Moderation Update Log-June 2019

Moderation Update Log -June 2019

7VGe6IfmKdX9TryKWsDIm6NxEhit1A8RWS9UUrbm

<Introduction>

Good morning friends and welcome to summer! This is a time for fun, friends, and lots of roleplay! This month we have seen the passing of the torch with a new admin for the moderation team, as well as a number of hot topics and discussions being held.

So for those of you who don't know me, Hello, I am Kirsty, also known as Pun__. Currently, I'm twenty-eight years old and a mother of two girls. Taking up the mantel of Moderation Administrator has been a learning curve, but I look forward to the future. I do, however, want to offer an apology to all the community, especially Haense and Renatus, for the mess of the latest war, it was bad. There will not be a repeat of this, changes to the whole war process and protocol coming soon!

<New Changes>

It is with heavy hearts that we saw Fireheart hand in his official Moderation gun and badge and move on from leading the team. Though while we may miss him, we know that he is just a skip and a hop away over in the Development team assisting in getting the ball rolling with them. 

Conflict and wars were a hot topic for the month of June. We saw the conclusion of our first big war for this map, and it was sadly not without flaw. There were plenty of less than favorable calls made, judgement calls required, and overall poor communication. In an effort to resolve some of the issues we faced and provide clearer guidelines and processes for running wars, the moderation team along with the help of key administrators like Telanir have taken it upon themselves to rewrite the war rules and make changes to how they will operate.

In an effort to address the lack of communication between nations, charters, and the moderation team; I have taken it upon myself to schedule biweekly meetings between the leaders of our community and the staff of LOTC. It is here in these voice calls that the leaders of the community will be able to express their concerns and receive immediate responses from relevant teams. This is only just beginning, so there will be some fine-tuning needed... But we are hopeful that this will help to assist in closing the gap between the community and the staff team as a whole.

Finally, has passed the torch of moderation administrator, I have determined that it is time for some house cleaning. Over the next few weeks, the moderation team will be turning its focus inwards towards the moderation policies and our internal systems. We will be taking this time to dust off these rules and guidelines, updating them to be more relevant to the server today and making additions to cover any gaps that currently exist. As always our policies are public information found on the moderation team’s information thread.

<Current Team Roster >

2CHjCrlfBzUhoEBsGJP3S1i-2uZH2GQOODzXAq4y

<Monthly Statistics>

Moderation Staff received a total of 3119 in June.

Congratulations and thank you to Kaelan__, Silverstatik, knox213 and Deer__ for taking the most tickets in that respective order! It was incredible to see these individuals really step up and assist the community!. 

The monthly quota for Moderation Staff 3%, for this month that meant an individual Mod had to complete a total of 93Below you can view the general statistics for all members of the team. 

XeBWAc2mwZl0fNZxu5hezqsz5lgeTFYEf5-BWm4m

8TsOVQbU7mhYPoo_4jpKkqimmuerhrFV8b-9cTVC

< Roster changes >

+ Knox213 added to Moderation Staff

+ Silverstatik added to Moderation Staff

+ Tangoispointless added to Moderation Staff

+ Suxals added to Moderation Staff

+ Hunwald added to Moderation Staff

+  Wrynn added to Moderation Staff

+ Deer__ promoted  to Moderation Staff Manager

- Potts24 stepped down from  Moderation Staff 

- Rwk0 stepped down from  Moderation Staff 

- Nectorist removed from Moderation Staff 

- Ioannis stepped down from Moderation Staff

<Special Thanks

A huge thanks to Kaelan and Sykogenic for their continued efforts on reworking the war rules.

To Ioannis for all his hard work during his time as a moderator! I wish him the best of luck as the new leader of Fenn!

I'm a little bit sorry for Potts24. Congratulations to @Suxalsthough!

gamer style

6 minutes ago, Jason395 said:

Best moderation team since Axios

this feels like a diss

Not sure what happened with the whole war thing, as I’m fairly new, but I’m glad to see it addressed in a professional manner!

can you please have someone proof read the spelling in future updates?

this isn’t even me being toxic, I genuinely had to pause and think at the meaning of some of this bc of the grammatical mistakes

You aren't allowed to use defys graphics he's too good.

3 hours ago, Kanadensare said:

can you please have someone proof read the spelling in future updates?

this isn’t even me being toxic, I genuinely had to pause and think at the meaning of some of this bc of the grammatical mistakes

Hmmm, a surprising fact I had help with writing, numerous people looked over it before it was posted. 

I guess we cannot all be English majors. 

I am trying to improve. 

That being said I doubt people would appreciate me using permanently banned players as ghost writers like some do... 

1 hour ago, Pun said:

That being said I doubt people would appreciate me using permanently banned players as ghost writers like some do... 

I don’t get it, what’s that throwing shade at?

please elaborate

minecraft minecraft minecraft. unban me.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:14 AM, Pun said:

- Potts24 stepped down from  Moderation Staff 

He unbanned a perma’ed player + messed up an entire LotC Discord.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:14 AM, Pun said:

- Nectorist removed from Moderation Staff 

He used his pex to turn stone to cobblestone (Which was done by many before him).

whatisobamadoing.thumb.jpg.57a9f4ad0122966ee80bb3692041b414.jpg

12 hours ago, Harold said:

Daddy harold please, spare the rod I'm coming back, smile 

11 hours ago, Pun said:

lol throwing shade in a thread that's meant to update players on how the moderation team is doing

boohoo a banned player is typing a google doc