THE FOX AND THE HOUND

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

divider.png

The day had begun with black clouds in the sky. They did not disperse.

Deep in the woodlands of the southwest, rain poured down and washed away the underbrush. The elves of the realm hid in their homes as the crack of thunder was heard. Boom. The sound echoed and repeated throughout the woodlands. Boom. Boom.

This was not thunder. A mace forged in fury was responsible for this sound as it collided and split apart sections of black armor atop the mountains of the Hinterlands. The elf-lord fought his foe atop the peak as great craters opened and the earth split. The Loyal Hound growled and howled as the sounds of flesh being ripped apart like wet paper stuck in the minds of all elves who could hear it. Flashes of starlight and green reflected off of the low-hanging clouds of ash that dumped rainwater down into the forest. Then, silence.

The silence hung over the woodlands for some time. The rain subsided and elves stuck their heads out of their windows and archways to listen and watch. A congregation of dark figures wreathed in shadow descended from the mountain. One of these spectral creatures clad in broken, black armor walked with a heavy limp; however, it had a new trophy around its neck — an elf ear.

Shortly after, three druids were seen carrying the broken and limp form of the elf-lord. He was coated in thick blankets of crimson. No words were spoken as the body was taken down the mountain and onto the ferry bound for the Mother Grove. The elf-lord had lost.

3e2721340ceef66785cea6a9a2acd880.jpg

However, he survived.

Spoiler

Huge shout out to Salty Alty for making a badass character and a badass duel event! I really enjoyed it and I am so much better for having done it. Hope to roleplay with you more in the future, my guy.

'Lo, for in the aftermath did some Raevish hund coil itself within its barrow - a cackle on the wind, for its maw bore a thousand teeth, and its bite heralded deepest chill and profound understanding. Around its neck hung the severed ear of an errant Mali yet to die - spared by the mercy of those who've since ascended beyond the concept of the pale slumber... 

And yet, it bore some elation - it felt clarity in this moment, elation, even! For the din and ken of battle drew it back from the brink of madness, and it so chuckled and bayed across the rolling expanse of tombs and crypts - a terrible sound, one fraught with malefic glee and damned fervor... 

"As one power falls, another shall rise - let us hope that you have the strength to stand anew, Maleficar..."

In a realm, far, far away, the ancient spirit slept upon her rock. Deep was her slumber, restful and quiet. Until, in that delicate sleep, the voices of nature began to tug upon her heartstrings, rousing her from this rest of ages. Eyes of golden amber would open, and the elder would reach to her heart, feeling this pain from so very far away. She waited, and listened. 

And when the voices ebbed back to their usual chorus, she laid back down, letting out a relieved breath.

"Well done..."

Spoiler

inmrb8icaJzWIDzhudjMu4wwC5lIru6KE0Nt99n19cd-huZMNDkiVyWAfAWuL9ajXUqOQDnw2A6aOLU9N82MaNryb-_xOKZUocbiPwCNiQbNbLrk_Gu8YAM7P5UhwCEvLNDIZblC

The large being of Makazgath folded his four stone arms across his chest. His hollow gaze had studied the druids, those who had cheered the loudest - made the rude remarks. Despite his aging memory, he would not forget them so easily, and they would soon remember him.

Zolvan would lay beside the form of his injured step-son and that of his wife -  a tired sigh coming escape that Amber druid. He could not sleep as he would often stare forth towards those wounds, worry plaguing him as he would constantly make sure that no blood was leaking and no infection were starting.. Once more that Amber elf would look to the ceiling, thanking the Aspects that Amaesil had lived and fought well, thanking them that his wife would not have to lose a child. "Blessed be the Aspects." The elf would utter out before finally resting himself, the stress of the day finally over.

Edited by JustGrim

Blood, so much blood. Her son's body lifeless on the ground. The Hound standing over it. Her husband holding her back. No...no! NOOO! 

The Fox Mother awoke from her nightmare with a jolt, cold sweat causing her clothes to stick to her body as she searched around in the dark for her son. And he was there, sleeping besides her, seemingly also struggling with some nightmare. Her husband lay on the other side of Amaesil, also suffering from a restless sleep. He's alive. He's alive and with me. Sonna gently ran a hand threw her son's hair, looking at the clipped ear. 

Never again, please, don't do this to me again..

“I-… I just came to say goodbye, Briar. I'll be back within a day or so most likely.”
Syllana sat in the priesthood grove, her eyes going to Amaesil as he spoke. 
Amaesil would then go to Syllana and grin wide. “See you soon. Galan will hate being Lord Commander.” He gives her forehead a quick kiss.
“He already hates it..” She mumbled under her breath, a small giggle escaping her lips.

And that was the last she saw. The last words he had spoken to her before the fight. He had left, not even saying Van'ayla to the lliran he had left inside Elvenesse. 

Syllana countinued to weave her wreath, her lips curling into a frown. The thoughts of Amaesil probably not coming back haunted the poor woman. After all the loss... all the grief... Another cannot be lost. After starting over, is she just to lose everything again?

. . . 

What if he made it? What if he did? After resting, trying to clear her thoughts she headed into the main square. What if he made it? She turned right and there he was. Injured, but alive. He's safe...

The Bygone Lord descended onto a great, prismarine throne with a chortle; the seven others beside it empty, as the moon rose high above the earth. 

"He thought the Hound killed Awaiti. I suppose none remembered it was I at that brawl."

And not a long distance away, sat that Maleificar's corpse in a crude display, like some trophy.

"A shame." 

Deep in the woods the Frog would be sitting under an olive tree. Her eyes shut tight she awaited the return of the elf that she had known as a son figure. She remembered the tearful goodbye and hoped that the good luck charm she had sent with him was serving him well. 

Briar awoke from her meditation after a while, her stomach churning. Running into the hinterlands she looked around for the return of Amaesil. After hearing he had been carted to the mother grove, she took off running. 

though she had returned to Elvenesse after searching, a few frogs would be seen hopping around the grove watching over. 

The hawkish knight stood atop a hill, the trees around him littered with spears plunged into their bark. A raspy cough emerges from the suit of armor as he contemplates the duels he used to fight in. If only he could remember...