FlamboyantRage

Community Meeting

-snip- Community Meeting is now over, thanks for those that were able to attend! The recording of the meeting will be posted at the end of this thread, so if you are interested in hearing the meeting feel free to check that out.

Hello, will there be any space for major freebuilds or nations that do not get a plot of land? Thanks!

Will any ruins of significant value be present on the new map? If so, will there be any cultural relevance to them in terms of descendants.

I will state, now this isn’t an attack against you in any way – Though as per usual with positions on Lord of The Craft you have a hierarchy of managers / Directors and finally admins in any staff team, to Flamboyant now being promoted to an admin (congrats btw) I was curious if a lore-master director will be chosen as it has previously been done due to admin duties and lore duties taking too much time for someone to efficiently do both? 

Though to a more generic question in relation to the new map, what will be the limitations of freebuild come the new map? An example- would it be possible to build by the cross-roads?

1. Why did the LT fail to put out a monthly update log for last month?
  1. Why did Delmodan (LT Manager) tell Hedgehug that the team would not enforce max racial age caps lore? Age caps are a part of the server lore and it is the team’s job to enforce it.
  1. Do the Administration expect many playerbases to be greatly held back by not being able to get nation status?
  1. Where is the Olog guide?
  1. What steps have been taken to ensure that this years end of realm eventline succeeds given that these events have generally been consistent failures? 
  1. Does the administration think that raid timers and raid rules are generally in a good place right now?
  1. Do you guys expect roadside taverns/forts/shops to be prevalent in the next map?
  1. Given that soulstone pillars seem to be headed in the direction of just becoming mina sinks that will encourage grinding rather than rp, will VIPs get the ability to create the red soulstone pillars in the future? (this would be especially helpful for those groups who were not granted nation status and will be farther out into the map)

Hello! I have a few questions.

1. There has been a bug for a long while (half a year to a year or more) regarding shops and written books. what happens is every restart, the amount of written books in a player shop shows as 0, regardless if there are any books in stock. This has hindered me making a music and book shop for a while now. Is there any plans to get this fixed? i have posted a bug report about it a few times over the year. Link: 
  2. Will the Bard plugin ever be worked on? I suggested this a while back, it was accepted but never worked on. Link:  
  1. Forum link signs have been broken for a few months.  If anyone has time i hope it can be worked on. Link: 

Thats all I have. I’ll add more later if i think of any.

Also I appreciate all the work the devs do here. Im sure they have been busy, I just ask that if they have time and things are alright for it, that they take a look at these. thank you. sorry if i am any trouble.

Will any rp items be able to transfer over to the next map?

Can the Lore Team plainly lay out their governing philosophy regarding existing magic and creatures, and criteria for new magic and creatures?

As someone who last seriously played during Asulon and is now attempting to return to the server, I have found it hard to get my bearings. I feel as if there is little guidance for new/returning players, especially when discussing economy. While there were a few threads on the forums regarding basic chat commands and recommended mods, I have no idea how the server economy and politics work. Warclaims seem daunting, and how the economy works seems like a mystery. With a new map coming (hopefully) soon, is there a chance of getting updated new player guides that can explicitly tell new players where they can gather resources, the basics of shops/economy just to get them started or any other server basics not covered in the application? 

As it stands I feel that the teaching has to fall onto whatever group adopts a new player, instead of staff providing players with sufficient resources for success. 

Edited by Tuarz

Will the LT or MT ever be seeing a return of the signing of items? 

This is an idea I pitched long ago, but got forgotten. Instead of rushing into a map with tons of lore and possible events that get benched and forgotten about. For 7.0, why don’t the staff decide to take a popular approach and add in Free DLC. Now, before you say, “Free DLC? Are you ******* stupid”. Let’s hear this. In 7.0, there’s a main continent surrounded by large oceans, how hard is it for the world borders to be extended and a new island pasted in, with new lore and story-line that can be discovered by players. Atlas was a colossal failure on the sense of Map lore actually being used. Now to the actual question.

Is it possible that you will consider this idea?

And if so, how would you approach it?

Will I ever be given rights to add genuine history to the Southeron subrace?

Hello can I be unbanned from the discord please, Brazilianski#9205

And, question, will anything be done, besides nation status and plots, to prevent little nations from popping up every 5 seconds? Atlas’ main problem was the amount of people saying ‘hah, this is mine’ and knowing how the staff will take an approach into this would be good.

If this has been talked on a different meeting, I’m sorry, again, i’m banned from the discord.

When you tell you mother you’ll visit her tomorrow, do you drop by in 3 months?

can i get unbanned from the discord please (Inferno_Ougi#7456)