[Lore] Voidal Storms

Booklight12

Personally, I believe similarly to what was said. It can cause the spells to become more powerful, but even a master of voidal magics would find themselves unable to control the magics entirely, causing great harm to themselves. If mages were simply empowered by the storm, it would be clear-cut bullshit.

I don't think in way should mages be empowered by these storms if accepted. First how could a mage handle that much power, he'd burn to a cinder. Secondly, it hasn't been stated what form of mana this storm would be taking. 

The existence of voidal storms as caused by high mage interaction with the void may not fit in with current lore. As it stands, Voidal Nodes ( https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/122009-lore-revision-void-nodes-and-hollows/ ) are already an accepted lore post that seems to cover the majority of concepts proposed within this lore. 

The uniqueness of voidal storms is not far enough from voidal nodes for me to support this lore -- storms simply appear to be a more chaotic, primal version of voidal nodes. 

The existence of voidal storms as caused by high mage interaction with the void may not fit in with current lore. As it stands, Voidal Nodes ( https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/122009-lore-revision-void-nodes-and-hollows/ ) are already an accepted lore post that seems to cover the majority of concepts proposed within this lore. 

The uniqueness of voidal storms is not far enough from voidal nodes for me to support this lore -- storms simply appear to be a more chaotic, primal version of voidal nodes. 

In a way even though I think the lore is off, it's still something unique and shouldn't be thrown in with voidal nodes. The void is everything, but nothing with it's own infinite possibilities. 

In a way even though I think the lore is off, it's still something unique and shouldn't be thrown in with voidal nodes. The void is everything, but nothing with it's own infinite possibilities. 

The void may have an infinite amount of possibilities or iterations, but the voidal node lore does cover what's outlined in this lore. If this lore was being proposed as a type of voidal node instead of its own separate lore, I would be inclined to support this.

Other issues with this lore include :

A) The 'energy' received by the Mages. This can be explained as just a draw of mages towards the storm, it does not need an emotional or energetic impact on mages. Magi, if anything, should have more difficulty casting next to a chaotic rip of void through the realm.

B) A voidal storm should not 'ward off' Druids or cause them to feel depressed. This simply does not make sense. Vast manifestations of the void would cause, to Druids, a significant imbalance in nature. While a Druid may feel the distress of the natural world, they would not be warded off. If anything, they would be inclined to assist and restore the world to balance.

For the first point, keep in mind It was never said that the mages would be empowered. All that is said is that the magic users are drawn almost to the Voidal storms, and if nearby would have a solely emotional feeling of excitement. It isn't needed for mages to feel this way and not all mages would necessarily need to feel this, though it is mainly to expand upon the idea of being drawn to the voidal storms as it would most likely interest a magic user greatly. Though it was never stated in the lore that the storms would effect the casting of the mage. I simply asked for a lore teams idea on that nature of the lore. Depending on their response I will definitely alter the lore accordingly. As for the druids it is more of an outline of what a druid would feel, they aren't physically warded off from the area.

Also, as for Wendigo your statement about the empowering of magic. I and most likely everyone else is against the idea also. As the writer of this possible lore addition think it should be more negative of an effect on casting during these storms. As if it were to positively empower magic it'd be somewhat overpowered. But again the lore as it is, should remain somewhat as an outline for the possible events for event team to create. 

This lore has been [Denied]

It seems like something that wouldn't really be used, and that if it could it could already potentially be done with void nodes. Additionally it's not really explained why they have the effect they have, and the effect itself could possibly be less specific than only affecting mages positively and druids negatively.