Gambit

TO THE KINGDOM OF HAENSE
Our Message.

--------------
+

We have captured a soldier by the name of Emil Barclay, our demand is simply:

• Withdraw from the war against Oren
  • Do not assist the Dwed in any way from here on out
  • No citizen of Haense shall volunteer in anyway to wage war against Oren, or assist factions against Oren in anyway.

IF, you fail to meet our demand, Emil Barclay will loose his head, and will be void of a proper Cannonist burial.
    We give the choice to you, simply, and plane. Nothing well.

You do not know where he is, nor where we have taken him. Do not try to be a hero, for it will be his folly.

You have one Saints Hour.

VIVA MERCATORE.

Viktor Bishop frowns from the Seven Skies "Why does the Mercatorii not fight against Oren? Back in my day, we bombed Orenian buildings whenever we had the chance! Now...the MRA is reduced to an Orenian puppet. Hell, they fight for an Excommunicated Emperor, they are no longer true canonists in that regard!" With that, the spirit spit upon the floor, and walked away.

1 minute ago, Javert said:

Viktor Bishop frowns from the Seven Skies "Why does the Mercatorii not fight against Oren? Back in my day, we bombed Orenian buildings whenever we had the chance! Now...the MRA is reduced to an Orenian puppet. Hell, they fight for an Excommunicated Emperor, they are no longer true canonists in that regard!" With that, the spirit spit upon the floor, and walked away.

Spoiler

:(

August Barclay sat at the feast, eventually tuning back into the constant shouting about his brother, Emil's kidnapping. Without a word the boy rose, awaiting his Lord Marshal's command.

52 minutes ago, Gambit said:

IF, you fail to meet our demand, Emil Barclay will loose his head, and will be void of a proper Cannonist burial.
We give the choice to you, simply, and plane. Nothing well.

"So the orenians screech at how they are good canonists and yet they do this, very contradictory!" said Walton.

2021-12-31_15.45.04.png

Filibert Applefoot proudly stands guard at the Urguani gates as the bigger warrior folks head out to rescue the boy!

"We'll keep yew all safe, nay worries! Dem warrior folks will beh back soon, oi'm sure! Den weh can go back ter drinkin'!"

He clutches his shovel a bit tighter, hoping that it wouldn't be long before he'd be back home in Honeyhill.

Adrianna Darkwood née Barclay of Reinmar is slipped the missive under her bedroom door whilst shouting emanates from the halls below. She picks up the piece of parchment and reads it quickly, before letting out a shriek of both fear and hatred for the kidnappers of her beloved nephew. She aggressively grits her teeth, uttering - "Du- Du nein gutte Orenian SCUM! Ich hope Johann takes out his mannen und kill du all, right this moment!"

Luthriel stares in disbelief at the missive.

"Wicked.  Wickedness.  This shall ne be tolerated.  No one from either side shall be slain or harmed unless on the battlefield.  Anything more is repugnant to Godan."

Joseph Clement de Sarkozy sat within the Sarkozy manor as he read the missive. "I am afraid that the hour has passed already - That is one treacherous bastard less, I hope." The young Sarkozy said as he read the letter on a late notice, sipping from his Carrion Black.

Presbyter Ileana breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing of the release of the prisoner. "Though this man fights against my flock, I am exceptionally pleased that these mercenaries, allowed to occupy Orenian land and supporting Orenian causes, have failed to execute this boy. I know that no member of the Faithful in New Providence would ever condone, let alone cheer, a Canonist not being allowed to receive the proper rites and burial. For even the Ferrymen and the Irehearts, rarely friends to the Faith, allow me access to their lands to perform final Ablution on those expected to be executed."

Sigismund breathed a quiet sigh of relief that Emil had been rescued, and the Orenian bandits executed.