Sign in to follow this  
Malgonious

THE BOAR'S HEAD TAVERN

The Boar Head’s Tavern

EFpyLr42umaSRJDwGU51abxAN4aqqzAh2Gai7Z7p4DYtrVjObqv7fKf_d1ru876uPkpYrS4VNpwOgdAg_m8YznrJRsxGcTSmFEklIw-N9w5mAntcEDr1P9SnGWdxe7MRd5xWl6L_

YWSW0_WhfgVMklm49yRsK4_MQ2e1SfAtSVBQhjp-Ky7mZDGjMBGwL-CoYmZXXh0fYrNyp4lBx3x6YrisJ56IjtYLN-A3CN03w2nYPekz_OlcamQxnziPJyJwTV2lF9pvdJhsFJJp

llCX6sIZL8Y3d7g-T3sFxRQQ9w6P3eaXLkbooydQOpHXY1HL6svQbqVggKbTUVpCWp-Woo6-TnqQoFn766h6eDxRcVMjVUCSzA0qF5BGmN4bZ_dC1gL8PfPbVpf9aaUeA6QhS4A0

Nestled in the crest of the Under-City of Ruswick, the Boar’s Head Tavern  sits at the very heart of the city. Adjacent to the fabled Black Market of Ruswick, the Inn sports a wide variety of activities for tavern-goes to participate in.  Some of those are listed below.

Gambling

iY_XnS-ff2UlN-gcCUXBNsjlQ72pO5EekruP8tN8qljohaEooIZlE0bhwDRQ6Hjw11ek3t-_oIL7m1oH2kQ1q7x0p8k0NWGpbHTgPhSJIW9EMaiqnaf9KO4_bTYLsJG9NpVNv2im

Gambling is allowed and even encouraged within the confines of the Boar’s Head Inn.  While normally you would need a Gambler’s License issued by the Crown of Labdacus, you will not need such an item within the Boar’s Head Inn.  

The most popular gambling activity is named “Jubilant Jack”, a Ruswick adapted version of another popular activity, “Black Jack”. The game itself was named after a good friend of the dealer, whom would always be gambling whenever he had time. The rules are simple.

To whom would be the first to start, would grab a card out of a custom made deck. The card would have the number 1-10 on the front with fancy designs on the back. To win the game, you’d have to beat the dealer, not your friends whom might be playing. If the dealer were to bust, you get extra minae! Though, if you’d lose and bust, the dealer keeps all of the minae for his greedy self. Simple right? It’s a game that’s mainly focused on luck, so all is fair game unless you’d cheat in some way. 

If you were to actually win, you would gain yourself 2x of the minae that you bidded to begin with. Let’s talk about bidding, forsay a person bids 50 minae. You have three choices, fold (To back out of the game overall), Meet (To meet the person’s bid, in the example, 50), and Bid Higher (Self Explanatory).

(More Gambling Attractions such as Brawling, Chess, and more are to be added!)

Food and Drinks

Drinks:

8nNm024RxfCvdZc0Uvtl__gepMgKC4h8O37hPH10H1EflC5MZTbqzxmjapdEQ6i-AMf0qzblKXP5S_rPJimkVgTtOhnyoXHYZgatxwERTuGs1kdwP6HMZqJZJ0hVsj47Y9H9trxg

Southern Moonshine:

A strong brew made from Barley grown on Queen's Isle, this drink is brewed specifically for getting someone drunk quickly. 

rir7RJDUxg-qCd2vxpfWX2DqNv128pZNZaU9oTTBxqK0RtnC_tGQ17Hjb4iAG_sIZcvaKt9niEeDLlMYDJfj7OO1qZfpoKeENUGR2JqTUzCSw6tZ1iV-QmpqgIoDLLWKh_rHCDNr

Gilded Ale: 

A drink made to quench the thirst of the masses, this brew contains wheat left to distill in wooden barrels. A faint bitter taste can be detected.

qdu4Rr6lNNHCHVJHCXb6jtrQ6EAiK1dRYLc2W_vv0y0iwJtOhrPu5dhslepVXWdV9O9wYc6pZgHxIe4_ZVHKZPYwAcWokn866HLkxCeSvC8Dx5mdS7ZfUPVlKrwDVMWDZ0Rt6_z6

Pure Vodka:

Made with fermented sugars, this brew is made to get someone satisfactorily drunk in a sitting.

bL1dRaBitZt9oCJQiqWQhnR_37Tqy38qlHVwN486-l1v2DXs0R-jlU0RPelt7XNJ0aItTeBKYJNBjiLoiHpDDGiIoe15BLMftfRONdE-eZAvnNENxrcoSOiUOHLPmYSy_lnT1E1v

Red Wine:

Fermented with grapes from the Ashen Vineyard (Needs to be built), this drink was made to be a light brew that gives a fine aftertaste.

Food:

c3TBnx_DSubkhWQKEYCkyIKEYPJIgFqDn4oUMcfGcUg0Iv0HrqodZRDBv4I37rjjVDCisyz6su0PmKSFFypS0FHdQ1EKm8Cl2d0lcctwFzhvnW1I-TP90ERcNTTaDI7qmCmM6YWsqHU2g3oeNuibBT0g4vPXqozHloSrEer_jh-jgqsFW-5qntLupRcreLqmHVOkgcU1Q-lzHGKTG4pI6gCOArGsdVmT_xMdX2gDybzfvgf7jCrQqQ8KfZm--LuXUdbxg8mBsexJDdUC

Rabbit Stew:

A hearty stew made with Carrots, potatoes, rabbit, and mushrooms, this meal is sure to fill the belly of any weary traveler.

c3TBnx_DSubkhWQKEYCkyIKEYPJIgFqDn4oUMcfGcUg0Iv0HrqodZRDBv4I37rjjVDCisyz6su0PmKSFFypS0FHdQ1EKm8Cl2d0lcctwFzhvnW1I-TP90ERcNTTaDI7qmCmM6YWs4Ka8U8WfLtVezGCFjm39nfOdEkgSRvytl0bbIX2uR2ui5mSsoEEU9vxRCrGTDWkWZQuz5UT5rj3YYb8BDMUyONXYYNXUgU_5xvNAPbzKzf1PZwZePCWl49e6uMTk0W6pfhqN5Xif

Mushroom Soup:

A nice creamy broth with chunks of mushroom in it.(edited)

c3TBnx_DSubkhWQKEYCkyIKEYPJIgFqDn4oUMcfGcUg0Iv0HrqodZRDBv4I37rjjVDCisyz6su0PmKSFFypS0FHdQ1EKm8Cl2d0lcctwFzhvnW1I-TP90ERcNTTaDI7qmCmM6YWsSox_06H-SbAtQ_y2K6iEtAD3l2ckDWfDzLjm39nvVZVcrp1GvphpcacQygNyt8hrZB8tR5zfNbeS_ptL60gUce0jPxRn6GycQvXTHlY6IPz5PmyxOH4JIy6bt-WC0zMVfowe_g7B

Beetroot Soup: 

A broth made from beetroots, this meal is cheaply made and cheaply sold.

8X7spn6gTnqfYYjQ2sF25hmw6sWkfzvWzohgCO6qbOxVJYwb9cRc7fKzQcgrHocXRO_r533yawHevGTSSlTHjTIfR45TJ5Wuf4wouw9099jxMx3214nhAcq158vo4la3TWQG5Y-O

Warm Bread: A nice loaf of fresh bread, having a firm crust and a soft crumb (inner part of bread).

-Y3DOQl8e1tf2eqgQQQP0nPokB8UwaZyDuflfUZ2JUCm9WEhglXoeFpblZj1YjSL2XGtBJJwFK_N2kWIJuUdah9zmZ3EDXwS-nSkIlLPQ_kXIkrhP9xWBXwDgTbKD7AqOf3I7WG9

Wild Boar:

A generous slice of prime quality meat, being from wild boars, freshly killed, and served.

lZBNdWtsTuCLsJiiPR04B0oS4G9qNMfmRfqrZUFskuQ4ZoXVX2OSt6LKj_24fQzxxWezll7rm6852yR0ENhXbwT1asYmk3IIALY5uPTX5jJ3t7N5QcOglJ5O2wa3EKsM-0cAovsH

Pumpkin Pie: 

Made from locally sourced ingredients, this Pie is made with Pumpkin innards mixed into a fine purée, eggs and a generous handful of sugar.

gqm-7IhKSZwvn8OnTcnHX6yD4ubE9h55xheR5HhhhsyK1pKGWn5wQFzXWQFGpfL1XsZO7yV0zGbcJHP7FlwzWwttXMLi51Hm7ImKUpiRqAJ4ek4iD8B0rf2KuZU3Ig4VvjHr-Ffb

Roast Chicken:

Free Range Chicken roasted over a slow fire to a delicious golden brown.

Rooms for Rent

U-kArbbBF82kEezgdwH6Laf47DT4pMKh4Xjt2X3jDXTM5Lpw3VHZO_6kU71Bd2vWrKcQ-gRVQLCmOCJ9CLHzCCcDpvDlitpVFAxteZNaCoIonU77nXSrkEufSsKd0Hmvv2BZGBqq

At the Boar’s Head Inn many a weary traveller make their way into the warm, cozy, fire-lit tavern seeking a nice refreshing end to their day.  Here in the safety of the Under-City of Ruswick, we have many a room for rent by the bed-yearning traveller.

Rent is 50 mina per saint day.  This includes a bed, locked chest, and meal delivered to you at a time of your own choosing, per saint day.

Weekly Tavern Event (Nov 21 7pm est):

b289W5Tu2JXvSTidgEirZ-VqgnKkfplsHk6npJcIdnzpfxKsZigDGTax9nXY8gaJzQ1NekzZQutuNZluIxp7edTRlit2pDqgvX6TrRojZVaoXiGyeaGgYPZiezH8s13-Q4sabXKl

Tavern Brawl - A 1v1 bout of fisticuffs.  Winner gets 500 minae and a rare sword forged by Grimlee Armour and Steel co.

All those that wish to sign up contact one of the Barkeeper's to add their name into the rumble.  

(LG_S, Nezuky, Malgonious, Twodiks)

We are hiring!

We are currently seeking Barkeepers, Servers, Bar-Maidens and Innkeepers to manage room service.

((NOTE: Times of high activity are between 5-7 pm EST on weekdays and more frequent on weekends.))

Application:

IGN:
Current Place of Residence:

Will you require housing outside of the Tavern:

Your times of activity:

“Hopefully these hooligans don’t wreck the tavern in their brawl and make me have to repair it.” Janus would comment, downing some moonshine.

‘Wrecking it is MY job.”

Edited by L_GS

Lady Lauriel Labdacus, Princess and Ruler of the Settlement of Ruswick, smiles as she’d read the tavern advertisement, nodding to the note she’d say in such an uplifting voice “My My, such a beautifully laid out sheet, very proud of the people for coming up with this” 

Jubilant Jack would read the paper, nodding as he finishes  “Jubilant Jack? That name sounds similar…”

Edited by Belidle

“Looking forward to new hands” Veesel eagerly states, while drying some freshly washed cups. “Got my hands full enough as it is”

Evindal chuckles as he adds in “Ah, don’t for get to visit the hookah lounge afterwards!”

“Hmmmm...I could use a pretty strong drink meself, aye?” Captain Flynt smirks, taking hold of the paper. “And perhaps I could make some mina from t’ gamblin’.” 

A TALE OF RISE AND FALL

Swifty Sam was in the Tavern of Ruswick, gambling his hard earned money. He would call out to the dealer “Mark”, asking for a card. He receives a 10, to his joy. Mark calls out a 9, another strong hand. Sam replies with drawing his second card, pushing all of his minas onto the table, putting his pride on the line. As he was given the card, a grin crossed Sam’s face. To Mark’s horror he had drawn another 10! Sam stuck on 20. Mark drew a card very, very slowly. His eye contact did not leave Sam’s. Drawing a 7, Mark let out a cuss, enraged at his luck. Mark was on 16, beads of sweat coming from his forehead, his breathing becoming shallow. Mark then draws his single and last card, with a swipe of his wrist. Suddenly Mark cheers, flinging his drink on the table, he drew a 5 beating Swifty Sam. The player had thought he double his cash, but he left ashamed, drained of minas and his dignity taken. 

Reginald claps for those keeping on

Dixie Turpin looks at Mike Robertson and nods towards the man while enjoying the picturesque MMORPG-like cards that represented this tavern's activities in the missive. Sitting in the tavern, cross legged like a Turkin Akinji, he would slowly throw a set of dice, landing a decent score, thus robbing Robertson of his money. "Haha! You a pig mandem, tha's a small money that I win! Bet larger!"

Keaton Errmark, nursing an embattled side from his military engagements and rethinking his honour, similarly nurses a hearty roast chicken to his mouth. 

As Agner read through the advertisement flyer, his mind was filled with the thoughts of rabbit stew served with a side of warm bread, “Oh this shall be a feast, and mighty Agner shall win the tavern brawl!”

Ryia von Savoia would nod while looking at the flyer, "Glad that the tavern will have more buisness, may have to go there soon, eh?" She would say to the wolf by her side.

Mark would rub his hands together as he laid his eyes upon the stacks of minae. He would then pick up the dice and hurl them over the table, praying for a victory. "Pity... Let's do another round!"

Edited by Mark2282