House Dystov

Devland99

House Dystov

The Dystov family hails from a long line of lowborn Raevir soldiers and guardsmen. Despite their impoverished status, barely skirting above the common strelesy class, Dystov men were renowned for their loyalty and stalwart virtue, honest man who never strayed to banditry nor mercenary work. Yet only a few Dystovs have made their way into the annals of history due to their humble nature and low status.

The Dystov’s take their name from a province in the Highlands aptly named Dystov. A borderlands between the bitter North and the merchant leagues that bordered the Heartland, it was known to be a region which bred fine warrior stock. Being lowborn, the Dystov’s initially took no surname, however, according to legend, the first true Dystov was granted this household name after exemplifying the regions hardy soldiery after years of loyalty and valor. Ever since then, those of the first Dystov’s descent have kept the name as a family tradition.

The prestige of the Dystov’s waned and waxed with time, never quite attaining formal nobility due to the household’s lack of cunning to elevate it from the smallfolk.  However, in contemporary histories, the Dystov’s have assembled a small following and have come closer to their ambitions than ever. The father of the modern Dystovis, Branimir ‘the Bold’, was a famed companion of St. Wilfriche and sworn brother of the Jolly Ruskan Band. While martyred in a conflict against plague-bearer cultists in the Abresi sewers and orphaning his two sons, Branimir’s legacy left the boys a tidy sum and respect of the local community. Constantine and John, the brothers Dystov and sons of Branimir, were reared well into adulthood in Flotsam.

The twins made a name for themselves in the Fringe Wars. Constantine was a budding architect studying with Brother Thomas Denims while John made a name for himself as a trader and smith in Vekaro. Yet, when the bells of war tolled in the Vekaro church, it was the brothers Dystov who first answered the call of arms. Constantine and John both proved themselves as true Dystov men through their tenacity and commitment to the battlefield, keeping the Vekaro homeland safe from dwarven aggressors. In doing so, they caught the eye of many of the Raevir aristocrats, namely the young Tuvic princes and Bishop of Vekaro for their many talents and loyalty.

Fast forward to the exodus to the Atheran continent, the Dystovs settled in Karovia under Prince Alexander Carrion. The two once more served with ardor, providing the town ample supply and blueprints for build projects. Alas, when the Kovachev’s rebelled against Alexander and seized Karovia, the Dystovs fled, unable to patronize this usurper lord. The situation seemed dire for the brothers but they remembered the young Bishop of Vekaro and discovered he had become High Pontiff. Contacting him, they soon were granted charter to establish a fortification south of Fursten known as Mistmont Keep for their loyalty and ability. The High Pontiff also awarded Constantine the right to bear his own colors and tabard; Constantine chose white and green, the former representing their fealty to Church and the Creator, while the latter representing the rich fields of Dystov. While the Dystov’s are yet to be noble, they rally men and retainers in their new establishment in hopes to prosper and defend their liege and faith.

Members of Dystov

Constantine Dystov: Head of House Dystov and leader of the Mistmont garrison, Constantine hopes to see House Dystov grow to hold a fief proper.

John Dystov: John is Constantine’s younger twin and advisor, a hardy and laborious smith.

Evelyn Dystov: Evelyn is John’s daughter with his late wife; a playful girl who worries deeply for her father.

Svenja Dystov: The caring sister of John and Constantine, she looks after the well being of mistmont and finances

Holdings

House Dystov has a holdfast south of Fursten to protect the Palatinate from any southern aggression. Known as Mistmont Keep, the Dystov’s grow their garrison readying for any troubles that may befall them or their liege.

htDBMD9.jpg

Levy of House Dystov

The men that fight for House Dystov come from all around Oren protecting Mistmont and the Palatinate with unyielding loyalty. The bannermen stay within the walls of Mistmont ready to rally and fight its enemies and defend its allies. Constantine is always looking to fill his ranks with able and loyal lads. Dystov only accept’s males as fighters in accordance to Palatinate law. All loot gained by the bannermen of Dystov can be kept by that individual, though in some cases, given to Constantine to be pooled together and distributed equally. Once joined into the Levy you will be trained as a recruit, once your training is complete you will be assigned to a squad.

------------------------------------------

Application for joining the Dystov levy:

Name:

Race:

Short Bio of your history and reason of joining:

OOC:
Do you have skype?

Teamspeak?

John would relax into his chair as he reviews one of the posters, giving a small, approving nod towards it. "Excellent work Cons, we're sure to get many men in our ranks from this."

Dargrind Floreck

Dwarf

Me people were once hermits in Anthos. While oye was foine with being a hermit, me brothers were nawt. We took all we owned, and went to the Fringe, where we were faced with racism, and violence. Only one human showed us koindness, and his name was Adarian Colin. We were given vast amounts of land, for service under him. He was executed. For years me people wandered, built cities, watched them fall, and moved on. We have been betrayed by all and only a few have kept good to us, and thus, have earned my allegiance. Now I am here, for one man here, was once kin to Adarian. We wish to see him again, and know him and his family as we once did.

We do have skype, but my men will receive commands from me, so any orders to me they will hear

I have TS, my men do not, but anything said on TS will be relayed to my men by me

Dargrind Floreck

Dwarf

Me people were once hermits in Anthos. While oye was foine with being a hermit, me brothers were nawt. We took all we owned, and went to the Fringe, where we were faced with racism, and violence. Only one human showed us koindness, and his name was Adarian Colin. We were given vast amounts of land, for service under him. He was executed. For years me people wandered, built cities, watched them fall, and moved on. We have been betrayed by all and only a few have kept good to us, and thus, have earned my allegiance. Now I am here, for one man here, was once kin to Adarian. We wish to see him again, and know him and his family as we once did.

We do have skype, but my men will receive commands from me, so any orders to me they will hear

I have TS, my men do not, but anything said on TS will be relayed to my men by me

*A letter is sent in return* 

"You've been accepted to the Levy, report to Mistmont as soon possible to receive your housing and armaments 

Name:

Name: Burgess Livingstone

Race: Human

Short Bio of your history and reason of joining:  i have 3 brothers when i was seven one of my brothers vanished from me. My quest now is to find him while im on my way i plan to meet people and move on but now i see my thought was wrong i need a place to live and a place to feel some what welcome to this is why id like to join.

OOC:
Do you have skype?
yea

Teamspeak? yea

Name:

Name: Burgess Livingstone

Short Bio of your history and reason of joining:  i have 3 brothers when i was seven one of my brothers vanished from me. My quest now is to find him while im on my way i plan to meet people and move on but now i see my thought was wrong i need a place to live and a place to feel some what welcome to this is why id like to join.

OOC:

Do you have skype? yea

Teamspeak? yea

"You've been accepted to the Levy, report to Mistmont as soon possible to receive your housing and armaments 

Name:

Bigchunker Graybeard

Race:

Dwarf

The liniage of me family is a long one

however not an exciting one. Me family is one of simple yet useful skills that span the

fields of farmers, forests of lumberjacks and the mines of miners. I have picked up these 'ere skills

and am in the process of honing 'em. I would like to join this 'ere house to find a home and

harness my skills to gather resources for you.

OOC:
Do you have skype? Yes

Teamspeak? idk

Name:

Bigchunker Graybeard

Race:

Dwarf

The liniage of me family is a long one

however not an exciting one. Me family is one of simple yet useful skills that span the

fields of farmers, forests of lumberjacks and the mines of miners. I have picked up these 'ere skills

and am in the process of honing 'em. I would like to join this 'ere house to find a home and

harness my skills to gather resources for you.

OOC:

Do you have skype? Yes

Teamspeak? idk

Name: Berentorm Kalendul

Short Bio of your history and reason of joining: He wants to make a name for himself. He lived in a isolated village for most of his life but wandered out to pursue a better life. He always looked up to his father who taught him respect through beatings most of the time. Berentorm isn't the brightest (barely knows how to read or write) but that is because he spends most of his time eating and getting stronger in his mind.

OOC:
Do you have skype? Yes it is jackson.joe4 (Jayden Beaton)

Teamspeak? yes, and it is Doomkamon/Jayden (just never used the Lotc one before but be sure as glad to use it for better communication. 

Name: Berentorm Kalendul

Short Bio of your history and reason of joining: He wants to make a name for himself. He lived in a isolated village for most of his life but wandered out to pursue a better life. He always looked up to his father who taught him respect through beatings most of the time. Berentorm isn't the brightest (barely knows how to read or write) but that is because he spends most of his time eating and getting stronger in his mind.

OOC:

Do you have skype? Yes it is jackson.joe4 (Jayden Beaton)

Teamspeak? yes, and it is Doomkamon/Jayden (just never used the Lotc one before but be sure as glad to use it for better communication. 

Finn grinned as the number of people in the keep began to raise and she rushed out of her little house on the wall to greet them.

Name: Fersage Shimmersands

Race: high elf

Short Bio of your history and reason of joining:I need a place the high elvs at the capital are to stingy i dont remember what iv done the last 100 years nor do i speak elven because ive gone and lost all my memories.

OOC:
Do you have skype? yea

Teamspeak?yea

Name: Fersage Shimmersands

Race: high elf

Short Bio of your history and reason of joining:I need a place the high elvs at the capital are to stingy i dont remember what iv done the last 100 years nor do i speak elven because ive gone and lost all my memories.

OOC:

Do you have skype? yea

Teamspeak?yea

You've been accepted to the Levy, report to Mistmont as soon possible to receive your housing and armaments

Name: Draxis

Short Bio of your history and reason of joining: Draxis joins for the food and shelter. He holds no true loyalty to the Dystov, he simply uses them for his needs. As long as his needs are upheld, he will work hard and do as he is ordered.

OOC: 
Do you have skype? Yes

Teamspeak? Yes