[PK] No Dwarf Left Behind

Spoiler

766395768_SeekPng.com_decorative-line-png_143960(1).png.7a8edd0eb8230193ef77dbaab66fec0b.png

Dungrimm's halls await those of a stone heart and iron will...

766395768_SeekPng.com_decorative-line-png_143960(1).png.7a8edd0eb8230193ef77dbaab66fec0b.png

It was meant to be some sort of scouting mission, the details were blurry. Barundin had just spent that morning acting as the King's bodyguard, and had little time to rest before he was set to ride out to the Hollow. Upon arrival, the sights were stark. A foul stench was wrought into the very earth he trod upon, and the air was heavy with dread...

Deeper and deeper into the hollow the company ventured, the fearless dwarfs confident that Dungrimm guided their path, and it was not until it was too late that they realized they had crossed the threshold of no-return. A horrifically terrible screech was sent through the air, and the company beheld their doom.

A three headed monstrosity came into view, pure darkness and tendrils of shadow whipped around it as it's massive wings kept it afloat above the epicenter of the Hollow - presumably from whence it came. Before the company had much time to comprehend the beast, a barrage of lightning bolts were sent towards the descendants.

Some were sent flying, others were relatively unharmed, and it was then that the descendants broke and began to retreat. Barundin saw an opportunity to escape, but looked back to see Kronk Stormheart lay helpless at the bottom of the ravine along with Gwydion Ireheart attempting to assist the injured Grand Marshal. Barundin stopped running, and made his choice...

No Dwarf left behind...

"We cannae leave 'em behoind!" he declared, and made his way down the steep incline. Once there, he assisted Gwydion in getting Kronk on his feet. "Come on ye git! Ye dunnae get te hog all th' gloreh today!" he said as he began to help the Grand Marshal away from the danger.

Such efforts, however, would be in vain. Another, smaller, creature landed not 20 meters away from the trio and began to ready an attack. Kronk made one last valiant attempt to protect himself and his comrades with his magical shield, but the enchantment failed, and caused the shield to blow up, sending all three of the dwarfs onto their bottoms.

Dungrimm's halls awaited...

The beast let out it's horrific blast of voidal lightning, and in a final act of brave defiance did Barundin let loose his polearm towards the beast, landing the weapon into what seemed to be it's neck. 

"DUNGRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMM!!!"

With a final bellowed warcry, Barundin Ireheart let the God of Death know he would be there soon - and he was swiftly turned to ash by the voidal monstrosity...

With that, the story of Barundin Ireheart came to a close.

image.thumb.png.0543a68249faa30873a58df363a5b0f1.png

In his home, a letter sat tucked away in his desk. Though it was riddled with spelling mistakes, the message was clear.

Deer reedar.

If yoo ar reedin this lettar, it liklee meens that I hav met my end, and I hopfooly am dining with Dungrimm. Sins I am nat her to asc yoo of this, plees tayk this lettar as my humbol last reqwest.

I hav a son, hoo I hav kept hiddan frum thes lif, as I did not wunt his yung yeers to be playged by violens. His mothah died durin his birth, and I knew I culd not do it on my own. He livs with the halflins, and will soon reelize he is not won of them. Plees find him, and bring him hom to Urgooawn to be with his kin. His naym is Fundin.

Be the fawthar I culd not be to Fundin.

Signed,
Barundin Ireheart

Spoiler

"Death is just another path, one that we all must take..."

That was a fun character, even if I didn't get to play him much. First dwarf I ever played, and certainly won't be the last. Thanks for the fun memories, I hope anyone who interacted with him enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed playing him.

Also KindEmperor and DCSworld are yellowbellied cowards.

A Du Locian volunteer thanks the Creator almighty for allowing fate to take its course and pick off an Ireheart in Almaris' survival of the fittest. He continued cleaning a cannon, awaiting the day of a Dwarven special operation.

In the halls of Urguan, Jorvin Starbreaker hums a dirge in honor of those Dwarves who fell in battle, before flicking through the Great Book of Grudges to find the page he sought. Over a century ago, the old Starbreaker once fought side-by-side with his Dwarfen kin against voidspawned Neverborn.

Perhaps he would again, before long.

Grimdal Irongut would be higher up the ridge as the situation unfolded... Witnessing an unfathomable power within its own domain...

He wept that day. Perhaps for those who had died. Perhaps because he had lived.

Kronk 'The Grand' Stormheart nudged Barundin with a grin as they stood before Dungrimm in the afterlife. "Could 'aveh went bettah oi tink." Kronk commented with a chuckle before he took a hefty swig of ale, raising his mug into the air.