Recovering The Ancient Tongue Of The Elves.

Sporadic

Very nice! I hope that, once this is finished, the forum admins or whoever works on the wiki of Asulon puts this in the Elven section: Its still under construction. Besides, elves need a language. :smile:

i like it!

Very nice! I hope that, once this is finished, the forum admins or whoever works on the wiki of Asulon puts this in the Elven section: Its still under construction. Besides, elves need a language. :smile:

i like it!

This language is used a lot already in the elven lands, especially in Haelun'or.

OOC: The tremendous job you've done here my friends (special bow to Sporadic and his bretheren) is astonishing! I was somewhat pessimistic about future of elvish language when I had to depart from Aegis, but I clearly see that it lives. Thank you for nurturing it and keeping it alive!

May I ask what rules apply to a Gerund?

I want to say "Healing" so I would use the root word Waleh (to heal) and then some form of "ing"?

(( Very complex, It will take me awhile to pick this up. The language reflects the nature of the elves whereas the orcish language took me 15 minutes to become fluent. Very well done.))

OOC:

I definitely found this helpful and I appreciate it, especially since my character is one of the oldest Elves alive.!

(( How would one say without?

I have been using it like this:

Naeilne = without you

Nae=you

il=with

ne=not

------------

Asulilne = without sun

Asul = sun

il = with

ne=not

Is this correct?))

((I believe it is.))

And I believe il'ne (slight inflection of the tongue for a pause) would be 'have not'

How would you say "Soul" in elven?

'hiylun' would fit most purposes.

I keep getting stuck with learning elven, i can get the words i need, but then i get stuck when i need words like And, But, It...ect. I know theres words for But, What, how and why, but would would be the elven word for it&and?

-ehya: and - used at the beginning of a sentence for 'but...'

If using 'it' I think you just have to name the thing.

((Some words we/I need with suggestions of what they could be:

To try: Eired

To will/shall: Veren

To come: Marel

To sleep: Ciw

Sleepy: Ciwelien

To love (romantic): Mayil

To love (parent-child/brotherly.): Ayil

More words will come soon, probebly.))