The Rekindling— Tempered Souls Clarifications & Revisions

Supremacy

With the tied vote of Treshure's modification to Fi' lore and other comments, a revision and/or clarification of Tempered Fi' was requested. It is rendered below.

The Tempering of Souls

rqgQS2_gqO6kM1ltdbhA_B1VrIi5T_ffPY5Z7oAF

The Fi’ who so wander this world are not those who had done so in the past. The ancient art, riddled in mystery and ritual had been lost to time— lost to the gradual dispersion of the once proud Elibar’acal. And yet, the Golden Veil cracks. There was wealth to be found in this realm of Vailor, and not wealth of jewels… But wealth sealed within a Golden Tomb.

Comparisons

• As compared to Untempered Fi', Tempered Fi' is less efficient at draining magic (as established in the original Tempered Fi' lore). While an Untempered Fi' mage, who notably specializes in their magic type, and does have a soul directly latched to them, a Tempered Fi' mage is less specialized and does not have a soul directly latched to them.
  • The notion one needs to "remove the Holy nature" of Tempered Fi' remains unfounded. The "Holy" interpretation is an IC one. Just like "Dark Magic" is also an IC interpretation.
  • To clarify Tempered Fi' lore, these practitioners still suffer the Schizophrenic-like tendencies of their Untempered Fi' kindred. However, they are more muted— given the soul is not attached to them directly. No where does this say this is absent.
  • To summon from undisclosed lore— a Tempered Fi' mage can be disabled by the capture of their Orb. It will dissipate when too far from them. Another sacrifice is required to reforge the Orb. An Untempered Mage can not be disabled.
  • An untempered Fi' mage can still learn both subtypes.
  • A Tempered Fi mage may construct a soul-library (a device with which to store an Orb without it dissipating in their absence).
  • A Tempered Fi' mage is less physically strong than a normal individual. They are stronger than mages. If one imagines a mage as 50% as strong as a regular person (in terms of physical strength) a Fi' mage is 75% as strong.
  • A tempered Fi' or untempered Fi' user can not sense dark magics. This is not read anywhere on the lore, and was already a settled matter. Just as a Cleric, Ascended, or Shade can't sense one another.
  • Soul afflictions can still be rended with OOC permission.
  • Enchanting still makes you ill.
  • Weapon forging is removed. It was never a role-played element and, upon initial acceptance of the original lore, was removed for it lacked lore. This has never been a part of Tempered Fi'. The only weapon forging is for the ritual. If it is to be made, lore will be written. As always.

It is also worth noting the revision proposed by Treshure significantly empowered, rather than Reduced Fi'. Given it removed the exceptions of the various magics which, over time, wrote their lore to exempt themselves from "Acaele" Fi'. Consequentially, an Untempered Fi' mage under Treshure's lore is able, without sacrifice of power, to simply learn both subtypes of Fi' and drain more efficiently all magics than a Tempered Fi' mage— their only sacrifice being physical strength— which is irrelevant as they can already drain the energies of a mage and stab them to death even if they are not summoning magic.

There's a lot of terminology and "sectioning" (for lack of a better word) involving this magic. Instead of additions or short revisions, you and Treshure should probably just focus on rewriting the lore with the revised elements in mind. All of this terminology - Untempered, Tempered, Acaele, Orbs, the 1000 iterations of the Fi'-term extensions, etcetera -- it's very confusing. Circumventing all of this into a neat document or thread, in which there's just one base form of Fi' magic (no tempered nonsense) with the small branches handling different forms of magic, would be more appropriate. And readable.

Otherwise, with what I can understand, I suppose this seems agreeable. But I don't like some aspects, like the 75% strength thing, though only because of how it was practiced in RP. As far as I know, Fi' users under the Golden Owl era just wore plate armor and used armanents in tandem with their draining powers. I could be wrong though, but if I didn't misinterpret what I witnessed and was told of a multitude of times, it can be easily be fixed with a guide.

though only because of how it was practiced in RP

Please... Reference me this RP you saw practiced in which a Tempered mage ever used a weapon or physical strength. Because, I assure you, this hasn't even happened. My assumption is they, like the things you wrote the other day— should not be simultaneously casting and doing physically-intense things.

If you were told "multiple times" any of this, then you were lied to. That RP never occurred. The Owl never killed any dark mage with tempered Fi. Only Zerg rush gold weapons.

There were 3 Tempered Fi' mages. None of them ever attacked anyone with Tempered Fi'. Anything to the contrary is part of a circle-jerk lie.

My biggest critique of tempered fi was always that it works on more than simple void and deity magic. Tempered fi can now only work on the magic types the two untempered forms can work on, correct? If that is not the case, it is a no from me, as several of us from initially passed this lore believed that was the case and misunderstood this.

The original lore worked on all typed of magic spilt into two subtypes. But, that was when mages could only have 1 archetype. The introduction of "exceptions" (which happened every 4 months any time anyone revised their lore) as well as the removal of the MAT meant that it became worthless— since any mage encountered would have an exception magic.

Tempered fi' put an end to the fact that a player like MagicPastry could go up to nearly any event character, real character or any other character and end up being told "lol I have this one magic which you can't drain" so I'll just use that... And your magic draining magic is useless. (Hyperbole).

The point is, the old form was viable until (someone) removed the MAT. Then, the proliferation of magic, and exceptions, made it kind of worthless.

The notion that this has been powergamed, and that you were unaware, are both untrue— I will claim. Given... I said that clearly (as that was the main point of the lore) and given no powergaming reports ever have been introduced.

This lore has been denied.