[Magic Idea/lore] Cryomancy Official

xDK

9b21f9af726318901134bf74a3ccc1f4.png

Cryomancy Official

The following is already a part of the server, however I thought it would be nice to make it official.

---

Cryomancy is the art of Ice Evocation, however you will have to be a master at Hydromancy, before attempting to practice this art.

Shariana’s Notebook : Day; 356

Elemental Evocation is probably one of the most well known forms of magic since the beginning of time. This magic has been the start of many great wizards and sorcerers. The Elemental evocation has been split up into four main areas, with additions through time. These areas have certain subtypes, which is what I enjoy perceiving as stage two, or a new start. As all who is somewhat proficient in the evocation art should know, Cryomancy is a subtype of Hydromancy, it is the, so-called perfection of Hydromancy. However, Cryomancy is so much more. For those who are less intellectual, and has never heard the word “Cryomancy” before, I can indulge you in the knowledge that I am talking about Ice Evocation. Now, every somewhat skilled in Hydromancy are capable of “summoning” water, and then freeze it slowly. This is especially where Cryomancy stands out. You see, since Cryomancy is the perfection of Hydromancy, Cryomancers are capable of creating ice directly from the void. This is the main difference between Hydromancers and Cryomancers.

Ice is a very creative material, and this is the reason why Cryomancy is so much more variable when it comes to the bending of it. However it can also become dangerous, and unpredictable, even for the caster. For those who are unaware, Elemental Evocation has always followed certain rules which follows the natural physical properties of the said element. Perhaps the most important rule is the rule that states, “The elements must follow the same laws as they do in nature”. For Cryomancers this is important to notice, since ice is such a versatile material to use.

Cryomancers are very rare, since a complete concentration and knowledge needs to go into learning about Hydromancy, and perfecting it. Therefore it is at the utmost importance that you practice only Hydromancy before delving into the arts of Cryomancy. This is to avoid distractions and interferences, to accomplish the complete perfection. 

To break down the change I really want, and the thing you could call my proposal/idea for the server. It would be to officially create an archtype called Cryomancy, you take away Hydromancy's ability to evoke ice directly from the void (they can still create ice, just not directly), then you can practice Cryomancy and get to create ice directly. However you have to only practice Hydromancy as an Elemental Evocation to be able to become a cryomancer. This would be awarding for those who only practice Hydromancy and want to learn Cryomancy, but also a risk, since you won't be able to learn any other form of evocation, ever.

The reason for this idea/change in the current way both Cryomancy and Hydromancy work, is to create some form of exclusive feature for those who practice Hydromancy. Since as it is now, Hydromancy can't do much on its own, or atleast that is what people think. So by creating this it would become much more appealing to delve into Hydromancy alone to begin with.

If any specification should be made (IMO) it is not to make separate lore (though perhaps a guide for how to do ice could be helpful as clearly there are slightly conflicting ideas) but to identify it as an advanced technique. Many magic subtypes have advanced skills. Ice is definitely one for water evocation, but perhaps that hasn't been clearly stated.

Here's a list of some basic Elemental Evocation thumb rules.

- Sorcerers cannot manipulate pre-existing elements, only summon them. -

- Each element is considered one arch-type of magic on its own. -

- The elements must follow the same laws as they do in nature. -

- Sorcerers must be ‘attuned’ to their element, spend time around their element, understand its scientific properties, how it feels etc… -

- Sorcerer’s must see the area they wish to summon their element in. -

- Sorcerers can only summon their element in its rawest form. -

- Sorcerers must imagine the element in their mind and bend it in their mind before evoking it. -

More can/will be added later, for now I thought I would get it out.

Given the molecular structure ice its pretty simple to say that ice evocation is nothing less than a weaker version of earth evocation in terms of strength.

I am trying to say that you should consider saying its not the mastery of hydromancy, because there is nothing stopping you from focusing on it alone and using it as your preferred form of water when evocating.

Given the molecular structure ice its pretty simple to say that ice evocation is nothing less than a weaker version of earth evocation in terms of strength.

I am trying to say that you should consider saying its not the mastery of hydromancy, because there is nothing stopping you from focusing on it alone and using it as your preferred form of water when evocating.

It is true that a Hydromancer can evoke water and then freeze it, however they can't create ice directly from the void. If you look at it compared to Geomancy, it is the more weaker, but it is also alot more bendable and versatile.

It is true that a Hydromancer can evoke water and then freeze it, however they can't create ice directly from the void. If you look at it compared to Geomancy, it is the more weaker, but it is also alot more bendable and versatile.

This is actually not true, normally, and through the lore of evocation, you should create ice directly and not actually freeze water. Evocation is the creation of elements thought the void, bringing water from the void and then freezing it is actually just a very wasteful way of doing it. Water mages which have studied ice and snow instead of water are able to evoke ice yet not water, it really depends on how a mage goes in training.

It is normal that a water mage learns normal water evocation before going into ice evocation, but that's just a way to learn.

This is actually not true, normally, and through the lore of evocation, you should create ice directly and not actually freeze water. Evocation is the creation of elements thought the void, bringing water from the void and then freezing it is actually just a very wasteful way of doing it. Water mages which have studied ice and snow instead of water are able to evoke ice yet not water, it really depends on how a mage goes in training.

It is normal that a water mage learns normal water evocation before going into ice evocation, but that's just a way to learn.

I'm not sure where I got it from exactly, but I remember reading in some rules somwhere that "Sorcerers can only summon their element in its rawest form." Whether this is outdated or what, I don't know. If it is true that Hydromancers can evoke ice directly, look at this thread as an idea for a better alternative.

I'm not sure where I got it from exactly, but I remember reading in some rules somwhere that "Sorcerers can only summon their element in its rawest form." Wether this is outdated or what, I don't know. If it is true that Hydromancers can evoke ice directly, look at this thread as an idea for a better alternative.

That's true, they can only evoke in their "rawest form." Thing is, ice and snow is a raw form of water, it's naturally concurrent, it rains and it snows, and there are places where ice formation is the rawest of water's form and it's liquid state only happens when you heat up ice and snow.

Everything you said it's true, though I don't like the "each evocation is it's own archtype" and I think it's a bit wrong. Non the less, that is why things like metal can not be evoked unless in ore state (which is mostly useless), and crystals can only have natural forms (which means no blade like, or armor like). Rocks on the other hand, since they have so many forms, you can do spikes and 'walls' and things like that. Ice is about the same, you can create spikes, rocks of ice, 'walls' of ice, and so on, because they are natural occurring.

Btw, things like lava and acid can't be evoked because while training the mage would be hurt and died from his own evocations. This is the IC reason why you can't create an OP evocation.

Can I become a cyromancer, do martial arts, and be this servers Sub Zero?

That's true, they can only evoke in their "rawest form." Thing is, ice and snow is a raw form of water, it's naturally concurrent, it rains and it snows, and there are places where ice formation is the rawest of water's form and it's liquid state only happens when you heat up ice and snow.

Everything you said it's true, though I don't like the "each evocation is it's own archtype" and I think it's a bit wrong. Non the less, that is why things like metal can not be evoked unless in ore state (which is mostly useless), and crystals can only have natural forms (which means no blade like, or armor like). Rocks on the other hand, since they have so many forms, you can do spikes and 'walls' and things like that. Ice is about the same, you can create spikes, rocks of ice, 'walls' of ice, and so on, because they are natural occurring.

Btw, things like lava and acid can't be evoked because while training the mage would be hurt and died from his own evocations. This is the IC reason why you can't create an OP evocation.

I added a bit in the thread about the reasoning.

When saying that each element is there own archtype, I mean that the elements that is lore approved and possible to evoke is its own archtype.

To break down the change I really want, and the thing you could call my proposal/idea for the server. It would be to officially create an archtype called Cryomancy, you take away Hydromancy's ability to evoke ice directly from the void (they can still create ice, just not directly), then you can practice Cryomancy and get to create ice directly. However you have to only practice Hydromancy as an Elemental Evocation to be able to become a cryomancer. This is the basic idea put down, black on white.

Can I become a cyromancer, do martial arts, and be this servers Sub Zero?

Sure you can, however you would probably be too weak physically to even do baby wrestling.

I think I'll take my chances to break lore, thank you though <3

On the real though, all jokes aside, this lore wasn't really needed. Instead, considering you're the only person who take ice evocation remotely seriously, you should just write a guide on it. It does the same thing this does, except you can properly explain to the noobs how to properly roleplay it.

Alpha Dark Shomo out

This is alright, but not entirely needed.

On the real though, all jokes aside, this lore wasn't really needed. Instead, considering you're the only person who take ice evocation remotely seriously, you should just write a guide on it. It does the same thing this does, except you can properly explain to the noobs how to properly roleplay it.

Alpha Dark Shomo out

There's a thing called "Need" to do and a thing called "Nice" to do.

To break down the change I really want, and the thing you could call my proposal/idea for the server. It would be to officially create an archtype called Cryomancy, you take away Hydromancy's ability to evoke ice directly from the void (they can still create ice, just not directly), then you can practice Cryomancy and get to create ice directly. However you have to only practice Hydromancy as an Elemental Evocation to be able to become a cryomancer. This is the basic idea put down, black on white.

I've been evoking ice for at least a year and a half now, and this seems absolutely unnecessary. Water evocation isn't a subtype that needs splitting up. To be entirely honest, the way you've set this idea up makes it sound as if you're trying to make evoking ice more special than it should be. There's no reason it should be some elite-tier subtype for water evocation masters. It's better where it is, as part of water evocation. 

As someone who'd be affected by this, a big -1.

Alpha Dark Shomo out

Hi. I'm definitely not an ice evocationist too or anything.... on a side note a guide or seperate lore isn't nessecary. Hydromancy is creating water in all foms thus the same rules apply.

I've been evoking ice for at least a year and a half now, and this seems absolutely unnecessary. Water evocation isn't a subtype that needs splitting up. To be entirely honest, the way you've set this idea up makes it sound as if you're trying to make evoking ice more special than it should be. There's no reason it should be some elite-tier subtype for water evocation masters. It's better where it is, as part of water evocation. 

As someone who'd be affected by this, a big -1.

Perhaps you didn't read it, but I specifically said that Hydromancers still are capable of creating ice.

Hi. I'm definitely not an ice evocationist too or anything.... on a side note a guide or seperate lore isn't nessecary. Hydromancy is creating water in all foms thus the same rules apply.

Hydromancers aren't able to evoke water in all forms, not in gas form atleast.. (off topic)