Jump to content

On Safety


Llir
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is a well measured response. It all reads quite well. The one thing I am concerned about though, is if this energy will be held for the foreseeable future. I remember this situation happening a couple times before. A person gets dragged into sunlight, the masses tear them apart, and then the staff team says "I'm sorry, we'll do better". Will this fervor hold? Will the protection of our underage players be held at the forefront of our minds? Only time will tell, I suppose. But so far, I've seen history repeat itself time and time again, here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sergisala said:

That is a question for those who gave him that character, not for the playerbase of Oren who do not decide such things

look man, I get it: player bases don’t get to decide who gets power but badgering admins and staff exclusively is not it 

 

Just now, Malaise said:

Will be interesting see the excuses pile up from within the Orenian community. Hold EVERYONE accountable.


everyone KNEW KP was weird, it was synonymous. But you have the same people who were likely rping with him a week prior joining the NPC horde badgering Joel and admins and staff. You literally can choose to A: RP somewhere else or B: blacklist him. 
 

RP Leadership should be blamed because this isn’t the first time KP was in a position of power, I’m pretty sure he’s been heavily involved in nobility for years, and the church, and military. 
 

yes, staff can ban him, but players have continuously LET him stick around when they could’ve said “we don’t want you in our community, sorry.”

 

but they didn’t

 

it’s only when a few threads and a blog is posted that it’s HEINOUS he wasn’t banned 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Llir said:

We look at the evidence surrounding the report, and I want to highlight what we consider valid evidence in these cases. Yes, screenshots and logs are always the best form of evidence, though there are numerous bans where all we have to go off is victim testimony, and for me that is just as valid as any ‘hard evidence’.

**** you, we both know this isn't true. In the time I've been here alone I can recall multiple controversies where none of the admins did ANYTHING before players forced them to, but perhaps the worst is the case with firegirl who was a known groomer with multiple victims sending in screenshots, and still nothing was done until the forums were blown up with topics for multiple days. And even then, nothing happened, instead there was a massive apology post explaining called something like "a plea for humanity" where you cited exactly that it wasn't "good enough evidence" to not ban an open pedophile off your shit ******* server.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, sergisala said:

yeah but what do you do in that situation, plan a coup like the playerbase just did yesterday? Like, I do not think that the playerbase can be blamed for this. If anything, those to blame would be the Orenian leaders who gave him the character and who allowed him to continue doing all this sh*t during all this time

Fair point, and not all of the players would necessarily know the allegations against the guy. Srry, I'm getting heated, I'm going to step away, have a good night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, breeni said:

okay? If people knew he was a creep for years why did they give him the character? 

well one of the old emperors frequently used the n word and threw around slurs at people so i think the bar has been set pretty low.

 

edit: and THAT shit was made public on a forum post that went unnoticed for months

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Carson said:

well one of the old emperors frequently used the n word and threw around slurs at people so i think the bar has been set pretty low

Well, that, and considering they have an insular inner circle to determine who gets emperor. So folks who are in the "in crowd" get first dibs. It's just scumbag voting for scumbag, essentially. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know my friends wouldn’t want me to say it, but I will regardless. @Venomous_Pup, don’t leak your friend discords if something is said in confidence. 

 

I’m unsure what made you want to rip out a screenshot, and then share it out without providing the full context of the entry. 

 

I find it moronic that people are trying to point fingers at the administration, and specifically Joel. 

 

His comment was not said in bad faith. It was said in a discord with the same players who came together to make the report (and mind you, they came together to make the report because of their genuine belief of wanting to get KP off the server, not because of this orenian thing). The evidence was substantial at best, and it was mainly showing two adults conversing with one being creepy. I hate KP, but it’s just the honest truth. There were no security procedures, and this whole “uh no screenshots but we’ll talk to the victim” thing was not an official way of handling reports, at least not to new administration. The same wouldn’t pass through in real courts, but alas, we’re on minecraft. 
 

As I said earlier, it’s the same players and egirls that used to actively roleplay with him (whilst knowing he was a nonce), that are getting the loudest now. The ones who defended him publicly, and/or turned an eye away because he let them fiddle in the imperial courts. The ones who knew for years, and let him (time and time again) return into positions of power. 

 

P.S the server isn’t deleted, it’s been archived so we could get rid of the leaker (Pup). Hope it was worth it ngl haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

I know my friends wouldn’t want me to say it, but I will regardless. @Venomous_Pup, don’t leak your friend discords if something is said in confidence. 

 

I’m unsure what made you want to rip out a screenshot, and then share it out without providing the full context of the entry. 

 

I find it moronic that people are trying to point fingers at the administration, and specifically Joel. 

 

His comment was not said in bad faith. It was said in a discord with the same players who came together to make the report (and mind you, they came together to make the report because of their genuine belief of wanting to get KP off the server, not because of this orenian thing). The evidence was substantial at best, and it was mainly showing two adults conversing with one being creepy. I hate KP, but it’s just the honest truth. There were no security procedures, and this whole “uh no screenshots but we’ll talk to the victim” thing was not an official way of handling reports, at least not to new administration. The same wouldn’t pass through in real courts, but alas, we’re on minecraft. 
 

As I said earlier, it’s the same players and egirls that used to actively roleplay with him (whilst knowing he was a nonce), that are getting the loudest now. The ones who defended him publicly, and/or turned an eye away because he let them fiddle in the imperial courts. The ones who knew for years, and let him (time and time again) return into positions of power. 

 

P.S the server isn’t deleted, it’s been archived so we could get rid of the leaker (Pup). Hope it was worth it ngl haha

But if it wasn't meant to be secret, then its clearly Problematic. Tbh, nothing stays Secret for long. If you wanna defend your server, Post the Entire context. Y'all keep saying its "Out of context". So prove it is. Instead of just Implying it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, starman1235 said:

But if it wasn't meant to be secret, then its clearly Problematic. Tbh, nothing stays Secret for long. If you wanna defend your server, Post the Entire context. Y'all keep saying its "Out of context". So prove it is. Instead of just Implying it is.

man my breakfast isn't secret but that ain't problematic

(bowl of cinnamon toast crunch)

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Werew0lf said:

I know my friends wouldn’t want me to say it, but I will regardless. @Venomous_Pup, don’t leak your friend discords if something is said in confidence. 

 

I’m unsure what made you want to rip out a screenshot, and then share it out without providing the full context of the entry. 

 

I find it moronic that people are trying to point fingers at the administration, and specifically Joel. 

 

His comment was not said in bad faith. It was said in a discord with the same players who came together to make the report (and mind you, they came together to make the report because of their genuine belief of wanting to get KP off the server, not because of this orenian thing). The evidence was substantial at best, and it was mainly showing two adults conversing with one being creepy. I hate KP, but it’s just the honest truth. There were no security procedures, and this whole “uh no screenshots but we’ll talk to the victim” thing was not an official way of handling reports, at least not to new administration. The same wouldn’t pass through in real courts, but alas, we’re on minecraft. 
 

As I said earlier, it’s the same players and egirls that used to actively roleplay with him (whilst knowing he was a nonce), that are getting the loudest now. The ones who defended him publicly, and/or turned an eye away because he let them fiddle in the imperial courts. The ones who knew for years, and let him (time and time again) return into positions of power. 

 

P.S the server isn’t deleted, it’s been archived so we could get rid of the leaker (Pup). Hope it was worth it ngl haha

@Venomous_Pup

social-credit.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, starman1235 said:

But if it wasn't meant to be secret, then its clearly Problematic. Tbh, nothing stays Secret for long. If you wanna defend your server, Post the Entire context. Y'all keep saying its "Out of context". So prove it is. Instead of just Implying it is.

Nothing Joel said was controversial at all. The screenshots show creepy DMs sent in about a 20 min period to one person claiming to be 20; this is indeed shit proof that the sender is a pedophile groomer like Joel said. Then he questioned the motives of the people posting the thread, which also was absolutely fair for the reasons Werewolf just gave(these same people were happy to buddy-buddy with the same nonce right before). Nowhere in the screenshot did Joel say that nothing happened or that KP wasn't a nonce or whatever else. All the stuff he said is perfectly reasonable.

 

On another note, lol why was Frill just banned for asking why he was banned for posting the very same doc that led to the current fiasco? See here's part of the ******* problem. When an internet badman spreads the doc, then it's smearing and slander. The admins ban him and none of the loudest voices crying out for vengeance now said ONE ******* WORD. And yes, most of you knew about it, don't even try to lie. That doc was all over the place about a year(?) ago now. But ah, when it's politically convenient to throw your pedophile buddy under the bus, only then do you give a shit. And the admins too, who saw this doc as just smearing when someone posted it out of good motivation, but now accept it as honestly trying to protect the community as soon as the pressure's on them.

 

You're pieces of shit. All of you. I've known plenty of people who were banned or threatened with bans for spreading that doc months and months ago. The admins didn't care then, the rabid egirl army didn't care then, many of KP's heirs and advisors who helped lead the charge now didn't care then. None of you gave a flying ****. Full disclosure on my end, all I saw were the screenshots, saw a guy I already didn't like was a creepy weirdo in them, didn't see any proof he was being a pedo beyond that, and just continued to not interact with him. Yet apparently all these people who knew and firmly believed he was a pedo all this long continued to protect, co-operate and interact with him. 

 

A start would be an apology to Frill and all the others who were silenced and punished for starting this crusade before the rest of you decided it was convenient for your own goals, and the Admin Team felt enough heat to finally do something about it. The next thing would be to develop consistent policies about this so this doesn't happen again. And a third would be the whole ******* community to take an introspective look and realise that there are a lot more people involved in harbouring sex pests and creeps in our community than just the Admin Team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going through months/years old evidence and banning two additional people isn't an achievement, and should be seen as a dramatic failure of your team that you allowed these people to exist on your server preying on children for as long as they did. Thanks though.

 

If you want to cultivate a better culture regarding safety, the beginning of that is actually super easy. Just believe victims. Literally just believe victims. I have only ever known of one case on LotC where someone made an allegation like that which was false, and hard evidence existed to the contrary of their claim. Just believe victims.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@argonian being based af in this thread.

 

I said it in a status and I'll say it here. It is the fault of the community if someone lasts 10 years on a server where it's an open secret he's a groomer. Not just the admins. 

 

It isn't hard to type the following: "#looc I'm not comfortable RPing with you. Please leave this convo or I will."

 

And if enough people did that, he'd have been gone long ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Burnsider said:

@argonian being based af in this thread.

 

I said it in a status and I'll say it here. It is the fault of the community if someone lasts 10 years on a server where it's an open secret he's a groomer. Not just the admins. 

 

It isn't hard to type the following: "#looc I'm not comfortable RPing with you. Please leave this convo or I will."

 

And if enough people did that, he'd have been gone long ago. 

But he wouldn't have been gone. Nothing will get done if people tell him they aren't comfortable rping with him. You'd need to tell EVERYONE in every community to sort it, you'd need to speak to admins because its their job to remove the player. But the community does have to speak up about said player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, argonian said:

Already corrected it b4 u hit post but nice one pal

 

you were also emperor when kp was given his prince char lol; you wanna talk about that bud?

kp was always my persecutor, I didn't give him anything
There was an obvious schism and I was not on the azog side

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...