[Playable Creature]Augurs of Yeu Rthulu

Quavinir_Twiceborn

The Augurs of the Aengul Yeu Rthulu.

qC6ghfJ.jpg

Spoiler

Drawn by the amazing John Devlin as a commission to me. Seriously, go check out his art.

The Augurs of Yeu Rthulu are the followers of Yeu Rthulu blessed with transforming into a nigh spectral like creature held together with the power of the Aengul Yeu Rthulu.

What are they?

Augurs are roughly creatures that’re made via the power of both an willing, and focussed descendant individual, and the Aengul Yeu Rthulu. The body of an Augur is composed of a weightless, a glowing slightly corporeal substance, akin to a form of loose made mercury or water forming in the shape of the Augur’s body, forming gentle curves and long sweeping flowing tendrils off it’s back (That are just like a cape... cant be controlled), with plates of this substance compressed together to form soft, metal-like plates, akin to gold along his arms, hands, body, and head, even forming tendrils and horns along it’s body. A augur has no feet, yet rather floats gracefully above the ground (Just like a ghost, cant fly over things… just float), yet the rest of it’s body is held together rather tightly with the goldish metal plates, with it’s head being the most densely covered. The Augur due to it’s body being ‘sponsored’ by Yeu Rthulu, the Augur is no longer burdened with the need for food and drink whilst in it’s glorified form, yets back in it’s descendant body, it will be well needing to eat and drink.

vjiNmQ1.jpg

Whilst the Augur’s body is completely different from it’s previous, the Augur may return to it’s descendant form through a ritual nearly identical to the ritual that brought it to it’s glorified form.

The change to an Augur.

Augurs begin simply as standard mortals whom follow the Aengul Yeu Rthulu, and her strictures full-heartedly. The mortal through his time following the strictures if called to, will feel an urge to help others, a deep and genuine urge to see that other’s lives are made better. As this begins, the Aengul Yeu Rthulu will aim to make a connection with this individual, and after a few months of this connection will urge the individual into a time of prolonged meditation and prayer. This may be as small as a few hours, to a couple days, yet after the end of the period the mortal will go into a deep sleep like trance, unable to be woken or communicated to for a period of time, before with a flash of light blooming into an Augur.

In the form of an Augur, the descendant is freed from his anger, genuinely not being able to feel anger or hatred or malcontent. Instead, their hearts and minds are filled with good will and kindness, wishing to share their newfound joy, and love.

Augur act as bastions of hope and kindness wherever they live, and though their demeanor greatly changes from that of a normal mortal, their minds are still their own, and each Augur is still themselves, albeit- without their anger.

Augur’s do not to fight, and will only fight if they’re directly being attacked, and react in self-defense (Where their goal is usually simply to somehow pacify or disarm their opponent, rather than hurting or killing them.) or if one is clearly endangering, or harming genuinely innocent individuals. As the latter is genuinely hard to discern, many Augurs may choose to simply watch and judge whom is infact in the right or wrong, and than try to solve the problems once combat has ended. As such, Augurs will not take place in wars, or raids against others, even under dire circumstances.

2 augurs who find themselves at odds with eachother though will never fight against eachother, even if an augur is seemingly attacking someone who seems innocent, as they share and understand that everyone has a reason for what they do, and that surely another augur’s reasons would be just as pure as his own.

Returning to descendantcy.

As an descendant may turn into an augur, an augur may turn back into a descendant. The augur must repeat the same process in which it gained its glowing form, losing itself to meditation in prayer, in which it shalt enter into a deep, vulnerable sleep, and after a while, be brightened to near blinding light, and than subside to reveal the descendant, just as he was. And upon awakening, the descendant may repeat the process, and return to his glorified form, and back again indefinitely.

Yet, one cannot count themselves all lucky that they can return from their ghostly form, as in returning, the descendant would find that he still cannot validly feel anger, instead, frustration and problems amounting to deep sadness and melancholy, and suffering from horrible bouts of sleep paralysis, nocturnal and even waking siezures. Those wishing children will find themselves terribly wounded as any who’ve gone through being an augur will find themselves 100% infertile, and unable to concieve a child.

Gladly though, an augur’s life may be long, as their body is held together by the Aengul Yeu Rthulu, and kept in well check. THough they still age, their aging is dulled, and their bodies and minds can continue working well past their natural lifespans, both in their glorified, and descendant form.

Augurs in Combat

HeSG7k4.jpg

In the rare happening of an Augur being forced into combat, they’re both at advantage in some ways, yet at disadvantage in many other ways. As Augur’s body is made similar to that of a ghosts, normal slices at the translucent parts of it’s body will be significantly muted, yet blows aimed for the plates of it’s body (namely the head) will wreak havoc, and effectively kill the Augur, who would disappear in a flash of smoke and light, and be revived at the cloud temple as their normal descendant self.

Gold (despite not harming them to the touch like ghosts.) will rend the body of the augur quite effectively, tearing through and ripping at the body of the augur with massive ease, as such is the price of it’s ghost-like body. Fire also causes massive problems to the Augur, through not directly damaging it, it tortures the spectres, filling their entire bodies with pain and agony. If one wished to contain or ward away an Augur, fire would be the best means to do so.

Likewise,  Fi magic intended to cut the connection with the Augur’s patron will immediately cause the Augur to faint until the connection is made again after the Fi mage has finished casting, both if it’s in descendant, or glorified body form.

GREEN AND RED LINES:

Green lines:

+Get to play as a specter race.

+Can float.

+Dont need to eat whilst in Augur form.

+Are glowy, and have a unique aesthetically pleasing design.

+Are a tad bit resistant to damage due to the Specter buff.

+Get to live longer as some of the more shortlived races.

+Touching gold doesnt hurt them.

Red lines:

-Cannot fly, only float.

-Has to be a goody two-shoes. Cant be grey on the moral spectrum. Only white (or rainbow.)

-Cannot change immediately from Augur to descendant (And vice versa), takes a good long bit.

-Is left vulnerable when changing.

-Is wrecked by Gold.

-Is wrecked by Fi Magic.

-Is wrecked by blunt weapons.

-Is wrecked by headshots.

-Is tortured with fire.

-Cant raid, or take part in warclaims (Defending, or offensive.).

-Back in descendant form has massive problems.

-Cant have babies. (Mainly to keep people from  making weird half holy child-half not weird babies.)

-Physically cant get angry, which can make rather weepy characters.

-Will lose Augurness rather easilly if going against Red lines.

-Cannot use any forms of magic, both in and out of Augur form, due to their connection with Yeu Rthulu.

OOC: How do you plan this to be implemented? Transforming from human to… augur?

I myself would personally like the augurs to make use of both the Spectr race, and the use of personas. An player would be able to have an separate persona for the augur, which’d be under the specter race, and the original persoa of the character who converts to an augur. This would allow one to be able to switch mechanically as they could RPly.

OOC: Why Specter Race?

There’re currently very few making use of such a fun, and mechanically interesting race, and nearly all of them either seem to be staff, or 100% locked in creatures. I would love to open this up to new people, especially with something thats so different from the current creatures that go under the Specter race.

OOC: Losing Augur...ness?

If one were to break the limitations set as being an Augur, they can be reported, and permanently lose being an Augur. RPly Yeu Rthulu would disconnect from the nasty individual, and they’d lose the ability to transform into an Augur. This means OOCly having to delete your Specter persona.

OOC: How to become an Augur

If this lore is accepted, I plan to try to get a copy of the Strictures in the Cloud Temple Libary (If there is one by the time this is accepted.) and than allow anyone to get a copy/read it and write it down, follow the strictures, make a creature application, and become an Augur. No guildlocking, no waiting to be taught, none of that BS. YOU CAN JUST GET APPROVED, AND START RPING. I want to make this as open as possible. Someone want to play a goody-goody floaty critter? They can. And they dont need the slightest interaction with yours truly.

Perhaps this is already in the specter lore, but can Augurs use magic (Void or otherwise)?

Perhaps this is already in the specter lore, but can Augurs use magic (Void or otherwise)?

Nope!... Oh, I should put that in he red lines.

I'll be honest, there are enough Ghost/Specter races at the moment that are RP'd absolutely terribly. TERRIBLY. I would like to see more races implemented that are mortal, though. I think this has the potential to be abused a lot.

I'll be honest, there are enough Ghost/Specter races at the moment that are RP'd absolutely terribly. TERRIBLY. I would like to see more races implemented that are mortal, though. I think this has the potential to be abused a lot.

This is making use of the specter /mechanic/ race (All ghosts but wraiths make use of the necroyte race.), it itself isnt a ghost, as its not dead. And I'm being rather careful to ensure it isnt abused. (If there is a concern that was not addressed int he red lines it'd be fabulous to hear it.)

Though, I'd love to hear any criticism you have, or means to improve it.

Another probably barely played ghost/spectral/necrolyte/aengul race to be dumped into the already overly full saturated mass of this particular archetype of creature. I'm not keen on that, nor am I on the concept. Don't think it'd add anything to the server.

Another probably barely played ghost/spectral/necrolyte/aengul race to be dumped into the already overly full saturated mass of this particular archetype of creature. I'm not keen on that, nor am I on the concept. Don't think it'd add anything to the server.

If you'd take a look, you'd see that unlike any of the previous 'specter races', they're not dead, evil, or out to kill anything. (which all aengul groups have been out to do.) Am I incorrect?

Though, I'd love to hear any suggestions you'd have that'd make it more unique, or improve it.

Edited by Quavinir_Tinuvial

Yeah I'm know, I'm not saying its inherently a bad idea or anything, just that I don't think It'd bring anything to the server that isn't already present.

Im not even accepted yet i put out my application form 2 hours ago and have just been exploring the server and the site and I like this idea :D it sounds cool, The picture look epic too.

I've read it all, and think it is a great idea. As it is not a dark evil scary spectre race! It would help promote people to not constantly attack each other, and the potential for abuse is.. Low, in my opinion. As if one attacked someone in this sense, for any ill intentions, it'd be taken away, yes? It seems something that would only add to the rp aspect, without the rp being everyone trying to kill you.

+1

Hope it gets approved <3

Perhaps in an event line? I just don't see the draw and think it may fall flat on its head outside of events. Considering you don't really get any real benefits what makes someone want to come join rather than the clerics/paladins? Playing devil's advocate here but ya dig? However if you development an event line then the concept offers progression instead of attempting to get off its feet and perhaps falling flat.

Perhaps in an event line? I just don't see the draw and think it may fall flat on its head outside of events. Considering you don't really get any real benefits what makes someone want to come join rather than the clerics/paladins? Playing devil's advocate here but ya dig? However if you development an event line then the concept offers progression instead of attempting to get off its feet and perhaps falling flat.

I dont have an event line planned out, though it'd be great to discuss such.

Likewise, the benefits namely would be access to the Specter Racial buffs, and the ablity to play as a holy creature without a long process through a guild that has the propensity to take years.

Edited by Quavinir_Tinuvial

Read this over and this looks very cool and might add some interesting RP to the server, plus they look bad ass

I don't have much of an opinion on this lore. Could you tell me what this will add to RP, if accepted? Why does the Aengul waste all its power and energy into creating a creature like this?
To sum up these questions and more:

1) What does this add to RP?

2) Why does the Aengul waste its power to make these things?

3) Why would someone want to become this?

4) What are the drawbacks to this lore, which is basically a way to become 'special'? (Call me cynical if you wish, but I'm just being neutral)

5) Why write this lore? (You may have answered some of this previously)

I don't have much of an opinion on this lore. Could you tell me what this will add to RP, if accepted? Why does the Aengul waste all its power and energy into creating a creature like this?
To sum up these questions and more:

1) What does this add to RP?

The Augurs (in my opinion) bring something that has been truly lacking on the server, an actual /good/ force.

Every single type of creature currently one's able to be is either neutral, or bad. Even magics! Not one /goodguy/ group or creature. Likewise, currently every playable magic group on the server is either neutral (IE: the druids, though there has been so many either greatly unkind, to evil druids I've seen that the druids as a whole cant really be called good.), or has a vendetta against another. (IE: The Ascended, Tahariae Clerics, Xan Paladins, all want to purge things.)

Likewise, this creates both something new and interesting for characters to interact with.  What will people doe when an augur /wont/ help them attack something? What will they do interacting with this creature? Will they trust it as it's previous self? Will they want to listen to it's guidance? And even moreso, none of this roleplay is centered around /COMBAT/. They're something that /isn't/ gonna spend 90% of their time shanking you, but actually rather talking, and doing things.

Likewise, it allows the player to explore what being without anger is like in their daily life, and in their glorified body. What would usually enrage them would rather confuse or sadden them, 

2) Why does the Aengul waste its power to make these things?

Firstly, Yeu Rthulu is a compassionate aengul. The strictures she sent down apparently (Have to say that due to the LT) were made  to help make the lives of the descendants that follow them /better/, not to make them live a holy life, but a happy one. 

The aengul  uses its power as to enlighten those that come seeking it, to relieve them from their anger and hatred, and turn them into literal ambassadors of her will. Living examples of the joy and freedom the strictures give. Likewise, the form of an augur is a fair bit durable, and will help keep the few followers she has, and will have in the future from such an easy demise.

3) Why would someone want to become this?

The Augurs allow a player to be able to play something new, and interesting. It allows them to play as an actual good creature (as I've specified above with all the new things with 'what does this add to RP)

4) What are the drawbacks to this lore, which is basically a way to become 'special'? (Call me cynical if you wish, but I'm just being neutral)

Along with all the weaknesses listed in the red lines, the Augurs (Both in glorified body, and normal one) cannot take part in raids, warclaims, or any sort of villainous roleplay. THEY PHYSICALLY are not allowed to be villainous. Wanting to get back at that guy who called you mean names? Well, you cant. Want to teach those ruffians a lesson? You cant. Want to go and hunt down those necros and show 'em whose boss?... Still cant.

5) Why write this lore? (You may have answered some of this previously

I wrote this lore  as to provide a new RP experience, to fill a hole I believe that has been made with every single 'good group' infact having a vendetta against evil (And now the removal of the one 'good' group on the server, whom werent really 'good' as par to their removal),  and to open up the specter racial bonus to players, as only locked groups have access to it.