[Creature] The Amaranthine Beetle

MunaZaldrizoti

floods_bug27.gif

"The Amaranthine Beetle"

Origin and Known Facts:

It is unknown if the Amaranthine beetle is in close relation to the scarab, but it shares with this other breed of beetle a similar shape, size, and dark coloring. The armor of this beetle is a dark, yet glowing shade of purple, protecting it's inner skeleton and making it hard for other creatures to crush or eat. It is quick to move and, seemingly, craves biting the flesh of creatures it finds threatening. The bites are known  thus far to only cause prolonged pain around the site of the bite, little is known about the long-term or short-term side effects.

Recently surfaced, these beetles are still elusive and hard to track, but scholars have already deduced that these large insects burrow deep within the Earth, perhaps attracted to sewers and areas with waste. Seeming to travel in massive groups, these beetles are seemingly drawn to other animal's activity and sense danger at their presence , creatures like humans and elves being prime targets for these vicious beasts.

Sighting(s):

*A previous attack on Courland by these beetles was made a few years ago, though the events were not recorded and thus not much is known about this initial attack.*

1553 - The capitol city of Courland, Iralis, was attacked by a large 100-sum swarm of the Amaranthine Beetles, a large host having to mass before the insects could be terminated. They sprouted up from the ground, and traveled in packs to cover more areas. They were able to climb steps with ease, biting several peasants and nobles alike, though the effects of these wounds are still unknown. A couple dozen escaped back underground, digging under the dirt and gravel. They have not been seen since but some worry that these insects have made a home underneath the newly-built city.

(ooc:)

And that is my first Lore entry/submission! I was inspired to do this because of the "Beetle" event that occurred today in Courland, where hundreds of purple beetles attacked the city from underground. Even if this doesn't get approved, do give me feedback about what you think. I thought adding a "still being researched and studied" element would be interesting, since one of my persona's friends was bitten and I am intrigued to RP  what happens to a subject when bitten and then recording it here! I love writing & creating lore for other games, and I think this was a nice start for me on lore-crafting LOTC Style! 

Enjoy! ^__^

Nice. Pretty small creature, still good though.

more power to smaller things!

When you say human flesh, do you mean purely human flesh or the flesh of the descendants? Also, does it crave it as a source of nourishment, or more so as a form of preemptive attack?

Otherwise, it's lovely lore and adds more color to the canvas that is LotC.

2 minutes ago, Adasinio said:

When you say human flesh, do you mean purely human flesh or the flesh of the descendants? Also, does it crave it as a source of nourishment, or more so as a form of preemptive attack?

Otherwise, it's lovely lore and adds more color to the canvas that is LotC.

Noted and Edited, thanks for giving me the feedback! ^__^

I...hate...bugs. *shiver*

2 hours ago, Ethan the epic said:

courland was also attacked by these things in October 2015.

Added! If you want me to add for info on the October 2015 event, just let me know!

6 minutes ago, Nalatac said:

My events...

They remain relevant..

Yeah, I loved this event and thought that someone should write something about it! It was fun, since I was on my noble woman, to jump up on a table and /s whilst all the guards were trying to smash the bugs to death!

P sure all creature submissions can go here 

The lore isn't really necessary. Adding it to the creature index will suffice. For tidiness I'm moving the thread to denied, but just add it onto the index lulu linked you.