Giants, the Precursors of Ents

Swgrclan

Just now, Swgrclan said:

They are very sentient, yes. Just as sentient as any other mortal race.

But can they still commune with nature?

52 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

But can they still commune with nature?

Yes. They hold a similar connection to Druids, but it's very subtle and weak.

On 5/13/2016 at 5:54 PM, Swgrclan said:

Art, primarily. I couldn't find good art for regular Giants.

I think this is underselling it a bit. The whole thing feels like a carbon copy of dark souls lore. First, gods  giants are born in flaming archtrees elder trees, and sooner or later find themselves in a war against dragons. The king finds the answer to finishing the war by using lightning bolts fire, and brings about a new age of peace. But oh no, the world is still dark, so they create the kiln of the first flame the altars of light so that it's bright again. Of course, if the altars are ever to go out, the only way to relight it would be with dragons or sacrificing themselves to it chosen undead and Gwyn confirmed?. I'm sure there are more parallels but that's all I could think of on the top of my head after reading the lore.

Don't get me wrong, dark souls is neat and all, but this is a bit much. This should be changed in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Gladuos said:

I think this is underselling it a bit. The whole thing feels like a carbon copy of dark souls lore. First, gods  giants are born in flaming archtrees elder trees, and sooner or later find themselves in a war against dragons. The king finds the answer to finishing the war by using lightning bolts fire, and brings about a new age of peace. But oh no, the world is still dark, so they create the kiln of the first flame the altars of light so that it's bright again. Of course, if the altars are ever to go out, the only way to relight it would be with dragons or sacrificing themselves to it chosen undead and Gwyn confirmed?. I'm sure there are more parallels but that's all I could think of on the top of my head after reading the lore.

Don't get me wrong, dark souls is neat and all, but this is a bit much. This should be changed in my opinion.

Of course, I did not write this without realizing these kinds of allusions, though I didn't proceed with the lore with the intention to fabricate a piece of Dark Souls canon; I actually wrote this some few years ago and decided to transfer it from paper onto the forums. There lies features in this lore to distinguish it enough from Gwyn's war with the everlasting dragons, as I hope. 

latest?cb=20130317074630

Yes

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

You may pm a member of the LM team for any questions you may have with the decision or for any reasons for the result.

Swgr is a Lore Master. Anyone else can send a pm though.