Recovering The Ancient Tongue Of The Elves.

Sporadic

((I haven't officially joined but I'm hoping its alright I begin to work my way into the community, I was just wondering if there will be a simple way to learn this language once it is complete, I'm an elf who will be joining in soon and I would like to know at least some basics before I join the elven community, a friend is letting me stay with some dwarves until I learn the basics of the server. And there are some elven languages already made, I could send a file sometime I have a few words and its written down how to pronounce them as well))

Hey there. I'm afraid there is no 'easy' way to learn it except... learning it. You won't HAVE to, however, as Elves talk common (english). It's just fun... and improves your character's immersion. Also good for dealing with High Elves

as for other Elven languages... in the server this is the only accepted one. There's also drow, but only mori are supposed to speak that.

Nice job with the language.

Why thank you :)

Look at you and your fancy updates Rivell. Obviously I am heavily preoccupied with life and am not heavily involved with language, however I was looking at writing some stuff for Haelun'or. If you want to throw me topics, and whether to write in English or Elven. I can do anything.

Hey, guys, I was developing this new talima system (sorry to take it from you, Elindor, but Asulon's time is different) and I needed some words for hour (talima?), minute and second, as well as their RL counterparts. If you get any ideas, tell me.

I have uncoverd some more words,

Ama = Star

Nodle = Flower

So my last name (Amanodle) means starflower

Actually, your name would be Nodle'ama.

Names con be funky that way, it should but isnt.

I am no one to judge you, but this seems like a cheap way of giving you name a meaning.

I am no one to judge you, but this seems like a cheap way of giving you name a meaning.

Actually in the DnD 3rd edition players hand book, there are a bunch of names, after looking at it i deciphered Ama means star and Nodle means flower. If you don't believe me look it up for your self

Well, this isn't DnD. This language is custom-made for the server and the server's elfs.

Well, this isn't DnD. This language is custom-made for the server and the server's elfs.

Oh, well then my name means nothing, take it off the list

The wiki page on time used to be a good source. Can't say I've kept it up to date though. The days and months in Asulon are the same, the only thing that may be different is the length of day. If it is longer then it is by popular demand and about time too.

is there already a form for the passive?

I know, I know. I will put the text there once it's done. And yes, the day-night circle is longer.