The Primeval Schism Of Aeldin

Swgrclan

any thoughts on th-the lore would be cool too, g-g-guys

no seriously it's very good, i like it, you've got my approval. there isnt anything at this stage which i reckon needs to be improved or expanded upon - let's see if those dastardly lore team members will consider it a valid explanation, though!

Menarra the Lore Admin said Aeldin is canon. Several GMs have said it's canon. Now some LMs are saying it's not canon? Stop contradicting yourselves and make up your minds.

They're not as well connected as other groups.

Nice lore Swagger Man.

The lore is pretty great.

It appears now though that the Lore Team acts independently from LotC and goes against thing said in the past.

This is fantastic, and I thank you as one of the writers of Aeldin lore for writing an explanation for how people traveled there. Honestly, I see no problem in allowing a unique continent to be added to the realm that has been acknowledged by many community members whom do not have any problems with it. I can see the complications, but in all respect most of it was because there was no actual public explanation about how the planes/worlds/realms work in lore that I, or many others, have heard of (I only recently got told about how it works, much after Aeldin's lore was written.). Anyhow, I support this Swgrclan, as you've put the effort in to actually helping this lore which many, many people enjoy, come to life with a real reasoning. This is greatly appreciated, and I hope this does get accepted from my point of view. It would be extraordinary to see this type of lore implemented.

I feel the entire issue of Aeldin has been poorly misrepresented by people, who in reality, are just angry because they think 'RETCON'.

However the issue was never with Aeldin itself, I know myself and many other LM's actually support the concept of Aeldin and wouldn't mind it's existence. The issue comes with how this information was presented and implemented, for some odd reason it never went through the usual means of being posted upon the lore subforum etc etc, to the majority of the LM's it just appeared on the wiki with many of us having little idea of what it truly was. 

In regards to Menarra's comment, my knowledge stretches to that he did confirm it's existence as a continent yet the lore about what happens upon such and the capability to travel from one to the other wasn't.  

Tdlr; Stop acting like we're some force only destined to bring you pain and suffering, use proper lore formatting!

On another note,

This lore might be alright swgr, slightly vague in nature but that might actually do it benefit considering in reality players won't have much interaction with this.

Why can't we simply think of Aeldin as a place we can't go to, as of now? Just like the Fringe, it could be a temporary map in the future. Just like Black Marsh in Elder Scrolls, it exsists, but you can't go there. Why is it so hard to think that?

It feels like the LM team have an unquenchable hate for this place, always denying it's exsistence - never thinking of reviewing the lore. But well, that's just how I've seen it, don't mind me.

Also, the lore's great swagr - as always.

I don't think the lore is intruding on anyone's experience, nor is contradictory to any other lore on the server. Plus, it's well written, as usual for Swgr.

I think the hesitation of some people to accept Aeldin as canon stems from a fear that if it is made official, people will start saying "Why can't we go there then?!", opening up a whole new can of worms. But, I honestly don't think that will be the case, it's just a charming thing that some people like to harmlessly reference now and then.

People have already been claiming to go to Aeldin without having it as canon, and have claimed that they are from Aeldin.

Ultimately you're trying to make a continent interdimensional just so a few of you can have a neat backstory. Sounds a bit like the special snowflakes you abhor. 

Why can't we simply think of Aeldin as a place we can't go to, as of now? Just like the Fringe, it could be a temporary map in the future. Just like Black Marsh in Elder Scrolls, it exsists, but you can't go there. Why is it so hard to think that?

It feels like the LM team have an unquenchable hate for this place, always denying it's exsistence - never thinking of reviewing the lore. But well, that's just how I've seen it, don't mind me.

Also, the lore's great swagr - as always.

There has been no lore submitted to review. This is just the explanation for how people could go there from both Aegis/Athera and Asulon/Anthos even though nothing has been submitted about Aeldin itself.

There are special snowflakes, and then there are legitimate contributions and fundamental parts of history and lore that further develop and immerse a playerbase in fun, mystifying aspects of roleplay. From what I've been told, this is what Aeldin is, and I see very little reason to simply dismiss it as a viable addition to the server.

What, exactly, makes Aeldin's presence as a valid continent detrimental to anything?

It's presence as a continent isn't detrimental, it being accessible from both Athera and Anthos is, and incorporating events, characters, and lore that "happened there" is. And also there's no lore for it at all.

Don't forget that the existence of Aeldin in LoTC stems from the Exodus, which was basically just a bunch of people leaving for another server. The whole Aeldin thing was just something to say their characters were doing when they came back from a failed server. The staff aren't obligated to give two shits about roleplay that happened on another, failed server.

It's presence as a continent isn't detrimental, it being accessible from both Athera and Anthos is, and incorporating events, characters, and lore that "happened there" is. And also there's no lore for it at all.

Don't forget that the existence of Aeldin in LoTC stems from the Exodus, which was basically just a bunch of people leaving for another server. The whole Aeldin thing was just something to say their characters were doing when they came back from a failed server. The staff aren't obligated to give two shits about roleplay that happened on another, failed server.

What cave have you been in for the last couple of years? There's been plenty of lore written, and numerous staff have accepted it as lore.

http://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/Aeldin

I support the idea of Aeldin and its mythos existing but I don't support the idea of it being accessible and constantly having characters going to and fro from there. It decreases the legitimacy of events in Athera and sets a dangerous precedent of special snowflake worlds. If the only requirement for a new continent for a player base to manipulate is that it has x amount of lore and x amount of players backing it, we will soon see various player groups writing their own worlds in order to feel better about their standing in Athera, which cheapens the politics and intrigue of the server quite a bit.

When is exodus being re released?