The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kowaman

Glowing 1000 Degree Knife Versus Craft Timers

82 posts in this topic

Tentative changes to the plugin are being discussed here:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/166040-planned-changes-for-energy-system/

gm_logo.png

Hey Lord of the Craft!

Today I am happy to announce that we have removed all craft timers. We will be trying out a new system: 

gBD4OhZ.png
Every persona has 1000 energy. While every craft is completed instantly, each action consumes energy -- with higher skilled personas using less energy on their respective crafts (half energy use at Aengullic). Once energy is used it will begin to recharge at 2 energy per minute. If your energy is fully deleted, after 8 hours and 20 minutes it will be fully regenerated. Humans will regenerate energy 15% faster. There are some other ways to regenerate energy which you may discover! Note: Each persona has its own energy value. When you are offline, it will regenerate, but only on your current persona! Repair timers have also been removed, now using energy instead!

How do you know your energy? Three ways!

Whenever you open a crafting menu this meter will appear at the top of the inventory. 

wgfyhbUjhPk2XUeYpIx-9kxSclPx7KEsn4ZwE5nS

Through the /me Nexus-Craft settings, you can toggle it to be a numeric display instead of graphic - or completely disabled.

lVSFuwaBAA8U-HoSIZ1IiWOjklNr011W8JY_cXPA

Further, when you are interacting with crafting stations - a boss bar will appear at the top of your screen indicating your energy level. This can also be toggled through the /me menu to appear always, never, or only when crafting, which is the default.

hVoo--8UbB1vjXD2svWnxIOc_s_MHsikXe67S-Sq

Finally, you can type /energy to give you a readout.

Sorry for the secrecy behind this update - but we wanted to assure nobody had an unfair advantage as these changes greatly affect the way our game is enjoyed.

We hope you like the changes! Let us know what you think.

With Love,
Kowaman | Game Development Team Director

logo_gd.png

first.

*insert dev shitpost here*

For real tho, good job <3 A wonderful change, makes **** a lot simpler and enjoyable.

Edited by Fury_Fire

DO CHEFS FINALLY HAVE A USE?

CAN WE MAKE ENERGY REPLENISHING THINGS?

CAN I ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY FROM THIS PROFESSION NOW?

3 minutes ago, Jaeden said:

DO CHEFS FINALLY HAVE A USE?

CAN WE MAKE ENERGY REPLENISHING THINGS?

CAN I ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY FROM THIS PROFESSION NOW?

OMG I think this is the chance for food making professions to become relevant!

Nice facebook type energy system

Known bugs:

When crafting an item, the energy meter which follows the inventory title will not update until you own a new folder, go to the previous folder, or reopen the inventory. However, the bar at the top of your screen still updates.

If we only spend part of our energy and then log off will it regenerate? 

30 minutes ago, Aelsioln said:

If we only spend part of our energy and then log off will it regenerate? 

yes read the post dummy

29 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

yes read the post dummy

It said "Once your energy is depleted" so I was making sure :c 

**** off with your Farmville bullshit.

This is possibly the worst change you could have implemented. When people are going back to school, you cannot force them to get online. "Crafting energy" adds absolutely nothing of value and forces people to idle on the server more, or pay you money. Is the server bleeding funds so bad that you lot really have to resort to freemium iphone game tactics, or is this another untransparent cash grab at our community's expense?

I never thought I'd have to say this, but pack your bags, take your plugins, and leave. This community has expressed loudly and clearly for the past year that they do not want you. You must have balls of wrought iron to think it's going to tolerate this move.

edit: the timer replenishes after an hour, so I guess you can't gouge people for recharges like in farmville. This is still a really bad change.

Edited by char-char~