Ask Brax

Braxis

When reviewing a moderator staff application what do you think is key for an applicant to know?

What characteristics make the ideal moderator?

Menthol or non-menthol?

beer or liquor?

Do you abide by all driving laws?

favorite handgun caliber?

Do you feel the bern?

favorite year in American history?

35 minutes ago, Riftblade said:

FM team when, please I want it back.

Seconding this. Forum Empire when?

2 hours ago, MinaGobbler said:

When are we overthrowing staff team together?

Any sneak peaks to your plans with the war system?

Soon my ally sooooon...

2 hours ago, Xarkly said:

Do you think admins who go on regular hiatuses should be removed 

Long as they communicate with the teams they are part of, or can keep the team on track with the times they are still around, I don't think they should be. It all depends on the Admin and the Team tbh.

2 hours ago, Lionbileti said:

What’s your thoughts on conquest warclaims? How will you work to improve the current war system.

Conquest is a very sharp double edged sword. It is something we're looking into in our rewrite. But we are going to get the General, Conflict and Raid rules tackled first so we can have all hands for the Warclaim project since it is much bigger and I do not want to rush it.

1 hour ago, frill said:

how's your dog doing? (important)

He is better now, getting his vaccine for Kennel Cough so he can start going to the dog park again.

1 hour ago, lev said:

do u remember all the wicked things that went on in Boiendl’s brothel..?

My therapist said I am not allowed to discuss this, due to emotional trauma related to it. 

53 minutes ago, TryaxReck said:

You single?

Yes

47 minutes ago, Riftblade said:

FM team when, please I want it back.

One day....hopefully....one day...s

2 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

When reviewing a moderator staff application what do you think is key for an applicant to know?

What characteristics make the ideal moderator?

With the current process it takes time. And don't be discouraged to ask questions, as well as if your did a good interview but didnt make the cut you can still apply and try again. Of course give it some time but not harm in giving it another shot.

2 hours ago, Kaelan said:

Seconding this. Forum Empire when?

Soooon....one day....maybe..

29 minutes ago, _Pan said:

Favorite piece of lore? (In LoTC ofcs)

Clerics. I was a Cleric in Aegis and the writer of Taharaie with Shoi. Some of my best memories come from this small magic group from Aegis to Anthos. It was a wonderful trip.

Also I'll be saving Syko's questions for when I am home.

2 hours ago, Braxis said:

Long as they communicate with the teams they are part of, or can keep the team on track with the times they are still around, I don't think they should be. It all depends on the Admin and the Team tbh.

I’m going to follow up here with a few other questions – I appreciate this probably isn’t the sort of questions you wanted, but this is an ideal opportunity to gauge what kind of Admin you’ll be in a time where we really need a good one.

• Following the Staff Merge, a far greater workload has been placed on Admins in leading combined teams that has caused some very obvious burnout. Without Team Directors, we’re effectively putting less people in charge over far more people. This is obviously not a good ratio. The defence here, likely, is that Admins have a team of managers to help them out, but in practicality this is still far less effective than Team Directors. Managers, ultimately, aren’t going to have the same clout as Admins. It can lead to cases like the ET being completely unrepresented on an Administrative level (i.e. our Admin came from the Lore Sect with no ET involvement) and this has in turn led to issues like being stuck for ET members as our Admin was unwilling to challenge the, frankly ludicrous, staff downsizing initiative. This is just one example of the flawed system. Thoughts?
  • In general regarding your statement, would it be fair to say, if an Admin is continuously taking long hiatuses, that they should be removed and a more active member appointed in their place? This line of reasoning is actually enshrined in the Staff Conduct, so I’m a little unsure as to why you guys aren’t following it. What are your thoughts on this?

“If you must leave for an extended period, then we must set aside your team rank. The team management must find a suitable replacement for the duration. If you were in good standing then you are welcome to resume your post once you return. “ (Staff Conduct:
  • Lastly, in light of all this, could I get your thoughts on Telanir's latest hiatus? This came at a time when things were pretty dicey, in particular with the disastrous 1.14 update. In the days following the update, our sole developer was unable to contact either Telanir or Llir for several days about the situation was on the verge of quitting before contact was finally established. Furthermore, Grool (an actual Admin) was unable to contact Telanir for a very long time and openly disclosed in a map dev chat that the situation was not good and he had been unresponsive for a long time (I actually have a screenshot but the forums are saying it's too large to upload). Contrasting this with your comment, what do you make of this?

I appreciate you taking the time to answer this. I’m genuinely not trying to stir the pot but just looking to see where you stand. Complacency kills.

when are you making me the person in charge of interviews moderators without having anything else to do?

Please share some of your fondest memories from early LoTC days and some fond memories in general from whenever.

6 hours ago, Lockages said:

Why, and when I say why, I mean WHY are you torturing yourself with this??

Because I hate myself. Duuuuuuuuh?

1 hour ago, z3m0s said:

Please share some of your fondest memories from early LoTC days and some fond memories in general from whenever.

From Early LOTC? The days of Braxis being a young Elf Squire to the Halfing Knight Commaber Robert (TheImpulseHQ) Who through a sudden purge in Knights and through his own Merit quickly rose to the rank of Knight Sergeant under Knight Commander Ser Grimbeard. (DirtyHarry) Who eventually gave both Commander and the Knight’s town of Galahar to Braxis. Which kick started alot of events afterwards I had fun with.

1 hour ago, Knox said:

when are you making me the person in charge of interviews moderators without having anything else to do?

As soon as I make the Interview Monkey Rank

6 hours ago, Sykogenic said:

Menthol or non-menthol?

beer or liquor?

Do you abide by all driving laws?

favorite handgun caliber?

Do you feel the bern?

favorite year in American history?

Neither

Depends on the day, most of the time liquor though. Coke n Rum, Coke n Jack or Mt Dew and Vodka are some of my favorite mixes. Although its hard to go wrong with Yeungling, or even Angry Orchads or Alcoholic Lemonades. Hard Lemonade is great if your me who gets Kidney stones often. Not only doe the Lemon juice break down the stones, but the alcohol apparently helps. And it gets you pretty tipsy if you drink enough.

*COUGH* ...Yes

Good thing you said Handgun, in an honest answer. It would be my Great Grandfather’s Snub Nosed Revolver from like the 1930’s. 5 Chambers, short stubby gun with a bigger kick then you’d think with how tiny it is. Sadly its not at my apparent so I can’t double check which caliber it is.

No its too cold here

EVERY YEAR IS MY FAVORITE YEAR IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

bIUbJfX.gif

I’ll be getting to Xarkly’s questions when my brain is not mush from work.

can i plz have my mod manager interview ive been waiting for 8 months

15 hours ago, Nectorist said:

can i plz have my mod manager interview ive been waiting for 8 months

same, hopefully you’ll do interviews soon Braxis ?