Harassment, Hate, and Predators

Treshure

I would've preferred you'd not use my name on this video and just referred to me as ScreamingDingo.

@Treshure  But, thank you for bringing this up. I'll have a proper discussion and deal with this in a day or two, on this post. Just need to formulate a response that is rational.

Speak the truth!!

As per my comment on the video:

It's just sad that this video needs to be made.

So much sigma energy, I can't take it. Thanks for going out of your comfort zone and adressing a hard topic.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that while there are definitely situations that need to be looked into, it's realistically a very slippery slope to ban people without hard evidence. False bans happen on LOTC (and stay imposed) more often than I'm sure most staff would like to admit. Does this mean I think people that are suspected predators shouldn't be banned? Absolutely not. My honest opinion is that banning with 'gut feeling' is something that can get out of hand very quickly and opens the door to a lot more staff abuse, especially given that private reports do not give the defending party a chance to defend themselves.

I was recently denied from the media team due to something that was very clearly false, and if it weren't for the fact that I was able to hard press the situation and prove the allegations false, it likely could've gone off to a moderation report. I know as well that another player was very recently banned for alleged hacking when in reality there was more proof against him hacking than there was for it, but due to staff's inability to show the supposed evidence, he was unable to disprove such.

There is an absolute need to remove groomers, creeps and predators from this server but don't let it get so out of hand that it becomes akin to the red scare or salem witch trials. 

Start the conversation!

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Things need to change. This can’t go unlooked any longer. 

1 minute ago, Treshure said:

Aside from you having your name public on many Discords, I think you're missing the point on why I took this on camera.

I am quite well aware of why you took this to camera, just simply was a thing I wanted to say before I drafted something officially.

Any time I've pushed to get a predator banned, the admins - Llir specifically - have always been prompt and fast on it when I finally had what I need to approach them on it. But this is after months of effort on my end in both 2 counts to find hard lined proof. One of them, I can't take much credit for as I simply pushed someone else to step up and they dealt with it, but another I knew of 3 people on the server actively being groomed where 2 of them had confided in me of the case. Showing that to admins was not enough to get this person banned. A recorded video call where one of the victims detailed the whole affair in voice chat was apparently not proof enough to act.

To get them banned, I had to get put into contact with someone who quit lotc in 2018 because of this person's abuse, and convince them through their insecurities of the issue to go to their old discord and provide full logs. This whole process to convince one person years gone to talk to the admins took weeks, while this person continued to groom more people - with a large portion of the server aware of the fact.

I usually silently watch these posts but mr Treshure you speak to my heart when you say to act on intuition and common sense. Waiting for hard lined proof allowed one predator I know to remain on this server for years(I think around 4) with not a single thing done to stop him, while many people knew what sort of nasty, blackmailing monster he was.

simply scrumptious my king

This was amazingly well-said. On a post earlier I spoke about how regular people who play this server feel no hope because the feel like they won't be heard due to the lack of concern. Even with the lack of evidence I've seen these logs and you can tell that the person is rather uncomfortable, and it should be sustainable evidence, especially when multiple people come to light about this situation. 

This is similar to other situations, as I feel the lack of safety for the server in a predominantly teen age group. Although I love this community, I wish I would've known before the lack of safety and the amount of rather weird people on the platform who weren't prosecuted for their actions. We are all humans behind a screen as you said, and the damage done to teens who are groomed/preyed upon is something that can be struggled with for years and years. Teens are underdeveloped and when they're taken advantage of or groomed, it can really **** you up.

All I'm saying is LOTC needs to do something, truthfully, to protect their players.

Thank you for your very nice video. 

Edit: To piggyback off of what Axelu said - I joined the server around 14/15 years old, and as I said before, I wish I knew what the server would hold. The trauma, the feeling of being judged, and the hurt that goes behind grooming/being a victim of predatory behavior can haunt you. For any girl goin' through something similar, my DMs are open, I'm here, and people are here to listen to you and hear your story. Don't be afraid to come forward. 

Thank you so much for this video, blessed