Sign in to follow this  
Narthok

The Highland Act

AEaKv6Be1TtAGvTeZFWhSWskwO1HoR6WYpGlIwSVmIuw9B8nAn1sZeLvP0L0mpcfq0NFc7Naqm5s7BTS3u8CZWcNAIuO9sjXPL92SM_Dr6J1_S2p83ewhxJj9DWpfAwspWfoG0vE

The Highland Act

Issued Winter 1745

Indices

I. On Highland Protection

II. On Highland Settlement

III. On Highland Culture 

IV. On Cultural allowances and prohibitions

V.  A Word from the Duke

ON HIGHLAND PROTECTION

Any person, clan, tribe, or family of Highland blood is entitled to the protection of the Highland realm provided they are not in violation of the Nordlaw, wanted on bounty for crimes against the Highland people, or engaged in war against the Highland realm. Those Highland settlements beyond the confines of the Highland realm shall have their defence, sovereignty and independence guaranteed and protected by the Highland realm. Those individuals, tribes, clans, or houses lacking settlement or wishing to resettle are to dwell within a Highland settlement under the protection of the Highland realm or to dwell within the confines of the Highland realm itself. 

ON HIGHLAND SETTLEMENT

All Highland folk are encouraged to seek out settlement within the confines of the Highland realm that their faith, culture and people shall find enduring protection away from Heartland overlords and tyranny. Any Highlander in good standing is entitled to settlement and citizenship in the Highland realm. Henceforth held as the ‘Highland Privilege of Homeland’. This privilege of settlement shall extend provided they are not in violation of the Nordlaw, wanted on bounty, or engaged in war against the Highland Realm.

Those Highland clans, tribes, or Houses lacking settlement or seeking resettlement are welcome to the Highland realm, where they will be provided title and holdfast. That they may develop their lands for farming, forestry, game, mining for the profit and enduring health of their respective peoples. Those families seeking land will be provided land so long as they are not in violation of the Nordlaw, wanted on bounty, or engaged in war against the Highland Realm.

ON HIGHLAND CULTURE

It has been stated before and will be stated again. To be a Highlander is more than simply dwelling where it is cold and remote. To be a Highlander is to live a life of oath and action. To put family and faith before personal prestige and secular philosophizing. To be a Highlander is to be put the greater before the lesser. Whilst the Highland folk are a varied people, ranging from the Hill Tribes to the Fortress lords of ancient bloodlines. It is this common ethic that unites us all. A belief in oath and action, over deceit and prose. 

ON CULTURAL ALLOWANCES AND PROHIBITIONS

While the cultural practices of the Highland folk are broad and the Highland realm intends to protect and safeguard as much as it can there are certain barbaric tribal practices that cannot be tolerated due to their corrupt demonic nature. However beyond that there are certain Highland practices that are endemic to all Highland folk. In that sense the following cultural prohibitions and allowances are as follows:

Prohibitions

I. No wytchery or magyk under any circumstances

Allowances

I. Inter-vassal cattle raiding

II. Clan feuds

III. Honour duels

A WORD FROM THE DUKE

As I have made clear previously, the time has come for Highland folk to rule themselves, independent of the schemes and petty meddling of the Heartland aristocrats. Obsessed with dusty tomes of arcane law as they bear strange wigs and the clothing of women. I intend to build a Highland realm. A realm of honest men who value action over hot air. Where justice is simple and carried out swiftly. Where Faith is properly revered as the law of the land, rather than placed in subservience to the laws of man. 

I am Godric. Judge me by my actions. When my friends are threatened they are protected. When my enemies speak loudly they are silenced. It is time for the Highland folk to be free unto themselves at last. And to forge that noble Highland realm, I shall dedicate the rest of my life.

By Oath and Action,

Writ en Namen de

Godric,

hFbPTH-OVWAFJnWdY3ahp0d_jj-_Noo64WNN9rzG4nV3-ngVIkOjHc3iW81UGDPoKf_FkEAnOIzXkORIk-P1zZgzXamvXfe5evl170nXcpxLNTGzggjrwZBl7pCrFQCP2Y4HReS4

Edited by Narthok

Lorien rolls out of his hammock onto a small bundle of hay after reading the paper slipped through the floorboards “Yes I believe now is a good time to show those who remember me that i am still alive” he’d say as he dug around for his axe to cut his way out of the room he boarded himself in.

The High Keeper prepares a sacrifice to the All-Father, sharpening her curved ceremonial blade, “Father guide these Highlanders.”

Tovelm would nod as he read The Highland Act, never had he thought that the victories that the AIS had earned would create this empire

By Oath and Action“, Mister Muffins stands at attention behind Godric with an unseen smirk on his face, This Act will surely change the political sphere in the peoples’ favour, Master.

“Proud Highlander traditions indeed, a shame we spill each others blood in this war.” Siguine comments as he reads the act.

“It’s good that you wish to defend our fellow highland people yet you can’t be saying this while you are part of the cause of fellow highlanders who are killing one another in this war.”  Ser Robert says a bit confused.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this