The Aegean Academy

Tegrof

Yeah, maybe at the start of the school year students have to buy a textbook for every subject they do.

Yes, that is quite the good idea. Would also give teachers a good reason to make good literature, if they can get paid for that work.

Yes, that is quite the good idea. Would also give teachers a good reason to make good literature, if they can get paid for that work.

It's like real life. Every September, shops that sell school books earn fortunes. We can do the same except the shop could be run by the school. I think the shop should be in a small room near the front door.

Whenever magic comes out there should be a course on how to use it with lethality, conservation, effectively, and for the greater good. Just saying.

Sting, with the breaking of books I have been unable to make all those books for you. I simply lack the time. Still I have about 20 or so stacks of sugar cane with more and more each day that you are welcome to. We should set up a meet.

Okay, we need to finish off the other first floor classroom, then we will put the library/bookstore on top of that. Sting, is the Cafe/Commons area in the main hall fine? Also, I enlarged one of the offices to make it the headmaster's office. What is the floor on top of the offices going to be? I am still working on a location for the Botany house, and I think we will need to plan for a possible second building/ dorm hall. Also, Sting, who do you get to lock chests? I have plans to turn the area beneath the school into half engineering room half storage. We should probably start classes soon, because the school is almost finished.

Excuse me, but I am in a bit of a predicament. I have made my way to Aeriel (out of sheer luck), but I was foolish and neglected to prepare for the journey. I am now wounded, famished, and without any means of acquiring food or medical attention. I fear that too much activity will only speed my demise, so I have entered into a state of hibernation ((I'm staying logged off until I can get food so I don't starve)). If anyone would care to bring me some aid, I implore you to tell me when you will next be at the Academy, so I will know when to wake up. Thank you very much, and I will do my best to repay any kindness you show me.

I can come in a minute, but server is downish.

Whenever magic comes out there should be a course on how to use it with lethality, conservation, effectively, and for the greater good. Just saying.

Yes, I think there should be a basic course in this, but we will not go very deep in how magic works.

Sting, with the breaking of books I have been unable to make all those books for you. I simply lack the time. Still I have about 20 or so stacks of sugar cane with more and more each day that you are welcome to. We should set up a meet.

What do you mean with "breaking of books"? And sure, we can meet up. Do you know where the academy is though?

Okay, we need to finish off the other first floor classroom, then we will put the library/bookstore on top of that. Sting, is the Cafe/Commons area in the main hall fine? Also, I enlarged one of the offices to make it the headmaster's office. What is the floor on top of the offices going to be? I am still working on a location for the Botany house, and I think we will need to plan for a possible second building/ dorm hall. Also, Sting, who do you get to lock chests? I have plans to turn the area beneath the school into half engineering room half storage. We should probably start classes soon, because the school is almost finished.

I like the main hall yes. Very good. Floor on top of offices is smaller class rooms. I can lock chests. Basement can be enlarged very much, for classes such as engineering.

How would some of those advanced courses work? Like, would the blacksmithing course help you practice and level up your blacksmithing skill?

Well, it will not mainly be about leveling your skills. This academy is more about learning how stuff works. But yes, we will try to save damaged weapons and whatnot so people can level things up.

I just want to ask a premature thing....

When do students graduate?

I'd say whenever they finish whatever courses they choose to take. Perhaps they receive their diploma when they complete whatever courses we make required, and it gets upgraded based on how many other courses they complete. So if you you get your diploma, and take five other courses, your diploma becomes a degree. If you take five courses in a certain area, you get a degree in that area. And higher degrees are earned through higher numbers of courses. Once employers and governments get used to the idea of an Academy, and they understand what diplomas and degrees mean, they'll give more value to them in the "real" world.

@Von:

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. If someone wants to set up a time later on, so I have time to see the post and respond, that would be better. Or someone could set out a chest with some food in it for the next time I log in. Or maybe I can just starve and go back to the temple, since I need to be somewhere else anyway, and dying will save me the trip.

Locke, you can find food in the basement chests.

I would like to help out making books if you like. I have applied for the role of Scribe/Assistant for the Aegean Academy and would like to start sooner, rather than just when it is all set up.

However, I don't know where the Academy is.

I would like to help out making books if you like. I have applied for the role of Scribe/Assistant for the Aegean Academy and would like to start sooner, rather than just when it is all set up.

However, I don't know where the Academy is.

The Academy is located in the city of Aeriel. See the first post in a minute for a map