[Hang Glider Lore] The Flying Machine

Booklight12

I'd honestly like for there to be some form of race that can use elytra wings for flying,  like a sprite,  but at the cost of a number of other things like a multitude of pvp debuffs.  Although,  I don't think the tech team would be able to balance it seeing as they didn't do so well with 1.9.  

I hope that everyone is aware that the elytra does not let you fly, it allows you to glide from somewhere up high, you can't fly all around with it, you basically have to trekk up a mountain and then hop off to use it.

one word

no

These would allow raids over walls to be SO MUCH MORE DAMN IRRITATING

This is literally worse than the grappling hooks and horses.

-0v3r 9000

On 5/27/2016 at 4:53 PM, professorus said:

I hope that everyone is aware that the elytra does not let you fly, it allows you to glide from somewhere up high, you can't fly all around with it, you basically have to trekk up a mountain and then hop off to use it.

You can go alot faster with it though every time you go down slightly you gain tons of ground on someone on foot.

On 5/26/2016 at 3:49 PM, Master Khen'aum said:

This is a fantasy server with very different factors affecting reality which means certain things can be achieved at a different rate than our own. Also, what fantasy universe doesn't have some sort of flying vehicle? I mean really people ITS FANTASY

ya we have ******* MAGIC. but ppl down wanna do hangliders cause its "too unrealistic."

Yeah we have magic, and it's fantasy where lots of things are unrealistic, but none of that allows people to simply climb a tree to glide into nations. You'd not even have to be on a tree close to the nation, simply go to a tall enough one from far enough and you're in, we don't need the hang-gliders and we've lived without them thus far.

Denying something just because it can be used for combat is just silly because, as we saw with beardmancy, anything can be used combatively. Imagine the kind of rp that could occur from this asides from the over prevalent combative view; scouts can make maps and find hidden things, people have elytra races with complex obstacle, perhaps have an interesting date.

The thing being is that the MC wings is you can enter any city with them, not just for a pvp clause but RP also. Exiling someone for them to just fly in?

What about if the city has tiers to enter (outer, inner, castle gates) and you bypass the first two?

It breaks role play and has no counterplay. It's why enderpearls were removed.

On 5/26/2016 at 1:38 AM, Eranikus said:

This. +1

Sorry to burst your thunder but this can also be ABUSED MAJORLY

I'm sorry to say this lore has been Denied.

You may send a PM to any LM to hear of the reasons.