Mina and YOU!

Hiebe

If your community dont use mina, what do your players do with the mina they get from voting? Big think. Maybe pay taxes with it.

If that isnt enough, why not establish an rp link in which someone else pays the mina, ans you provide them with goods as payment? Or any other arrangement of similar type.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. Use your head and try and figure out a solution, and if a solution isnt possible, then talk to an economist about the issue and see if they can help you. They already said they are monitoring and will adjust as necessary. I already know people had concerns, spoke to a member of the economy team, and a short explanation cleared it up for them.

Have you actually had a conversation with a member of the economy team to see if they have any level of explanation for the things you are worried about?

1 minute ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

Its still something doable if you reach an arrangement with a nation about not having much in terms of a relationship. You can negoatiate that there is no need for your people to interact with the nation. And honestly I believe some nations will prefer allowing small charters in one of their empty tiles over having the tile completely empty. That is really up to you. People look for many problems but often don't think of the possible solutions. 

No one forces you to RP with a nation other than that initial negotiation for land. You'd also be free of an activity requirement which I know Talon's can sustain but it's still a relief when people go into finals or holidays or something is keeping people from joining IRL. 

You get access to some of the perks of the nation. And who knows maybe some new players join you for the exposure provided for being under that nation. 

Just because a larger nation is allowing settlements to use their tiles doesn't mean that the people in the settlement are going to have fun with it. Settlements are choosing to be independent from a nation for a reason-- if they wanted a nation to back them up on everything they did, they would have gone and asked the nation as opposed to creating a settlement themselves.

For somewhere like the Sovereign State of Talon's Grotto, having sovereign state in the name, everyone in the settlement is opposed to joining a larger nation. There have been times in the past when council members have proposed being vassals under larger nations, and the immediate reaction was everyone packing up their bags to leave, and when nations have threatened to vassalize them, even the people in the city who typically weren't pvpers were prepared to fight in a war to keep their sovereignty. People in settlements like this create them because they would not have fun beneath larger nations.

You want to force settlements under nations? They're not going to gain population because they're in a nation, they're going to lose it because nobody wants to be in it.

LotC, also known as Limit of the Capitalism, is the number one faction server, where if you want something we tell you to go **** yourself and enjoy a well built experience in the rice fields our world team created, that way earning enough money to barely feed your family and pay taxes, working for a nation you dont really participate in within a land with no interesting or fascinating settlements or land points, for we encourage homeless rp and dislike freedom.

People gonna complain but I think this actually creates RP opportunities and encourages nation run banks, among other things. It seems pretty interesting.

The damn Mynebor Bank is now open! No fees, and a 2% interest rate per year! 

47 minutes ago, Sham404 said:

If your community dont use mina, what do your players do with the mina they get from voting? Big think. Maybe pay taxes with it.

If that isnt enough, why not establish an rp link in which someone else pays the mina, ans you provide them with goods as payment? Or any other arrangement of similar type.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. Use your head and try and figure out a solution, and if a solution isnt possible, then talk to an economist about the issue and see if they can help you. They already said they are monitoring and will adjust as necessary. I already know people had concerns, spoke to a member of the economy team, and a short explanation cleared it up for them.

Have you actually had a conversation with a member of the economy team to see if they have any level of explanation for the things you are worried about?

Pay taxes with the 2 mina they get a day? Get your head out of the gutter. I will give you an example, I have a brother who plays the server aswell so we share the same IP. How will we both be able to get our voting money each day as only one person with this is can vote in a 24 hour period. What do you propose here? One of us won't get to vote thus will get no mina.

You don't seem to understand that if this does mess it up completely, you cannot just reset an economy. Once it starts there is no going back.

5 minutes ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

Pay taxes with the 2 mina they get a day? Get your head out of the gutter. I will give you an example, I have a brother who plays the server aswell so we share the same IP. How will we both be able to get our voting money each day as only one person with this is can vote in a 24 hour period. What do you propose here? One of us won't get to vote thus will get no mina.

You don't seem to understand that if this does mess it up completely, you cannot just reset an economy. Once it starts there is no going back.

Classically misinformed. You get 12 mina a day, not two. Obviously taxes will not cost the same as they cost last map to reflect this.

You seem to be forgetting this is a mineman server. They can literally inject money, they can take it out, they can adjust rewards as they like.

Why dont you do what i suggested and ask an economy member for advice on your situation?

Damn I must have missed the part when joining the server that says I will need a degree in economics to play the server properly 

1 hour ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

Your brother can vote with the wi-fi and you can vote with mobile data. Or the other way around...

2 hours ago, ComicD said:

LotC, also known as Limit of the Capitalism, is the number one faction server, where if you want something we tell you to go **** yourself and enjoy a well built experience in the rice fields our world team created, that way earning enough money to barely feed your family and pay taxes, working for a nation you dont really participate in within a land with no interesting or fascinating settlements or land points, for we encourage homeless rp and dislike freedom.

You taking it a bit far there. No one is forcing you to play LoTC. I invite you to give the economy a chance before creating a whole mineman drama. 

Everyone fails to notice the part where Hiebe said the economy team will meet weekly, take a look at how the economy is moving and based on that make changes. It's not a system that is set in stone and will not change for the entire map. It's a system that will be worked on by a team of people that have the intention to make the economy something meaningful instead of the empty stuff we got in Arcas where mina had less value than a Bolivar Venezolano. 

21 minutes ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

You taking it a bit far there. No one is forcing you to play LoTC. I invite you to give the economy a chance before creating a whole mineman drama. 

1-If you call comedic criticism mineman drama, then you need more drama bro, lol.

2-Giving it a chance or not wont change how annoying and less fun things probably will be for the focus in the already mentioned economy, most are here for short periods of time after work (myself included) giving less of a chance to enjoy things because of the explained mechanic over the economic system that you all wish to implement, taking away the laid back system that rewarded active players and allowed those with less time to also do things in a simple and enjoyable manner.

3-Economy wasnt an issue to be fixed yet here we are, while there is other things i bet are far more important and needed than this for, like i said, the sustainability of enjoyment for both active and more casual players who, now with this system, are far more limited than before, taking away the possibility of having a more simple and relaxed form of rp with their own settlements and such, that now are limited thanks to the need of tax payment and mina accumulation.

4-This is all theorical and an opinion, basic criticism, if you think im creating drama i hope this big comment has delivered such impact, now i never said i hated the server nor wanted to stop playing, much less being forced to play, so next time you reply get your facts straight, build a functional argument and then say something that makes sense when evaluated with what has been delivered.

5-Have a good day and enjoy thanks giving, hope you have something yummy ❤️

3 hours ago, KamikazeReaper said:

so i have to ask, do we have other options instead of using a bank to store dat cash?

Invest in reliable valuables like gold (or whatever is the lotc equivalent) and stow them somewhere safe.

2 minutes ago, Callistus said:

Invest in reliable valuables like gold

Does that mean i can make a whole big ass McDuck vault no issue filled with gold blocks and such?

nice meme

25 minutes ago, ComicD said:

Economy wasnt an issue to be fixed yet here we are

what? 

alright I know the narrative here is to go against everything related to the plugin, but there is no denying that the economy was absolutely fucked last map.

3 minutes ago, Callistus said:

economy was absolutely fucked last map.

Was it really? I never had any issues with it nor heard about it.

Actually never even talked economy in the sever besides the usual "Ah sh** im poor, i cant afford speedy boots" joke.

3 minutes ago, ComicD said:

Was it really? I never had any issues with it nor heard about it.

Actually never even talked economy in the sever besides the usual "Ah sh** im poor, i cant afford speedy boots" joke.

Yeah it was pretty fucked, there was 26 million mina sitting in peoples banks not being used.. there was no economy that's the whole point of introducing this system. Mina literally had no purpose other than bragging rights.

Edited by Shmeepicus