Aesopian

The September Prince has Awoken

~| The Approach of Autumn |~

fw6uM5T.png

The seasons turn. The September Prince's chamber has been unearthed, at [900, 90, -1020]. You know this information ICly.

You can find the current stats of the September Prince in the spoiler below. 

Spoiler

Initial Statistics:

Wakefulness: 20.0%

Body Integrity: 90.0%

Pre-Event:

Wakefulness: 36.0%

Khurmt has been slain: +10.0% Wakefulness

The boon of the September Prince has been used within 500 meters of the chamber: +2.0% Wakefulness

Books have been stolen from the chamber during the initial unsealing: +4.0% Wakefulness

Opening of the Chamber - July 22nd, 2018

Wakefulness: 47.0%

An attempt was made on September's life this week: +8.0% Wakefulness

Dark magic has been used inside the chamber: +3.0% Wakefulness

Week 1 - July 29th, 2018

Wakefulness: 73.0%

Body Integrity: 86.0%

A group of spirits disturbed the balance: +2.2% Wakefulness
Powersharing was conducted with September this week: +2.0% Wakefulness
An unnatural blizzard encased Belvitz: +8.4% Wakefulness
March Ash was awoken: +10.0% Wakefulness

The druids conducted a grand ritual to suppress September: -30.6% Wakefulness
Dimensions were defied: -1.0% Wakefulness
Turning of the Seasons: +16.0% Wakefulness
Undead attacked a major settlement this week: +1.5% Wakefulness
A direwolf was calmed this week: -0.3% Wakefulness

A blood sacrifice was made to September this week: +1.0% Wakefulness
A black bear was calmed this week: -0.2% Wakefulness

Minor blight healing was conducted this week: -3.0% Wakefulness

Four Nightmare seeds have been destroyed this week: +16.0% Wakefulness, -4.0% Body Integrity

Two Nightmare seeds have been returned this week: -4.0% Wakefulness

Week 2 - August 4th, 2018

Wakefulness: AWOKEN

Body Integrity: 80.0%

Soul Integrity: 90.1%

Major Chamber Tainting: +16.0% Wakefulness, -4.0% Body Integrity
A chamber defiler was slain: -8.5% Wakefulness
Squid savior: -0.1%
Mental Mage Ritual: +12.5% Wakefulness

Attempt on September's Life: +8.0% Wakefulness, -2.0% Body Integrity
Minor Druidic Communion: -2.5% Wakefulness
Living sacrifice: -10.0% Wakefulness
Cleric Ritual:- -8.0% wakefulness
Sustained Unnatural Presence in Chamber: +4% Wakefulness
Undead Slain within Chamber: -6% Wakefulness

Blood-cursed Sword Sundered: +3.3% Wakefulness
Two Nightmare Seeds Returned: -2.0% Wakefulness
Three Instances of Minor Blight Healing: -9.0% Wakefulness
Soothing Lightstones: -2.8% Wakefulness
Dark Star Fallen: +2.5% Wakefulness
Orders Unfulfilled: -2.0% Wakefulness
Land Blighting: +2.0% Wakefulness
Far Glade disturbed: +5.0% Wakefulness
Nightmare Seed Returned: -2.0% Wakefulness
Chamber Defiled: +8%Wakefulness

The ancient chamber containing the September Prince has been opened. 

The stories say that the September Prince was a power, terrible and wicked, who crushed whole nations into tortured cobbles and mud-drowned citadels. He held all the strength of the Aspects, and the world was slave to his command. He was larger than the mountains, and capable of performing feats that would make the druids of today seem little more than gnats.

Yet, for some reason, we have found him sleeping. In a chamber below the Wonkawood, within an amber chrysalis, royalty rests.

Still, even as the descendants make an effort to pierce the amber shell in which he is encased, the prince remains asleep. After all, this is a magical sleep, not an afternoon nap! It will take much more than the efforts of a few men with swords, and a lack of sense, to wake the September Prince.

In addition to the effect of the Turning of the Seasons, which will automatically raise the September Prince's wakefulness by 16.0% each week now that his chamber is opened, you can, yourself, intervene in the waking of the prince. This can take a number of forms. Artifact items, powerful magic, and particular eventlines will all potentially reduce or increase the prince's wakefulness. Should you have access to unique tools, you might be able to harm or heal the prince's body, even while it is still within the amber chrysalis.

If you should have a question about whether you can use something, contact Aesopian (GE#1665) over discord, or through a private message on the forums. If you would like to know if an item can be used, please send a screenshot attached to your message. Feel free to organize a time to head over with a group to try something out!

The nightmare seeds, strange artifacts which have cropped up over Atlas since the descendants first arrived, seem to have a connection to the September Prince. When brought to his chamber, they become destructible (-1% Body Integrity, +4% Wakefulness), but also display a curious attraction toward the amber shell in which the prince is encased (-2% Wakefulness).

"So, this is what you warned them all about. And you knew they would do it anyway?"

In the Far Glade, a ghostly man speaks to another figure. While the ghost is calm, the other, who wears a mask made of ashwood, is wringing their hands.

"Of course I knew -- I'm not dense. It was as the old frog mani said, this was inevitable. The cat-god's prophecy said just as much. I only pray that they have taken my word to heart, and prepared."

The figure masked in ashwood finishes speaking. They stand up, woven-grass cloak billowing in the breeze. The crown of branches they wear around their head crinkles and shakes.

"Do you suppose they'll survive?"

The ghost speaks slowly, deliberately.

"I'd like to think so."

"Oh. What of the rat-kind? Or the old lords of the deeproads, and the iron? The violet trees? Or, the great wall in the south, and the last vestiges of humanity's old army? I knew you played it by ear, but I didn't think you'd go that far." 

"We'll see."

Spoiler

the-stone.jpg

Take care, for when the September Prince awakes, for better or worse, this world will be changed.

Previous Event.

An Old Man would hear word of this muttering something under his breath "So at least he spoke a little truth, maybe The Ashen One did want this to happen, or perhaps he wanted to warn us of September, whatever the case this being must be kept an eye on." he'd say moving to find something on this being, pondering along the way.

Karren traveled around the world, completely unaware of what was going to happen next...

OOC: I'm hoping this event gets good like the sutica murder mystery event! My lorehound senses have activated!

Edited by TheDragonsRoost

The looming threat of danger held tight against the Mali. A world bringer, destruction of doom, destroyer of worlds. She shook her head on news that the amber coffin had been broken, by some foolish, unknown party. 

"Even I know not to mess with things that say 'DO NOT TOUCH', would have been better if it was displayed in a giant flashing sign." She chuckled, "But I suppose, despite the gate being opened, things still might turn out for the better."

Whispers of the chamber would reach the ears of Rosyra Belladonna. Bah. What could she do to help. The young halfling wouldn't dare set out in search of answers. Right?

They say a dead man tells no tales, but these men were very much alive. Weaving stories in their drunken state, some of woe and others of horror. Aldonza had been hearing many stories lately as the women took up more shifts in the tavern and less on the battleground. In the past she might have been quick to seek out the source of such rumors, but in times like these... "Let them tell their stories." The Castelo might remark, laying a hand upon her extended stomach. "I have my own battles to fight."

It didn't take much to perk the curiosity of Nona. Flipping through her old journals with a frown, the woman marks her research of moon-gazing. "You. You started this, didn't you?" Stowing the old one, the scholar pulls out a fresh journal and begins to write. Such a topic of research would take thorough examination. It would take time that she didn't have. Nona couldn't forget her duties as Mayor and there were still answers regarding the Firelands that she seeked. But perhaps a little digging into the situation would do no harm. 

"Ya Allah.... This is not good....." he'd stand quietly in an Unknown area "I had a feeling that was his site...But I dared not to attempt to wake him...I pray the storeys were not true... I'd Just wish I can do something...Or at least play my part..." he'd turn and dash off to the Kadarsi Sultanate "We must prepare...For better or worse...Maybe He might grant us mercy....." he'd go to prepare for the worst case scenario

((HELL YEAH! I have been so hyped on this storyline for so long! Just wish I could have partaken in the other events beforehand! BUT IK I won't miss these ones for the anything!))

8 hours ago, TheDragonsRoost said:

Karren was unaware of what was happening so far. Looking through the various paths in Time through meditation seemed to be become another one of his various hobbies in all of Haelun'or besides having to try and learn how to fight. He was not aware of the potential of his discoveries as of yet as he did not believe that this was any kind of magic as of yet. All Karren knew of Time was that it was some kind of force that he could utilize to small degrees.

That was before he could feel something shifting within the Timeline. Something that was fixed.

Karren, being abnormally clever for a High Elf, had not understood what was happening, but from what he felt, he could only guess that something important was going to take place in the near future, but not what it was. He opened his eyes and clicked open his pocketwatch, which still produced a small ticking noise and looked at the time.

"I'll expect something interesting to happen that draws my attention. No amount of magic can tell me otherwise. I know not of when this may happen, but I think it best I wait and see what shall happen next." He muttered to himself, having only nature itself to bear witness. "But I am curious as to what may happen in the future that demands such attention. I'm no mage as of yet, but I already feel like I'm more attuned to the natural world than anyone else."

After some time, he put away his pocketwatch and with what he had felt on his mind, he had begun to long process of piecing such information together, though he would not know what it would be until it was too late.

OOC: I'm hoping this event gets good like the sutica murder mystery event! My lorehound senses have activated!

((This post confused me, you do realize you need to apply and train for a magic before you can interact with it right? Besides i don't remember time magic being a thing, the wording of the post make it seem like you are doing magic meditation?))

1 hour ago, Moonman said:

((This post confused me, you do realize you need to apply and train for a magic before you can interact with it right? Besides i don't remember time magic being a thing, the wording of the post make it seem like you are doing magic meditation?))

1) I do need to apply for magic, yes, but Karren is like me where I'm sensitive to fluctuations.
2) No, chronomancy (Time Magic) isn't a thing, but this is a meditation.
3) It is not magic at all. Merely the ability to piece things together and feel things others normally can't. Again, its not magic.

"Damn Mordrem..." says Guild Wars 2 Cat man

Kazrin would be in the library in the dominion searching for answers and clues about the September Prince, as he shuffles through bookshelves he takes out his pocket watch opening it with a click, he mutters under his breath as he looks at the timepeice "Oh Dear...Tis almost time, i pray t'at we are all prepared fer w'at comes next..."  he then closes the pocketwatch with a click as he continues shuffling through the books once more, hoping to find answers.

Ascanius would stumble out of his grotto after hearing the news hours later, his gaze would meet the stars." I wonder if he'll return for good when he hears this." the red eyed snow elf would sit on the shore and wait.

Autumn approaches.

Week 1 - July 29th, 2018

Wakefulness: 73.0%

Body Integrity: 86.0%

A group of spirits disturbed the balance: +2.2% Wakefulness
Powersharing was conducted with September this week: +2.0% Wakefulness
An unnatural blizzard encased Belvitz: +8.4% Wakefulness
March Ash was awoken: +10.0% Wakefulness

The druids conducted a grand ritual to suppress September: -30.6% Wakefulness
Dimensions were defied: -1.0% Wakefulness
Undead attacked a major settlement this week: +1.5% Wakefulness
A direwolf was calmed this week: -0.3% Wakefulness

A blood sacrifice was made to September this week: +1.0% Wakefulness
A black bear was calmed this week: -0.2% Wakefulness

Minor blight healing was conducted this week: -3.0% Wakefulness

Four Nightmare seeds have been destroyed this week: +16.0% Wakefulness, -4.0% Body Integrity

Two Nightmare seeds have been returned this week: -4.0% Wakefulness

The following was written on a note of parchment that was left on the sacrificial altar by someone who wrote in the elvish script. It said the following:

"To whomever reads this,

Dark times are brewing ahead. I have been coming into the amber cave to check up on the September Prince and I have noticed differences in the environment as well as structures made by people who believe they are doing right. I'm afraid that all that has done has been waking him up even further, accelerating such events in Time than predestined. Unlike the people who have come here before, I'm approaching the September Prince with little to no fear and simply just observing. I am no mage as of yet, but I know a few things about Time.
If we continue down such a path, History is doomed to repeat itself once more."

The note is left without a signature.