Mood Music!

An introduction to Dread Knights

Section I - What are Dread Knights?
Section II - How do I start?
Section III - What do I do when I'm not killing?
Section IV - I lost a fight, now what?
Section V - Providing a Setting
Section VI - A high standard

Section I - What are Dread Knights?

This is a fairly straightforward question, that being they are artificial constructs. While some still hold their former bodies within their armor it holds no real purpose. This is only part what they are, however. Basically they're soulbound to a suit of armor and driven by their orders. A Dread Knight cannot effectively command itself, as it is made for taking orders and carrying them out. It's like putting a golem in charge of an army.

Section II - How do I start?

Well first off, you should know that being a Dread Knight makes you a bad guy. That's it, anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong simply and plainly. A good first task might be going with another more senior Dread Knight and to kill a few people, to give you some hands on experience.

0r4doC5.jpg

You should not by any means have your character pulling a Thing from Fantastic Four and go and try and be normal again, as your mentality is different. You are not by any means a person anymore, you're a machine that takes orders.

Section III - What about when I'm not killing?

Well if you're actually on the character, most of your time is spent between killing and making repairs, forging new armor and weapons and of course capturing individuals got a conversion.

Ge61A85.jpg

As well, Dread Knights can sometimes serve as an emissary for their Blood Mage master, usually the message heralded by blood and a warning. However keep in mind your Dread Knight isn't going to be picking flowers and kissing babies, something that has been a problem recently.

Section IV - I lost a fight, now what?

Good news! This isn't the end of your character! While you may not be revived by Monks, you aren't exactly dead. Nor are you really alive for that matter but it is irrelevant. It's hard to actually kill a Dread Knight, and it has always been a thing we pride ourselves on, that if you kill one properly we will permanently kill that character no questions, however sufficiency in the RP is required.

If your Dread Knight happens to find itself taken apart and scattered or pieces broken, eventually the parts will seek themselves or the entity will choose to disconnect themselves from that part, sort of of a salamander chooses to detach a limb.

5DMT4J1.jpg

Often times, Dread Knights missing limbs will simply make a new one if they cannot find the original one, or it is too hard or illogical to retrieve it.

Section V - Providing a Setting

As an antagonistic villain, you are held to a higher standard of Roleplay and are not only expected to, but required to uphold that standard. You are not playing this character for the loot, you're doing it to provide a villain that can be rallied against and that causes chaos.

bAD1kjK.jpg

Too often did the role get abused for pixels or winning when that isn't the cause. The purpose is like the Undead were originally, to make fun. Sadly the Undead failed in this and we have before previously but all hope is not lost.

A big part of this, is helping to coordinate events OOCly with faction or group leaders and maybe making a quest arc. If you do it right, you'll know because you'll be told.

Section VI - A high standard

I mentioned this briefly, how we are held to a high standard and expected to uphold it. In Asulon, the purpose of the Dread Knights was as a server antagonist. Unfortunately this fell through due to the heads of the group being preoccupied with other roleplay and such.

vjSJqNl.jpg

Because of this, the Dread Knights went unproven. When you play a Dread Knight, you are making a statement you are there to provide fun for others even if it means you lose some pixels or you die, that is the risk you take. That is your job as a Dread Knight.

Note-

I hope this has been useful. I'm tired of seeing how something I was a part of so long ago basically fall apart with blatant disregard for the lore it seems, or a fundamental lack of basic knowledge of the group.

It's rather disappointing because it has so much potential, and despite how many times I have tried to help the individuals trying to revive it they have fallen or given up. There is no need for a plugin to support the character if you're capable of providing adequate roleplay.

Nice guide.

I really enjoyed the Dreadknights and would love to see their return to glory.

It's hard to actually kill a Dread Knight, and it has always been a thing we pride ourselves on, that if you kill one properly we will permanently kill that character no questions, however sufficiency in the RP is required.

cries at the loss of Dread Knight Kethla Starbreaker.

rip dread midget

Nice guide man!

do i have to roleplay with the other edgy dreadknights or can i do my own thing just killin ****

Dread Knights aren't supposed to be edgy in the slightest. If they are Id recommend informing the proper authorities on the matter for rectification.

They are edgy as sin now. Hence why I am incredibly inactive on my Dread Knight; I simply don't want to be involved in that roleplay. But, however, I can't seem to go rogue as a way to bring back roleplay to my Dread Knight.

They are edgy as sin now. Hence why I am incredibly inactive on my Dread Knight; I simply don't want to be involved in that roleplay. But, however, I can't seem to go rogue as a way to bring back roleplay to my Dread Knight.

They aren't even active at the moment, and when they were they weren't exactly edgy. Mind explaining how they are instead of just slapping a label on them?

Bitching on the forums about how "edgy" they are without providing examples and potential fixes isn't going to change anything.

Katari I have had a dreadknight shoot retractile blades out its arm, get on all fours and go "Beast mode" on me once, apparently able to run 60 mph.

Dreadknights went pretty edgy.

Katari I have had a dreadknight shoot retractile blades out its arm, get on all fours and go "Beast mode" on me once, apparently able to run 60 mph.

And there have been some dreadknights who were removed because of they weren't roleplaying it correctly. My last few encounters have been with Vardak's, Pengepi's and Byron's (back before his hiatus) and I didn't see anything wrong with them.

There will always be bad eggs, but just point them out to the person who leads them with some sort of proof and the problem will be taken care of.

And there have been some dreadknights who were removed because of they weren't roleplaying it correctly. My last few encounters have been with Vardak's, Pengepi's and Byron's (back before his hiatus) and I didn't see anything wrong with them.

There will always be bad eggs, but just point them out to the person who leads them with some sort of proof and the problem will be taken care of.

yeah well youre pretty edgy yourself sorry to say it, so i don't think you'd b able to tell the difference

just to clarify i'm not trying to be offensive...

I remember when edgy was only used with hooded people...

Anyways, very good guide, makes me interested in some Dread Knight roleplay.

You sent me the screenshots, which didn't entail what you over-exaggerate above. The person in question was event-team, and a well respected member of the community. He was reprimanded, and I did try to see if he continued that activity, nobody filed a report after. This was a while ago, probably 3.5, maybe late 3.0.

If they have been since I left people in charge because I had to conduct OOC matters, tell me who. In reality, you were kicked for being pretty offensive in the chat and spamming memes/adding people who would do the same. Not for not abiding edginess. Last time I saw you was like mid-end 3.0-3.5. As I said, if you ever have an issue with someone, I have, in the past, constantly told both people who play DKs and people who RP with DKs to contact me and report them so I can get them kicked out or reprimanded in a swift manner.

Nice guide, Italian. Good we got that unpleasantness out of the way in skype.

I've got a small question, how are they actually made ?
Or how did they come to existence ?

Thanks in advance :)