Wraiths - The Art Of Immolation

Wretched

Benbo, I recall the previous wraiths suffered from some mental drawbacks (and harsher social ones, such as not ever wishing to be near loved ones again, or collecting relics of their past, etc). Will these be having similar drawbacks?

oh.

i see..

so is this like...

8d601c58b5.png

TIME TO TIE OURSELVES TO TREES DAMNIT

(get it, cos we are trying to make dragons be alive again, like greenpeace protects vulnerable animals, get it? i know im fuckin hilarious right now mate not gonna lie.)

This is not magic...

No, just NO. This lore is for a circle jerk, I can feel it, Wraiths have been hunted down to extinction and shouldn't make a comeback for a very long time. This Drakaar nonsense just butchers what Geoboy worked for. It's just not ideal.

I've clarified to which specific dark magics have the boost and which do not. I've also rephrased that bit to: '100% as fast', '50% of the time' was a bit confusing.

On 6/16/2016 at 11:20 PM, Mephistophelian said:

Benbo, I recall the previous wraiths suffered from some mental drawbacks (and harsher social ones, such as not ever wishing to be near loved ones again, or collecting relics of their past, etc). Will these be having similar drawbacks?

This is up to the roleplayer themselves really, but I imagine many will adopt this attitude. It worked very nicely for the wraiths in the past.

3 hours ago, drfate786 said:

No, just NO. This lore is for a circle jerk, I can feel it, Wraiths have been hunted down to extinction and shouldn't make a comeback for a very long time. This Drakaar nonsense just butchers what Geoboy worked for. It's just not ideal.

Thankfully we don't review lore on the 'feeling of a circlejerk'. All dark creatures are hunted nearly constantly, that's the idea really. The lore team removed them because they didn't work well, this lore is the hopes to remedy that by ordering wraiths, and giving them a purpose, so that their activity can be maintained and something unique and interesting could be made of it. And finally, Geo is fully in favour of this lore.

32 minutes ago, Benbo (Wretched) said:

I've clarified to which specific dark magics have the boost and which do not. I've also rephrased that bit to: '100% as fast', '50% of the time' was a bit confusing.

This is up to the roleplayer themselves really, but I imagine many will adopt this attitude. It worked very nicely for the wraiths in the past.

Thankfully we don't review lore on the 'feeling of a circlejerk'. All dark creatures are hunted nearly constantly, that's the idea really. The lore team removed them because they didn't work well, this lore is the hopes to remedy that by ordering wraiths, and giving them a purpose, so that their activity can be maintained and something unique and interesting could be made of it. And finally, Geo is fully in favour of this lore.

Benbo, all the current Harbs and some of the old Wraiths will be receiving catalysts correct?

39 minutes ago, KBR said:

Benbo, all the current Harbs and some of the old Wraiths will be receiving catalysts correct?

The current harbs won't need the catalyst, being wraiths already essentially. But, I will be handing out some to ex-wraiths, and give some to existing harbs so that they can reproduce more. This'll probably be done through a mini-event.

16 hours ago, Benbo (Wretched) said:

I just dislike the idea of them being slaves to dragons, mayhaps make it so necromancers have a way of achieving immortality without becoming these?

38 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

I just dislike the idea of them being slaves to dragons, mayhaps make it so necromancers have a way of achieving immortality without becoming these?

They can become Liches.

1 hour ago, Geo said:

They can become Liches.

Yes, but from what I heard liches do not retain the ability to use necromancy If I am correct.

Just now, drfate786 said:

Yes, but from what I heard liches do not retain the ability to use necromancy If I am correct.

They retain the ability; they just can't learn Necromancy if they didn't already know it.

3 hours ago, Toodles78 said:

They retain the ability; they just can't learn Necromancy if they didn't already know it.

Oh, that's useful to know then!

I thought liches couldn't practice necromancy besides using the spell necro-drain due to the others using life-force intensive things...

--

Adding back to the lore, Bennoboo- nice touches on the additions I can back it now.

Now reply to the forum PM.

21 hours ago, Benbo (Wretched) said:

The current harbs won't need the catalyst, being wraiths already essentially. But, I will be handing out some to ex-wraiths, and give some to existing harbs so that they can reproduce more. This'll probably be done through a mini-event.

It was changed when Liches were revised a little while ago.

Edit: Also Benbo wouldn't it be possible for a Necromancer to just pour lifeforce into it gradually until it reached the amount of 15 people?