Sign in to follow this  
The Combatant

-= new renatus amasddor, promised salvation =-

word spreads of a new renatus amassdor being put in charge. word also spreads that he is a fair and just man who wants to prevent as much bloodshed as possible. he sends out letters to all orenian supporters and whatnot.

“hello, my name is john ted II of house vimmark, i am the new renatus ambassdor. this war is obviously one-sided with the renatians soon to go on an unstoppable warpath. i can offer a way out, all you need to do is either join renatus or step out of the war and be neutral. those who join renatus will be offered land, coin, women and more, whatever you want. if you want to negotiate just send me a bird” ((Ggt#9757))

ooc:

this letter would also be sent out to soldiers and peasants and lesser house leaders, not just big leaders. 

“I, Alexander II Merentel, advisor of His Imperial Majesty Godfrey III of House Horen, also offer myself to talk and to help the vassals and the people of the nations that are currently enemy of the Imperium Renatum so they can join our side with rewards If they do so.” (sergisala#5457)

“Sounds like a good deal to me” says Cassio

5 minutes ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

“Begging for people to change sides, I see” says Siegmund

“Not begging, only offering, which is different. And by the way, let me remark that it’s a temporal offer, If they don’t accept it now, they will have to die as traitors as the rest.” Lord Merentel would say Oh, and by the way, I’m sorry to inform that the man Siegmund Corbish is an exception and he can’t get any offer.”

6 minutes ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

“Did you side not beg Nordengrad to switch sides? Again, can you be any less self-aware?”

1 hour ago, sergisala said:

“Not begging, only offering, which is different. And by the way, let me remark that it’s a temporal offer, If they don’t accept it now, they will have to die as traitors as the rest.” Lord Merentel would say Oh, and by the way, I’m sorry to inform that the man Siegmund Corbish is an exception and he can’t get any offer.”

“Sounds like you’re just threatening people death if they don't join you lot. I don’t see how that’s any better.” Cyrene comments as she passes by.

14 minutes ago, w_ill said:

“Sounds like you’re just threatening people death if they don't join you lot. I don’t see how that’s any better.” Cyrene comments as she passes by.

"It's not a threat, It's an offer, but It's obvious that an offer can't last forever" he'd say

1 hour ago, The Combatant said:

word spreads of a new renatus amassdor being put in charge. word also spreads that he is a fair and just man who wants to prevent as much bloodshed as possible. he sends out letters to all orenian supporters and whatnot.

“hello, my name is john ted II of house vimmark, i am the new renatus ambassdor. this war is obviously one-sided with the renatians soon to go on an unstoppable warpath. i can offer a way out, all you need to do is either join renatus or step out of the war and be neutral. those who join renatus will be offered land, coin, women and more, whatever you want. if you want to negotiate just send me a bird” ((Ggt#9757))

ooc:

this letter would also be sent out to soldiers and peasants and lesser house leaders, not just big leaders. 

Daisy Applefoot the halfling wonders why the Renatians are continuing to focus on the war effort despite their capital city being in ruins after the massive battle that took place there. Shouldn’t they take a breather to rebuild? It’s not very fun eating cake in a damanged city, of course, and it must be especially uncomfortable to write long essays when one’s roof has been destroyed by trebuchet fire. She’d scratch her head, and continue thinking.

Her mind would wander onto the paper’s claim that Renatus would win without a doubt. What about the battle was one-sided? From the perspective of Daisy’s wee brain, such a conflict could not be won simply by having a handful of soldiers survive the fight to rule over the rubble that remained. Such a conflict has no winners, as all of descendant kind had lost the moment they marched to kill one another in such large numbers. One does not “win” a battle much the same way as one does not “win” a genocide. Too much life had been lost for anyone to claim victory.

She’d shrug, let out a deep sigh, mutter something about bigger folks only caring about war and bloodshed, and move on with her wee life.

ooc: In all honesty, this war is gonna continue on for a lot longer. Without the defensive advantage it’ll be hard for Renatus to win battles against Oren since Oren outnumbers them, and likewise it’s hard for Oren to push through Renatian territory since Renatus has a lot of good PvPers. The only way for one side to win is to behave so cancerously that the other side stops wanting to fight, which can easily be seen in the countless smugposts and propaganda pieces shoved all over the forums recently. We’ve entered a modern age of LoTC combat where psychological warfare matters almost as much as the warclaims themselves.

3 hours ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

Ah!!! It’s the ghost of haense! I remember when you were killed... multiple times... in haense in atlas!!!

"What a kind way to threaten people. " Will says smiling.

3 hours ago, sergisala said:

"It's not a threat, It's an offer, but It's obvious that an offer can't last forever" he'd say

“I wasn’t talking to you! I was speaking to the other man!” grumbles dirt elf