Wraiths - The Art Of Immolation

Wretched

Looks good, I'm glad and impressed you managed to find a very neat 'merge' of Harbingers and the Ash Wraiths of Necromancy.

20 minutes ago, KBR said:

Benbo, I like it. But to become a wraith currently would you need one of the 'Harbingers' to touch the alter for you if this is implemented?

Yes but, I may change that. It seems there aren't quite as many harbs left as I thought there was atm. I may give a few of the Immolated Catalysts to some of the ex-necrotic wraiths quickly after the lore is implement it so that they can start it up through the dark arts again.

And for those asking, no Azdromoth will not have the ability to create wraiths. He's an actively played event character that is essentially unscripted and unmoderated, the best way to do this is by doing it through a staff moderated channel and containing it to just Mordring.

it's both the return of wraiths and the transfering of harbingers into wraith lore. both creatures stem from dragonkin, the harbs were made by Setherien and the old wraiths came from the Black Nexus, which is a dragaar's lexicon. so, it actually makes a lot of sense.

200_s.gif

I love the look of it. They look like a fun group. Nicely written.

14 minutes ago, Benbo (Wretched) said:

Yes but, I may change that. It seems there aren't quite as many harbs left as I thought there was atm. I may give a few of the Immolated Catalysts to some of the ex-necrotic wraiths quickly after the lore is implement it so that they can start it up through the dark arts again.

And for those asking, no Azdromoth will not have the ability to create wraiths. He's an actively played event character that is essentially unscripted and unmoderated, the best way to do this is by doing it through a staff moderated channel and containing it to just Mordring.

Noooooo. Can Azdromoth do anything except being cool and turning people( @Fury_Fire) into black mush? This feature is presented by cultists near you.

19 minutes ago, Benbo (Wretched) said:

Will all the current Elder Wraiths receive a catalyst as well?

Surprisingly not bad (sorry Swgr and Ben and co). If this group can stand against our previously discussed standards, this may be a tolerable replacement.

So... So many questions.

When you say they learn any dark magic 50% faster, do you really mean any? Or are there dark magics they can't learn, such as Shade, Fi', Frost Witchery, or others?

Can they use/learn Arcane magic?

Exactly how high in tier does the Dark Arts user have to be?

Are they weak to Fi', or alterationists? Or merely holy magic users, magic-wise?

Can they pass gold barriers when Husking?

Can they only husk corpses? What about suits of armor, as Wights can?

Is the Draconic Vessel an MC item? How quickly can it be summoned/put away?

You say they're significantly weak to sources of bright light-- what effect would being out in the Sun have on them?

What sort of physical strength do Wraiths have? Would they be able to wield normal weapons, even if they knew dark magic?

And now for my opinions.

Bluntly, I'm not sure how much I like this lore. It encourages, well, quite a bit of killing. Three kills to become a Wraith, fifteen to make a Dragon, and then having another Dragon on the loose? Not to mention the whole concept of more minor evil beings-- Gravens and such-- suddenly getting far more powerful and being bound to kill for their Drakaar master.

Also, the whole business with Ghouls and Gravens, when their soul has already passed on, now being able to use magic.

The Draconic Vessel-- it seems like it would summon a drake rather than a dragon, honestly. Considering it's a Drakaar that's facilitating the process.

Not going to -1 or +1 it. At least, not yet.

1 hour ago, Toodles78 said:

So... So many questions.

When you say they learn any dark magic 50% faster, do you really mean any? Or are there dark magics they can't learn, such as Shade, Fi', Frost Witchery, or others?

Can they use/learn Arcane magic?

Exactly how high in tier does the Dark Arts user have to be?

Are they weak to Fi', or alterationists? Or merely holy magic users, magic-wise?

Can they pass gold barriers when Husking?

Can they only husks corpses? What about suits of armor, as Wights can?

Is the Draconic Vessel an MC item? How quickly can it be summoned/put away?

You say they're significantly weak to sources of bright light-- what effect would being out in the Sun have on them?

What sort of physical strength do Wraiths have? Would they be able to wield normal weapons, even if they knew dark magic?

And now for my opinions.

Bluntly, I'm not sure how much I like this lore. It encourages, well, quite a bit of killing. Three kills to become a Wraith, fifteen to make a Dragon, and then having another Dragon on the loose? Not to mention the whole concept of more minor evil beings-- Gravens and such-- suddenly getting far more powerful and being bound to kill for their Drakaar master.

Also, the whole business with Ghouls and Gravens, when their soul has already passed on, now being able to use magic.

The Draconic Vessel-- it seems like it would summon a drake rather than a dragon, honestly. Considering it's a Drakaar that's facilitating the process.

Not going to -1 or +1 it. At least, not yet.

I think I can answer a few of these.

3. Yes, they could before and should be able to now especially since Liches can become them. (Correct me if I am wrong on any of these)

4: Tier 5 most likely

5: They were weak to Fi' before probably will be now.

6: If they don't touch the gold

7: They can wear armor (Or they could before) though it makes them loose all magic (Or it did before), and probably will make them slower. EDIT: The Elder Wraiths are lightly plated in armor, so probably only light armor

9: They can wield normal weapons of course, as they are not that weak, unsure about mages.

2 minutes ago, Toodles78 said:

From my understanding of this lore, there shouldn't be anything limiting Shades in terms of 'learning'. The speed might not be 50% faster, though, as Shades kind of...grow. I think a similar thing applies to FW.

Also, Benobo; do you not mean 100% faster? That means 2x as fast. 50% faster is 1.5x as fast...which is annoying to calculate. Blame my want for round numbers if you actually meant 50%.

12 minutes ago, Mephistophelian said:

From my understanding of this lore, there shouldn't be anything limiting Shades in terms of 'learning'. The speed might not be 50% faster, though, as Shades kind of...grow. I think a similar thing applies to FW.

Also, Benobo; do you not mean 100% faster? That means 2x as fast. 50% faster is 1.5x as fast...which is annoying to calculate. Blame my want for round numbers if you actually meant 50%.

I believe he does mean 2x faster.

They learn 50% faster, but is there a legit standard time bases on learning to... Well do actual number checks?

7 hours ago, Jentos said:

Only Mordring is capable of creating Wraiths? Or could another Arch-Drakaar create them?

There's one of the title Arch-Drakaar

5 hours ago, Benbo (Wretched) said:

>memes

8 hours ago, Benbo (Wretched) said:

Though Mordring won't be played right?

wouldn't be bad if there were fleshwraiths too....