The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Paleo

GM Team October/November Update

19 posts in this topic

GM Update Log - November

e_d8YaUom1uFCP1hjGBbsaHvNF4OgnJWBKlV93Ka

Director

After the departure of LadyRebecca, Harold took the reins of the team and restructured it entirely, removing the rank of manager and the different sub-teams, putting everybody in the same group, which improves companionship and productivity. Also, the team has experienced several internal changes during the last two months, starting November with a group almost entirely different from the one in October.

With the departure of Harold mid-November, Paleo became the new interim Director of the Game Team.

ins5CqpeEJ5mPbZeP-WY_WfYVruPZF2rxhGvJGI4

Current Team Roster

RvvFdtPTUFeaNB8WD8rlpa_m8Uaony0J4C39pEzH

We are glad to announce that the next members of the team passed their trials this month, each of them showing clear dedication and drive to contribute to the Game Team:

Suxals

bMvHcPE0rI02y1JN78v6FzoMxsFR3sQbvpVZ0R5H

Cloakedsphere

qOY2K3lyrIGF5j02yDz_UPkeFCoXDKs0_C0qANFZ

_Stigwig

AftVMOOM8b8OPwbsoOXGX8n5yJNIUYmBMKTmgl3u

Sadly, we say goodbye to Kowaman and Ang. We thank them for their contribution towards the team and the community.

Trainers

With the restructuration of the GM Team, Managers were removed and replaced with Trainers. The Trainers are experienced GMs who are willing to teach other members of the team and interview possible Trials, we currently have four GM Trainers:

Z3m0s

5qv92roYMSBBfLwuLURISocoattm0rSQPsedyunU

MrMineLoveDude

H_BA-JhW9A048JllvgWxO9janjziU5mfqisbc6C5

Nate1450

OZ3TKw2aSpVIWeOqz1gqATX6gPUlXli2NV4zRbik

Suxals:

jjqka0E864-eKhogBqHDgI0PS_92hO3biPraurYm

Projects

Activity Checks

During the past two months, we have been doing several activity checks. Although they haven't been posted, they aided in knowing the activity of each nation before the transition to the next map.

Atlas (6.0)

A small portion of the team has been working on the new map aid in getting it ready before the release date, so this clarifies the lack of GMs on the server.

Rules

The rules are being revamped with the efforts of both the Game Team and Administration.  We’re working towards getting more concrete set of rules and fill into gaps or loopholes that may be present.

Warclaim/Coups

As 6.0 nears closer, it is important that all of the GMs are absolutely focused on it. For this reason, we will not be allowing any more warclaims to be pursued, except for ones that have already been started.

Recruitment

Due to 6.0, the rise of activity in the community will increase greatly and for such we will be looking for more trials in the coming weeks, so we encourage those of you who believe they’re a suitable candidate to submit an application, but don't feel discouraged if you don't get accepted, you could always apply again in the future. (The current applications will be reviewed, dont worry.)

3 of those “Trainers” are absolute dogshit, not only from my perspective but from many others too. Even if they are “experienced” they’re usually either a,) biased b.) braindead c.) don’t do their job

pro-tip: any gm is better than @Niccum

20 minutes ago, Ford said:

pro-tip: the event team is better than the gm team

fixed that for ya

47 minutes ago, Niccum said:

fixed that for ya

fix'd

Strongly opposed to someone who's never been a GM, to my knowledge, acting as Director.

Removal of sub-teams is a piss poor idea. Are you now expecting every GM to know coup rules back to front? Heists? Charters? Sub-teams were effective at what they did, any failures stemmed from leadership.

GM team seems to have taken a big step backwards, thoroughly unimpressed.

Edited by Xarkly

4 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Strongly opposed to someone who's never been a GM, to my knowledge, acting as Director.

Removal of sub-teams is a piss poor idea. Are you now expecting every GM to know coup rules back to front? Heists? Charters? Sub-teams were effective at what they did, any failures stemmed from leadership.

Sub teams were removed 2 months ago and yes, every GM is expected to be prepared to handle every situation, and if they have doubts they can ask in our chats, the time of response is almost always immediate and the system is efficient.

Just now, Suxals said:

Sub teams were removed 2 months ago and yes, every GM is expected to be prepared to handle every situation, and if they have doubts they can ask in our chats, the time of response is almost always immediate and the system is efficient.

It's unrealistic to have every GM know every single rule for every single circumstance. It makes much more sense to have a handful of GMs be able to manage warclaims and coups while others can handle heists and charters. Its not efficient if GMs have to rely on asking in Discord chats for every second issue. Before the sub-teams had a purposed structure that satisfied its intention; removing them is pointless and gives no indication of how it improves 'productivity'.

37 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

any failures stemmed from leadership.

):

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

):

yeah you sucked get btfo by xarkly

9 hours ago, Xarkly said:

Are you now expecting every GM to know coup rules back to front? Heists? Charters? Sub-teams were effective at what they did, any failures stemmed from leadership.

'Grr now the GMs are gonna have to actually learn all the rules'

? ? ?

11 hours ago, Suxals said:

11 hours ago, Xarkly said:

I'm sorry but I'll have to agree with Xarkly in his second paragraph. I'll be honest, but I don't trust half of the staff team with my possible heists, specially when the GM is apart of the playerbase in question or friends with the person being heisted in a page where all the staff can see...

I used to like Wrynn for my heists because I think he was an unbiased GM. He never leaked to anyone. But then there's the "If i'm biased show proof or you're wrong", then I go meh...

Although, I do hope that this will allow for more flexibility and versatility of the staff team as a whole, such as we, orcs, were neglected management in our own region to remove little unwanted subregions and have the current Rex as primary region owner

Or when orcs were denied to place defenses in a skirmish a few weeks after the also defending side side was allowed to place holes in the ground. This definitely needs a specific and definite rule that can't be bent by any means; after the warclaim is posted, you can't alter the terrain in any way.

We need someone to do heists or other things that involves trust issues. Dot.

Damn my boy conor going deep