[✗] Blight Healing Lore Revision

Wolf Druid Ouity

On 6/27/2016 at 10:19 PM, Mephistophelian said:

If I might offer an alternative that is just as fresh and new, but doesn't involve the infringing of other magics:

Perhaps involve animals in your blight healing? A Druid or group of Druids could summon a collection of animals to essentially scour the land of blight, spreading it so thin that it naturally dissipates. For example: some warthogs arrive at the location of a tainted patch of land and begin digging away. Eventually, they have cleared the infected topsoil, which worms and other creatures would aid in spreading further. The more these animals 'process' through the taint, the more they can deal with it, perhaps by having the Druids channel their blight healing capabilities through the animals themselves!

Whilst my suggestion may not be top notch, I hope you get the point; it isn't too difficult to come up with different techniques or 'methods' to reach a similar end point.

Hi, sorry. Actually forgot to respond to your feedback. I thought I already had, actually.

1: When I said blight healing, that's mb. I meant blighting. Every server antagonist, a dozen dark magic types, and now even shamans can ruin whatever land they so please. Point being that "keeping magic unique" shouldn't start with the Druids. 

Having animals interact with sick, magically infested land seems like a fundamentally bad idea.

The "technique" of weather control for Druids would be far different from Shamans because the process is meant to involve many Druids working together in a ritualistic setting, rather than a single Shaman standing there and focusing very hard for a few moments. I've seen Shaman combat with the lightning blasting and stuff, the emotes leading up, and I really don't see much similarity. Frankly, I've only ever seen Shamans call lightning without rain.

This reply is a bit muddled since I have to run off to work soon, but I hope I've made my case clearly enough.

To be honest, I've only seen blight healing be performed in one way and it had very slightly to do with weather, and the only way it was like it was simply because it can happen naturally as a weather phenomenon. Which is an [insert aura colour here] mist begins to pour out of the druid's fingers, in which it begins to spread over the tainted land and then slowly seep into the infected area. From there, the mist healed it from the bottom up and tada, I've never been confused as to what happens or how, because this has always been the way I've seen it done. I don't see a reason to revise blight healing to add this, seems awkward and somewhat forced, however I do understand that other druid's in the past have had wind sweep the taint away and such.

Under Review

This lore has been Denied.

Druid magic doesn't affect natural elements, and just life itself. As such, even though blight healing might be the furthest thing from affecting life directly, it still has everything to do with it. The healing may spread through the ground or in the immediate area surrounding the druid/druids. The Druids do not have the power to control winds, conjure rains, or create hurricanes, it is outside what their powers interact with. Control of natural elements falls into the realm of shamanism, and is in the control of the spirits, not the Aspects.