How to create your very own halfling burrow, but in roleplay!

NotEvilAtAll

Roleplaying burrow construction

So, you’ve decided to build a halfling burrow, but you, unlike most other halflings, want to go the extra mile and prove that you’ve worked hard to make this burrow of yours. In this case, we’ll be making a burrow while emoting every step of its construction (And by we, I mean you).

First thing first, you’ll need trees. Lot’s of trees, preferably.

umeRpVy.jpg

A tree like this one will do just fine, Let’s get chopping!

WHl8fSo.jpg

Spoiler

Some emotes you can use when chopping down a tree

Emote 1: *swings his axe at the tree, hoping chip away at it.

Emote 2: *rushes away from the tree as it falls down the the ground, yelling “TIMBERRR!”.

Now that you’ve cut down the tree, you’ll need to size it properly by using a saw

WTHSGLy.jpg

Spoiler

Some emotes you can use when sawing logs.

Emote 1: *grabs ahold of the two person saw, yanking it closer to himself.

Emote 2: *pushes the saw inwards, away from himself.

Attach the log to whatever animals, family members, or other sources of labor you may be using. In this case, we’re using pigs. Now you can haul these logs to wherever they will be stored.

q8FIAmg.jpg

Spoiler

Some emotes you can use when hauling logs

Emote 1: *pulls hard on the rope attached to the log, dragging it a few inches across the ground.

Emote 2: *yells “HEAVE!”, the cue for everyone else to begin pulling, and begins to pull the log along with the others.

Now that you have the logs needed to make your burrow, start digging out the floor for your burrow, and don’t forget to pile the dirt you’re digging up close to the spot of your burrow. You’ll need that dirt later.

MKscZRA.jpg

VYdHT4p.jpg

Spoiler

Some emotes you can use when digging

Emote 1: *jams the shovel into the hard earth, pushing it further down into the soil with one foot.

Emote 2: *levers some soil from the earth, lifting it up and away.

Start dragging your logs into position so that they stand upright in the ground.

6r052jc.jpg

waLdale.jpg

hDHtcYp.jpg

Spoiler

Some emotes you can use when standing logs upright

Emote 1: *hollers out “HEAVE!” as everyone starts to pull the log into its position, contributing the bare minimum amount of work needed to not get scolded by the others for being a slacker.

Emote 2: *grunts as he pulls the log into a more upright position, sweat already forming on his brow.

Take some small log sections and create a ring around your burrow site with them, digging out dirt to make room for them wherever it’s needed.

hPXLhOL.jpg

Spoiler

Some emotes you can use when making a ring of logs around the pit that soon will be your burrow.

Emote 1: *lifts up a smaller log segment, and tries to carry it over to where it needs to be,

Emote 2: *lowers down the log segment into its position, sighing out of relief now that the task is done

You now have the foundation for your burrow! But we still need to make walls and a roof!

(And a floor, unless you like dirt floors for some reason)

KF940CL.jpg

BMMu9qq.jpg

eyxm0Kc.jpg

6Mxpm0o.jpg

Spoiler

Some emotes you can use when building the walls and roof for your burrow

Emote 1: *hammers in a few nails with a hammer, yelping out as one of the nails is horribly bent!

Emote 2: *carefully puts a few boards into place so that they can be hammered in later to form a cozy ceiling.

Take the dirt that you dug up earlier, and start burying your construction underneath it. You’ll probably need more dirt that what you just dug up to create your burrow.

7ztZWbk.jpg

n29zGsy.jpg

Spoiler

Some emotes you can use when piling dirt on top of your burrow

Emote 1: *quickly tosses some dirt onto the burrow with a shovel, and sighs as he realizes this is going to take a long while.

Emote 2: *whistles a tune as he carts over a wheelbarrow filled with dirt to where it will be dumped onto his burrow.

You’ve done it! You’ve made a burrow! And it only took you two months to make it! However, you probably want to furnish and decorate your burrow, unless you like sleeping on the cold hard floor.

qGhKEj9.jpg

48S8cYG.jpg

Spoiler

The emotes that you would use to furnish a burrow are wide and varied. Here’s a few examples

Emote 1: *carefully places a small pot onto a countertop, brushing it off slightly with a finger.

Emote 2: *lays one brick on top of another as the slow process of making a fireplace begins.

Emote 3: **After having finished the furnishings on most of his burrow, a dark look would cross his face as he looks at the old spot of his beloved chair, given to him by his grandmother. He’d run around saying “WHERE’S MEH CHAIR! SOME’UN STOLE ME CHAIR!”

Great job! Keep up the good work.

Wow, Farmer Billy Bob must take a page from this guide and build himself one somewhere.

2b5f2bcac633a696d6dfa574aef39c45.gif

Nah I'm joking, good post!

With all the positive feedback this is getting, I think I’ll have to make a sequel!

:D

Edited by NotEvilAtAll

Pigs are not slave

I'm just joking! On all honesty I love how what you did with the emotes ? People like you is why I always ponder why I roleplay in the first place C,:

*ugly sobs*

Edited by choocodummy