Contract Magic Revival?

𝙻𝚞𝚟 XO

As Aerial said at one point, the magic seems way too small to take up an entire magic slot, in my opinion. I just don't think it has or had all that many uses, to be honest. Especially with the magic limit. I'm impartial to it, and I shan't vote this down. But that's my two cents on the whole thing.

This doesn't look like lore. This looks more like a "hey, this magic is cool it should be revived. I have made some minor edits and I'll use it responsibly with my authority over it." Tbh, I don't want contract magic re-added. It was a mess and it had the potential to make people PK which is... sketchy, at the very least.

Magics don't need to be big and grandiose to exist, and nothing like contract magic currently exists really, so its not like it's going to be imposing on any other magics 'thing' like a nature based magic would on druidism, for example.

Don't see why it shouldn't be a thing, so I'll throw in my support.

12 minutes ago, Redxophos said:

This doesn't look like lore. This looks more like a "hey, this magic is cool it should be revived. I have made some minor edits and I'll use it responsibly with my authority over it." Tbh, I don't want contract magic re-added. It was a mess and it had the potential to make people PK which is... sketchy, at the very least.

I made sure to add that the magic could not be used to force someone into PKing or force any sort of teaching of another art, I believe I only listed Dark Arts, however I will go back and adjust that. 

I do not plan to hold only authority over it as I plan to have guidance for the LM team on how to properly work 'running' a magic and I will OF COURSE ask Jistuma for any advise he could possibly give.

Just because there aren't many options listed on the post doesn't mean there aren't endless possibilities with the magic, like stated in the addition it is all up to the eye of the beholder.

22 minutes ago, Corvoo said:

As Aerial said at one point, the magic seems way too small to take up an entire magic slot, in my opinion. I just don't think it has or had all that many uses, to be honest. Especially with the magic limit. I'm impartial to it, and I shan't vote this down. But that's my two cents on the whole thing.

Sorry for not being able to combine the two responses, if an FM could do so that would be lovely. Done <3

But stated in the post I made sure to at least put twice that the magic would not be taking up a magic slot as it dosn't really require much magic despite the contract formation, much like Golemancy.

Just now, Luv (Люблю) said:

Sorry for not being able to combine the two responses, if an FM could do so that would be lovely. 

But stated in the post I made sure to at least put twice that the magic would not be taking up a magic slot as it dosn't really require much magic despite the contract formation, much like Golemancy.

Ah, fair enough. Well if that's the case, it has my support. :)

I think that the magic is one like no other, I was sad when I saw contract magic removed from the game, I was looking forward to see it in RP, but hopefully it will be back soon! +1

Contract magic has always been a staple mortal magic and it's been sorely missed. I believe it needs to be self-teachable once whatever form is implemented. The only way it will make a stance in RP is if it becomes an integral part of it. Good luck! 

Hey Luv, you should've told me you where working on this - i'm also working on contract magic revisions. :(

1 minute ago, Evark said:

Hey Luv, you should've told me you where working on this - i'm also working on contract magic revisions. :(

It was sort of a spur of the moment, I had a spark. Feel free to message me and I am willing to work with you on maybe adding some of the things you thought and giving you credit beside me?

Just now, Luv (Люблю) said:

It was sort of a spur of the moment, I had a spark. Feel free to message me and I am willing to work with you on maybe adding some of the things you thought and giving you credit beside me?

Yeah when I get home and find some time i'll message you and we can all work through it. 

Especially adding some examples of contracts and restricting what can be written upon the contract as it stands you've not written anything on that point besides "No PK's".

Just now, Evark said:

Yeah when I get home and find some time i'll message you and we can all work through it. 

Especially adding some examples of contracts and restricting what can be written upon the contract as it stands you've not written anything on that point besides "No PK's".

Of course, I feel the red lines area of the lore DEFIANTLY needs tuning, I would love any help.

Also don't forget to consider including previous additions to Contract magic, such as.

6 minutes ago, Evark said:

Also don't forget to consider including previous additions to Contract magic, such as.

Thank you so so so much, I was unable to find the link to this lore, if you are able to find any others please feel free to PM them to me through Skype and I will add them accordingly. I didn't include any to begin with just go give people more creative ideas instead of always recycling the old ones.

Contract magic was removed for not fulfilling it's original purpose, though we need to see about giving it a flare for peoples interests. 

I'll message the rest to you over skype.