[✗] The Aengudaemonic Cycle

shimmeringbliss

chinese-zodiac-calendar.png

Hello everyone, this is my proposal for a new form of measuring time on LOTC, also known as the Aengudaemonic cycle. 

Every year in game is measured as 1 week in real life.

However when we have crossovers from real life festivities, we have them ingame as well such as Christmas is Krugmaz 

But since time passes differently, and its not feasible to have all the festivals in 1 week, it would make sense for us to have these IRL events happen once a IRL year.

Therefore, it would be easier to have a IRL correlation to LOTC's calender!

The Aengudaemonic cycle would be a name for 52 years ingame, and represent an entire year in real life, and each cycle (or IRL year) would be named after an Aengul or Daemon.

So for example 2015 could have been the Cycle of Eshtael, the Aengul of Balance. And the characters ingame would refer to 2015 as the Eshtael Cycle. 

There are quite a few Aenguls and Daemons, so I dont think we'll run the risk of double naming!

http://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/Aengul

http://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/Daemon

So we would have 1 Kurgmaz in 1 cycle, and that would be every 52 in game years, correlating with real life! Characters may only experience 1-2 Krugmaz's because of their lifespan.

I was inspired by the chinese zodiac, and the greek use of a sidereal calender which is based around constellations.

I like the idea of relating IG time to irl time, but I don't think it should be related to Aenguls and Daemons. Not sure exactly what it should be related to. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I like the idea of relating IG time to irl time, but I don't think it should be related to Aenguls and Daemons. Not sure exactly what it should be related to. 

Each race could refer to it in terms of their own famous figures maybe? Like Humans could name them after their saints, Dwarves after paragons, and so forth.

I do like the idea though. Its very simple but a nice touch.

This is a very good idea and one that I, personally, think should be implemented into the server

The lore has been voted on and has been denied. Why it has been denied is because this can be more in a culture rather than a lore on its own. Cultures are quite able to adapt it but it shouldn't be imposed over the simple system we have now. It is a very interesting concept though.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.