The Oath Against Modernism

thesmellypocket

INASMUCH as the High Pontiff and most of the clergy have wantonly chosen to fornicate with the spirit of the age rather than remaining faithful to the revealed truths so graciously vouchsafed unto them by Almighty God, it seemed good to me to set out the true position which a faithful Canonist ought to hold. 

"I, [name], profess and believe with complete submission of intellect and will, that, at the command of God, a Priesthood was established for the administration of the Sacraments and the instruction of souls. I believe that this Priesthood will persist until the end of time. I hold as a divinely revealed truth that this priestly authority was reserved solely to adult males, and that therefore it is part of the divine constitution of the Church. Hence any upholding of the reverse, though it come from a superior, cannot be obeyed, for it would really be not obedience, but disobedience, inasmuch as to obey one's superior is to disobey that Superior who established the Church through the Prophets in the first place. Hence obedience to such a thing is really disobedience, and disobedience to such a thing is actually obedience. Those who, though they hold high office, embrace the heresy of denying this truth, are truly rebelling against the Church (not I), for they are rebelling against the Church as it was irreformably constituted. 

On the basis of this oath, I hold any ordinations conferred to the contrary to be utterly invalid. I will not receive "Sacraments" given by women "priests", or those who have been consecrated by female "Bishops," or any who have received ordinations of doubtful validity. I hold the Pontifical teaching to the contrary to be not binding in any sense. I pledge to seek ways to ride out the storm of heresy, to continue to promulgate the true line of the Priesthood, and to restore it to its proper place and glory, once that storm is o'erpast, so help me God, amen."

I remain your humble servant,

Father Petros, Tractarian.

Saints Clement and Everistus, pray for us.

Saints Pius of Sutica and Seraphim of Leora, pray for us.

Saints Kristoff and Jude, pray for us.

All ye holy Priests of God, pray for us.

Leopold  nods as he reads the Oath, finding comfort in the thought that he is not alone in his disapproval of the modernization of Our Holy Mother Church!

Spoiler

unknown.thumb.png.171eb42bd796aac22ea2fd9875bbbc22.png

Cardinal Francis eyes the paper, gives it a single "Huh," before the Clergyman rolls it up in a ball and dunks it in his cloth-covered waste basket. "Truly misguided," he sounds with a shake of his head before suffering a small, but painful gout attack.

"I HATE the Anti-Horen!" yells Jurgen, ducking behind a wall with a crossbow, as Orenian TRANVESTITES try to force him to fund gay Orcish abortions with his tax minae.

Spoiler

065fb6640a91872f60f7d2d0783b5823.png

“I am glad that clergy and good canonist see what has become of our great church. Everyday we stray further from GODANI’s light and into heresy lead by the Pontiff. My loyalty has always been to the church as it was neit what it has become” stated a hieromonk