[Playable Creature]Augurs of Yeu Rthulu

Quavinir_Twiceborn

2 hours ago, Chaotikal said:

What do they add to roleplay if I may ask? It looks too much alike Xan's Keepers.

This is from a pervious comment answering the same question, so pardon if you mind me recycling what I said previously.

"

The Augurs (in my opinion) bring something that has been truly lacking on the server, an actual /good/ force.

Every single type of creature currently one's able to be is either neutral, or bad. Even magics! Not one /goodguy/ group or creature. Likewise, currently every playable magic group on the server is either neutral (IE: the druids, though there has been so many either greatly unkind, to evil druids I've seen that the druids as a whole cant really be called good.), or has a vendetta against another. (IE: The Ascended, Tahariae Clerics, Xan Paladins, all want to purge things.)

Likewise, this creates both something new and interesting for characters to interact with.  What will people do when an augur /wont/ help them attack something? What will they do interacting with this creature? Will they trust it as it's previous self? Will they want to listen to it's guidance? And even moreso, none of this roleplay is centered around /COMBAT/. They're something that /isn't/ gonna spend 90% of their time shanking you, but actually rather talking, and doing things.

Likewise, it allows the player to explore what being without anger is like in their daily life, and in their glorified body. What would usually enrage them would rather confuse or sadden them, "

You seem to be explaining The Wilven Philosophy, but adding flashing sparkly lights to it.

1 minute ago, Chaotikal said:

You seem to be explaining The Wilven Philosophy, but adding flashing sparkly lights to it.

I've actually not heard the Wilven Philosophy yet (or seen it atleast.)

Just now, Quavinir_Tinuvial said:

I've actually not heard the Wilven Philosophy yet (or seen it atleast.)

It is the core lore of the Cloud Temple Monks, although many others follow it. 

What do these sound like when spoken to?

Simply call me stupid if it was specified in the lore post or its already been asked and answered.

+1 btw this is cool ; )

14 minutes ago, Banshee said:

What do these sound like when spoken to?

Simply call me stupid if it was specified in the lore post or its already been asked and answered.

+1 btw this is cool ; )

What they sound like... I actually want to be up to the individual player.

I personally think that one would sound like the original descendants voice, yet with a slight metallic tinge, as if alluding to the fact that they can still turn back to their previous self, and that they're the same person.

I really got no question about it, looks good to me :) 

+1

14 hours ago, Chaotikal said:

What do they add to roleplay if I may ask? It looks too much alike Xan's Keepers.

I fail to see how they are like Xan's keepers, which are essentially Paladins beefed up. Augurs have no healing abilities, have only spectral abilities (not the offensive capabilities of other holy magics), and have very different sets of morals.

11 hours ago, Chaotikal said:

Yeu Rthulu followers have a unique moral system outlined in the strictures based on forgiveness and abstinence, not neutrality, as with Wilven monks. Yeu Rthulu restrictions are based on mundane things (no sex outside of marriage, no drugs, no alcohol, et cetera). They CAN and WILL help defend people, but that isn't really their point.

Implement it already <3!

+999

For them peeps who be thinkin' this ain't unique, ya gotta reread the lore. :)

As long as it's not abused and powergamed like some races, i'd +1 it.

The Augurs I find to be a rather interesting piece. They do not seek great advantages in their roleplay but rather a slight change and far more limits than gains. It creates an interesting atmosphere in which they shall work and create roleplay for those who interact with them. I whomlesomely support the Augur Lore. Quaint and affective, but not overly done.

I'm sorry but this lore has been denied.

The main reason for this is due to the anguel's minuscule following, providing a GREAT deal of strength to a very small group -- furthermore, another itheral like creature does not seem to be supported by the lore team. More on the topic, the transition described is also mechanically impossible - as switching from spectre to a descendant race cannot be accomplished via our current racial system.