Stuck at a Crossroads | A Holy Knights Choice

Salvius

STUCK AT A CROSSROADS

ZJo-5f5AtPD03Lj-JkiUY2bCLzvlFTIDHR05hINAgN3d6d7goFzNJqpqxGZDBD7KWF5KlZt_JoVp1r0ThvAT1fgzkU8AVkIlDVCDTxS4oX-VDZmRRVBum49oQOhJCTKBC3-Z_yBs

Knight at the Crossroads - Victor Vasnetsov — Google Arts & Culture

14hw6Xzbfnh6ytuHhbmwID15ResS9TcYMFEL_oy1hHBr_3MiMGl2aCRYSdbZcWWXbckVixs8OLJ0tKgG84J6Ey39fBMngGmxcsZpzjh1dkDeI0cse-Zgb4bVaEyrnAiehAd7mSRf

I stand before this canonist crossroad as one who wishes to ask for there to be only one path, or a third direction to go. Yet that is not an option for me due to my title as a Holy Knight, and as an Orenian. I have been asked by the Apostolic General of the Supreme Order of Exalted Knighthood to side with Everald IV, while as an Orenian I have been asked to side with Michael I. I am an unconventional Holy Knight, who uses magic to keep the oath I spoke when I joined the Supreme Order of Exalted Knighthood, and I am being asked to make an unconventional choice that most do not wish to have to make in their lifetime.

Through self understanding, study of Canonist documents and the oath I took, the only choice I can make is to make no choice. Rather than continuing to walk down one of the paths presented before me, I must stand guard at the crossroad helping and assisting all down whichever path they choose. Only when enough people have walked down these paths, walking to the same place, when the path becomes one, then is when I shall choose to continue down this path.

A Holy Knight is entrusted by the High Pontiff to protect the innocent “no matter their rank: beggar and bishop alike.” There are innocent civilians on both sides. Both sides claim the other to have these citizens clouded by Iblees, yet even when these citizens are clouded by Iblees they are still innocent, innocent ones who must be protected until a true path away from Iblees can be produced.

ZJo-5f5AtPD03Lj-JkiUY2bCLzvlFTIDHR05hINAgN3d6d7goFzNJqpqxGZDBD7KWF5KlZt_JoVp1r0ThvAT1fgzkU8AVkIlDVCDTxS4oX-VDZmRRVBum49oQOhJCTKBC3-Z_yBs

Signed,

Thucydides Melphestaus Equester

Holy Knight of the Supreme Order of Exalted Owyn

Edited by Salvius

To Thucydides Melphestaus,

I write to you as a follower of Michael I but a brother in faith, and a fellow citizen of the Empire. I understand the conflict in your heart as it is alike my own. While our eyes may perceive different truths, my heart compels me to assure you that there is no schism between us.

The Emperor does not dictate to you, as you write, to "side with Michael I." The decision must be made in your heart, as a faithful Canonist, as to what you believe; and whichever path you tread, you are not my enemy, nor can any question your loyalty to the Empire for the conviction of your faith.

With prayers for your health,

Aubergine de la Baltas

Blessed Nicolas, once an Equestor-Imperator in the very order of the knight now at the crossroads, looked down upon him from the Seven Skies, smiling grimly, a memory playing in his mind.

"I have been there, Brother. May you find the correct path to choose."

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

Blessed Nicolas, once an Equestor-Imperator in the very order of the knight now at the crossroads, looked down upon him from the Seven Skies, smiling grimly, a memory playing in his mind.

"I have been there, Brother. May you find the correct path to choose."

Hide contents

Padre Javier stands by Holy Sir Nicolas nodding in response stating "All of this has happened before all of this will happen again" 

The retired Equester Hieran nods slowly as he reads his brothers missive

"Very Metaphorical Thucydides" 

He remarks in passing, before putting the missive aside

"The conflict is only natural. The church has given all of us Orenians these contrasting choices"