Lore- "Oxygen"

Wolf Druid Ouity

It is well established that people inhale and exhale, through a process scientifically known as respiration, but commonly called breathing. However, a question remains unanswered by LoTC's valiant lore team, and a great hole in our server remains open.

What exactly are we inhaling and exhaling? Why is it so important to breathe?

I propose that all things must consume gas to survive on our server. Oxygen.

Why A Gas?

As we know, there are three states of matter, solid, liquid, and gas. As it is only plausible that people inhale and exhale gas (as liquid and solids are both perceivable to the naked eye), gas is the obvious choice to be the manner of substance that is being inhaled and exhaled.

Why “Oxygen?”

As it is not established in lore that there are any gases naturally occurring in the atmosphere, I propose this one to be the first. The “lifeblood” if you will of the Races. As we go forward, perhaps we will continue this trend and add more gases that are independent of “oxygen.”

Limitations

When people cannot breathe, they die. This is already established in LOTC canon. This does not change with the introduction of this lore. This means that people must be very careful when experiencing asphyxiation. Furthermore, in the event of an overabundance of oxygen, the likelihood of a fire dramatically increases. This means that if there is somehow too much oxygen near a character, firemancers will have increased power.

Impact on Current Lore

Aeromancy will now use oxygen in its evocations. This, over the unnamed wind that they used in the past.

-no other impact

This exists. It is called "air" and does not require lore.

I am trying to flesh out our universe. 

C'mon man, this lore is dedicated to you.

The hero.

What is "oxygen" made of?  Where does it come from?  How do you remove this "oxygen" in order to not breathe?

How is there not already too much "oxygen" ?  Since it is everywhere, is it possible that it can combust in the air at any time?

Just now, Song Druid said:

What is "oxygen" made of?  Where does it come from?  How do you remove this "oxygen" in order to not breathe?

How is there not already too much "oxygen" ?  Since it is everywhere, is it possible that it can combust in the air at any time?

Thank you for your feedback! I will update the OP

How do I roleplay this?? Can I get a step by step guide on how to implement Oxygen on my character?

Lore under review. Expect an outcome soon!

err im sorry to say benbo as lore admin im automatically accepting this lore and also welcome back to the team ouity

ok because apparently people can't clarify what a joke is yes this is a joke