[✗] Sprite Rewrite

Ducklingator

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SalDljjmSli9T7FKuezq1Wc49Uo6NSpw2CJfY8tFItc/edit?usp=sharing

I'm absolutely terrible with formatting and whatnot, but here's the lore. All of this was written a few months ago, but nobody bothered to put it out there; this isn't perfect, but after putting alot of effort into it, I decided that just letting this die wouldn't be the way to go. For anyone who doesn't want to read, or has trouble opening the document, I'll sum the changes up. 

Changes Made

Spoiler
  • All sprites can now speak common. Their ability to talk with animals or plants is not removed.
  • Sprites are now capable of minor feats of nature control. This includes moving small plants, mostly for building purposes, and changing the aesthetics of flowers/leaves (different colors, shapes, and glowing flowers.) Glowing flowers do not act as a light source. Sprites can not abuse these feats for combat.
  • Sprites now have a proper culture, instead of roaming around mindlessly.
  • Sprites now need to eat. Their diet is mainly composed of insects, water, and sugar.

Special Thanks To:

Evangelli @Evangelli

Gallic @TheCritsyBear

Sim @Simochii

Chris @christhemythical

(Anyone else who helped with the lore, please tell so I can add you to the list!)

anyways, I highly doubt this'll actually come through, but please leave constructive feedback and discuss things politely!

(Edit: made a forum post instead of the google doc. https://lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/174269-sprite-rewrite-again/ )

Yes please!!!

Where's the damn sprouts!

LT are gonna end up asking you to paste it on the forums because they can't control edits to lores on docs anyway.

Ehh, I'm really happy about Nature's Control however I do not agree with Sprite's being able to speak in common.

Sprites were created to have the minds of children and to be incredibly unfocused, so it's highly unlikely for them to learn common. 

If a Sprite took the time for a Descendant to actually teach them, then yes, maybe. But not for all Sprites to be able to know it.

It was fun playing a Sprite who was never able to communicate with Descendants -- Just tiny, cute non-understandable beings. Being closer to Druids because they're the only ones who understand them. 

Everything else is beautiful, by the way. 

It will need to be posted on the Forums. It cannot be just a doc link.

12 hours ago, LaffenOutLoud said:

Ehh, I'm really happy about Nature's Control however I do not agree with Sprite's being able to speak in common.

Sprites were created to have the minds of children and to be incredibly unfocused, so it's highly unlikely for them to learn common. 

If a Sprite took the time for a Descendant to actually teach them, then yes, maybe. But not for all Sprites to be able to know it.

It was fun playing a Sprite who was never able to communicate with Descendants -- Just tiny, cute non-understandable beings. Being closer to Druids because they're the only ones who understand them. 

Everything else is beautiful, by the way. 

After discussing this with anyone who plays/played/intends to play a sprite, I saw that most people agreed sprites need to know common. We're not a playerbase that can sustain itself, and besides, sprites are intelligent creatures which enjoy the company of most descendants. There's no reason for them not to know common.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 2 weeks, give or take.

Thread is being locked to prevent sneak edits to the lore while voting occurs. If you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This Lore has been denied. The changes made between this iteration and the last are minimal in terms of what we’ve said we are looking for. Most of what was added was culture rather than something that has them bring something to the table that other creatures do not.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.