[✓] Dark Shamanism Addition - Removing Ish'Urkal Powers

Mephistophelian

Hey all, here's a quick addition lore for an oversight on my part, pointed out by KBR. Thanks to him for noticing it!

Word Glossary:

Ish'Urkal/Dark shaman - Those who consume spirits to gain their powers

Ixli - Spirit of Forbidden Knowledge, fond of making people go mad when he agrees to give them forbidden knowledge

Spiritual Power - The abilities of the (in this case, consumed) spirits

The Consumption and Disposal of Ish'Urkal Powers

d3e62c11594c4c73292c7b476329b2a7.jpg

Picture unrelated but looks pretty cool, eh?

The Ish'Urkal are a troublesome, unnatural group, consisting of creatures that break the very laws of all that is good in the goal of self interest. From consuming a spirit's very essence and claiming it as their own, making pacts with twisted ancestor spirits and providing them physical bodies with which to wreck havoc, to making fleshsmithed abominations out of innocent descendants they know no moral bounds other than those created by themselves.

It is with this mindset that trouble arose.

To covet power, one must be wise and rational, or at the very least harsh and restricting. Yet some Ish'Urkal found themselves unshackled by their newfound powers, and believed they were able to do as they pleased. Other Dark Shamans took note of this, and approached Ixli, begging for a way to fix the issue that the errant Dark Shaman was becoming. It is from this endless begging and bargaining that a new technique was gifted, stabbed into the mind of the most experienced Ish'Urkal for it to use as it saw fit... As the Dark Shaman stumbled away from the interaction, it could only wonder why. It wondered why it could even wonder why, for the way Ixli works is well documented amongst shamans and orcs alike. It wondered why it was no madder than it had been.

Little did it know, Ixli had already taken its prize. Time mattered little to the Spirit of Forbidden Knowledge, and it was content with waiting.

And so Ixli would wait...

The Process:

To remove a Dark Shaman's powers, one must be a Dark Shaman themselves, and they must have already consumed four or more spirits. They must also have sufficient knowledge of the Dart Art to be capable of teaching it (TA required). They must then find the individual they wish to affect, travelling via the spirit realm in search of a creature with one foot between planes. It is there that they, by a means only known to those who have made the bargain with Ixli, consume all the spiritual power of the targeted Dark Shaman. This cannot consume the actual, original spirit of the Dark Shaman, yet it shall strip them of their abilities and forever prevent them from consuming and more spirits, as their own spirit is permanently scarred by the process. This consumed spiritual power is then processed by the Ish'Urkal and disposed of, unable to be assimilated by the consuming Ish'Urkal due to its already warped form. It will later go on to become a spirit, be it in a few years or centuries later. The Dark Shaman that has consumed the spiritual power must sacrifice a large part of their sanity to truly perform the act, and their mind is broken even further than before.

As for the Dark Shaman that has been stripped of their powers; immense pain would tear through their very being as they lose the spiritual power their very being had become accustomed to. Depending on the physical degradation they had suffered during their time as a Dark Shaman (from weakened bones to loss of external body parts), they shall be weakened even after their spirit is allowed back into the mortal plane. If they had lost limbs or body parts, these remain forever lost, yet they no longer have spiritual limbs to provide them with support. Any bone or muscle degradation will never be fully recovered from, and whilst their vision returns they are never able to see clearly once again.

Notes:

- When the Dark Shaman is stripped of their powers, they still retain the same, degraded body. It does not heal fully, and they never regain their lost limbs.

- The Dark shaman will be able to become a dark shaman again, yet they must be regranted the ability by the one who had consumed their spiritual power.

- The Dark Shaman that removes the spiritual power is made more and more insane per use of the ability. It may be used three times before they are made completely feral on the forth use. Then, their character is no longer able to use any magics and is effectively PKed. If they are removing a student that isn't one they taught, the dark shaman has another two removals added before they go insane at six removals.

- The process may be performed on inactive, unpresent dark shamans, too.

- The skill must be learned by an RP session with Ixli, performed by an LM or approved by th LT and performed by an ET member.

Red Lines:

- LT approval is needed for both the application and learning of this tool.

- To be done on inactive dark shamans, the target must have been inactive for more than a month. These inactive players are more than likely able to regain their dark shamanism if they return, prove they shall be active and contact the LT requesting that they regain the magic.

- One must be an accepted teacher of dark shamanism to use this skill, and it must be taught.

- It may only be used a maximum of six times, with the expected number being four.

Yes please

Can original shamans still remove dark shamanism so it doesn't spreads like a cancer and its kept like a dandy-wandy-love-wackywacky treasure that no one that wants it to be gone can remove? Because if you keep dark shamanism only within a special circlejerk, this piece of lore probably will never get used. (And yeah, it happened with the last dark shamanism.)

On a side note as my opinion of dark shamans, I think it'd be cool and original, different from all other shamans that they didn't get involved with the dark factions (because regardless of insanity, this doesn't makes them thrive to join the darkies in a roleplay fashion), but instead, become some sort of god for himself, open a religion and demand followers, eventually starting to call himself by the names of the spirits he hath consumed.

8 minutes ago, Man of respect said:

Can original shamans still remove dark shamanism so it doesn't spreads like a cancer and its kept like a dandy-wandy-love-wackywacky treasure that no one that wants it to be gone can remove? Because if you keep dark shamanism only within a special circlejerk, this piece of lore probably will never get used. (And yeah, it happened with the last dark shamanism.)

On a side note as my opinion of dark shamans, I think it'd be cool and original, different from all other shamans that they didn't get involved with the dark factions (because regardless of insanity, this doesn't makes them thrive to join the darkies in a roleplay fashion), but instead, become some sort of god for himself, open a religion and demand followers, eventually starting to call himself by the names of the spirits he hath consumed.

Sandk1ng has summed up my plans in one paragraph, and I requested this lore to be wrote to fix what you said 

This would be good, for reasons that have been stated already.

7 hours ago, Man of respect said:

What do you mean by 'original shamans'?

42 minutes ago, Mephistophelian said:

What do you mean by 'original shamans'?

I believe he is referring to just normal shamans. There was a ritual that could be done by shamans which effected the previous iteration of dark shamans if I recall correctly.

4 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

I believe he is referring to just normal shamans. There was a ritual that could be done by shamans which effected the previous iteration of dark shamans if I recall correctly.

Then no, they cannot remove the powers. Also, that shaman ritual needs some lore if it is going to be used again. Currently, I can't see any for it.

Can I get some clarification as to if it can eat any Dark Shaman regardless of tier? Can it only target Shamans lower on the totem pole of magic or can any get attacked and gobbled up?

Past that +1. Some kind of self moderation will inevitably be needed and this one bites back hard. 

1 hour ago, Ambduscias said:

Can I get some clarification as to if it can eat any Dark Shaman regardless of tier? Can it only target Shamans lower on the totem pole of magic or can any get attacked and gobbled up?

Past that +1. Some kind of self moderation will inevitably be needed and this one bites back hard. 

Any dark shaman of any tier. Obviously, the higher tiered ones can fight back harder.

Also, why do people say +1 and then don't plus one... my staff position already wrecks my post to rep ratio, don't wreck my hopes and dreams too, yo :'(

23 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

Notes:

- When the Dark Shaman is stripped of their powers, they still retain the same, degraded body. It does not heal fully, and they never regain their lost limbs.

- The Dark shaman will never be able to become a dark shaman again.

- The Dark Shaman that removes the spiritual power is made more and more insane per use of the ability. It may be used three times before they are made completely feral on the forth use. Then, their character is no longer able to use any magics and is effectively PKed. If they are removing a student that isn't one they taught, the dark shaman has another two removals added before they go insane at six removals.

- The process may be performed on inactive, unpresent dark shamans, too.

- The skill must be learned by an RP session with Ixli, performed by an LM or approved by th LT and performed by an ET member.

Red Lines:

- LT approval is needed for both the application and learning of this tool.

- To be done on inactive dark shamans, the target must have been inactive for more than a month.

- One must be an accepted teacher of dark shamanism to use this skill, and it must be taught.

- It may only be used a maximum of six times, with the expected number being four.

You can't propose lore that is used to effect people who have absences. That in itself is absurd especially when paired with "they can never learn dark shamanism again." You as a player or LM don't have the right to commandeer someone's roleplay to that degree. People are going to take breaks and people are going to end up leaving the server completely if people are powergaming their characters while they are gone.

So I repeat; this lore cannot be accepted as it does not adhere to community standards. Lore to powergame cannot be a thing. Sorry to sound so harsh but this isn't cool in my opinion. Makes sense if you can RP with the person, perhaps even as a way to bar people from teaching if they are negligent/purposefully avoiding this type of RP but it's their character dude.

12 minutes ago, - ~ K ~ - said:

You can't propose lore that is used to effect people who have absences. That in itself is absurd especially when paired with "they can never learn dark shamanism again." You as a player or LM don't have the right to commandeer someone's roleplay to that degree. People are going to take breaks and people are going to end up leaving the server completely if people are powergaming their characters while they are gone.

So I repeat; this lore cannot be accepted as it does not adhere to community standards. Lore to powergame cannot be a thing. Sorry to sound so harsh but this isn't cool in my opinion. Makes sense if you can RP with the person, perhaps even as a way to bar people from teaching if they are negligent/purposefully avoiding this type of RP but it's their character dude.

There are ways to disconnect people in most magics, some examples being necromancers, paladins, etc. If there is no way to moderate it than it will spiral out of control like it did last time and there will be 20 elves running around ruining the magic.

Just now, KBR said:

There are ways to disconnect people in most magics, some examples being necromancers, paladins, etc. If there is no way to moderate it than it will spiral out of control like it did last time and there will be 20 elves running around ruining the magic.

He's referring to how this allows for people to be disconnected when they're inactive and offline, which I didn't actually notice. I'm fine with disconnection, but if I have IRL issues and need to take off for a bit, I don't want to return to finding my character has suddenly been booted from x magic and am never able to practice it again.

19 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

He's referring to how this allows for people to be disconnected when they're inactive and offline, which I didn't actually notice. I'm fine with disconnection, but if I have IRL issues and need to take off for a bit, I don't want to return to finding my character has suddenly been booted from x magic and am never able to practice it again.

I believe that having irl issues is an exception, which most people understand, and is another reason some necromancers don't get auto clotted.