Jump to content

HIGH SKIES UPDATE


The60th
 Share

Recommended Posts

yes! 

26 minutes ago, PXY said:

 

>ppl will have to ugly-ify their builds as they'll have to build w/ these things (plugins, explosions, and raid ladders) in mind, rather than choosing to build smth that looks nice and is fun to rp in

Now you have to fight away the attackers instead of cowering in your settlement. With our current rules the defender will have the choice to either out pvp or crp the attackers.

2 hours ago, Islamadon said:

I for one welcome the return of button and fence spam, thanks tech team
mfc8S05.png
wsmx47L.png

Edit:
I also welcome slab lips
uKfDmSI.png
6PFI2TK.png

Edit 2:
I also, also welcome the return of slab/stair walls and pvp funnels
FAfWOtd.png

A much easier solution is to simply fight off the attackers with roleplay

2 hours ago, wowj said:

dont like raid ladders, builds ognna be ugly as shit to counter

easy counter crp or pvp them

2 hours ago, Tentoa said:

Builds will now become max height and exceptionally ugly to counteract raid  ladders.

they will probably place signs/ladders instead

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, K_rusader said:

snip

 

>all of this is fine save for explosive crates, they should only be usable in raids

 

I'm not above going to PVP or deal with stuff, I'm on about people going into builds -- and places -- in off-times, breaking in via Raid Ladders and Explosive TNT. Someone with XRay could easily get in, and metagame various stuff.

 

If you want to CRP, or PVP with someone. That's fine, and I don't really mind if people chose to fight or 'cower' in their settlements. All I want is actual RP rather than people staying up when there's only 20 on the server to commit villainry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NPCs please 

 

I feel like the addition of raid crates and ladders just glorify PVP on the server snd will be a horrible addition to it. Now builds will return to be pvp focused, roleplayers will have to fear getting raided by pvp goons who blast through their walls, being a defender doesn’t really matter anymore. I feel like this addition just enables pvp groups and raiders to achieve that they want vis pvp whilst having a heavy affect on roleplay through it. Nevertheless thank you tech team for the endless amount of work you guys do and thank you for hookahs again!

 

On another note will they blow up ST signs, chests, things in item frames, locked doors and gates etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Raid ladders seem pretty cool, though you'd think the situation of which anyone could easily grind to carry stacks of exploding TnTs at a CT shop would warrant a discussion with the community or NLs first

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to lie, Wasnt this the reason why things like volitite/boomsteel are St signed/node locked? I mean cannons aside, dunno how folks will react when some rich guy buys 30 of these raid tnts and just start throwing stuff anywhere.

Whilst illegal (i hope at least), What would happen if these tnt break a chest too? a locked chest, would it delete the items or make everything drop. This would make the server more factions or something like that. (This is speculation, no idea if this has been tested.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, PrinceJose270 said:

Not going to lie, Wasnt this the reason why things like volitite/boomsteel are St signed/node locked? I mean cannons aside, dunno how folks will react when some rich guy buys 30 of these raid tnts and just start throwing stuff anywhere.

Whilst illegal (i hope at least), What would happen if these tnt break a chest too? a locked chest, would it delete the items or make everything drop. This would make the server more factions or something like that. (This is speculation, no idea if this has been tested.)

pretty sure its mechanically impossible also to use stuff like boomsteel it required ro permission

 

Problem is that people just spammed doors and made their settlements giant pvp forts, this is a solution that prevents that

1 hour ago, PXY said:

 

>all of this is fine save for explosive crates, they should only be usable in raids

 

I'm not above going to PVP or deal with stuff, I'm on about people going into builds -- and places -- in off-times, breaking in via Raid Ladders and Explosive TNT. Someone with XRay could easily get in, and metagame various stuff.

 

If you want to CRP, or PVP with someone. That's fine, and I don't really mind if people chose to fight or 'cower' in their settlements. All I want is actual RP rather than people staying up when there's only 20 on the server to commit villainry.

yeah, there is a kind of soft lock so to speak on the explosive crates. I am pretty sure that they are really expensive meaning that they will mostly be used in raids/heists.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, K_rusader said:

yes! 

Now you have to fight away the attackers instead of cowering in your settlement. With our current rules the defender will have the choice to either out pvp or crp the attackers.

A much easier solution is to simply fight off the attackers with roleplay

easy counter crp or pvp them

 

do you know what the point of walls are

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Qizu said:

being a defender doesn’t really matter anymore.

Yeah this change annihilates the defensive PvP advantage in raids and thus something should be added in to give defensive battles a bit of an advantage again.

 

I still think it’s a cool addition but some counterplay for the defenders needs to be put in or there’s no point to defending.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, K_rusader said:

Problem is that people just spammed doors and made their settlements giant pvp forts, this is a solution that prevents that


No it doesn't. It just furthers the arms race between builders and infiltrators which results in larger structures to make explosives futile and limits building options to be anti-ladder.

Edited by Fishy
arms race already exists
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Yeah this change annihilates the defensive PvP advantage in raids and thus something should be added in to give defensive battles a bit of an advantage again.

 

I still think it’s a cool addition but some counterplay for the defenders needs to be put in or there’s no point to defending.

How would you suggest we give players an ability to defend better?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The60th said:

How would you suggest we give players an ability to defend better?

Oil Barrel to use on walls? could be use too make ladders harder to climb or flat out destroys it faster over time. (Just as a rough thought.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, The60th said:

How would you suggest we give players an ability to defend better?

Some sort of deployable area denial to encourage attackers to seek more than one point of entry (something like boiling oil or whatever). The ability to defuse planted bombs to give the defenders the opportunity to nullify damage with a good sally out. Make sure you can't use a shield while climbing a ladder b/c then the defensive advantage of easily shooting at people as they climb up the ladder is too easy to avoid. Maybe if you shoot at a ladder it doesn't build up as fast or eventually gets destroyed entirely. Climbing up a ladder into a melee fight on vanilla Minecraft is much easier than it is IRL, so maybe you should get a surge stun effect for a moment when you dismount from a ladder to represent that, idk. Since players don't collide with one another on LOTC it's not like in Bannerlord where defenders can pick off attackers climbing up a ladder one by one before they gain a foothold; once the attackers get a few people on the walls it becomes a messy blob fight and loads of people can pile in from even a small ladder without worrying about getting pushed off by collisions.

 

Just pitching some ideas here. If attackers can use auto-build ladders to get over any wall design and blow holes through any non-PvP fort wall with explosives, then it is fair to give defenders tools to shut down chokepoints and get easy damage on their enemies as they run around trying to gain entry.

 

Prior to this addition the "defensive advantage" was all passive, unmanned defense that you didn't have to do squat or diddly to obtain for you got it just by having walls your enemy couldn't get over. This gave defenders the ability to pick their battles and only sally out on full health or when they could get key picks on the attackers. With this ability gone, there is no more major advantage to defending instead of taking a field battle, for once a blob fight starts on the walls or in the city square when the attackers inevitably bust in its effectively the same as a blob fight in the fields but in a tighter area. What I want to see change is this old defensive advantage be morphed into a more active defense, where the "defensive advantage" isn't just:

"Well, they can't come here to kill us, so we can stare at them all day long until they get bored and only come out when we think we can kill 'em"

but is instead more like:

"The attackers can come make a breach whenever they want but we have counterplay available to make them suffer losses if they aren't careful"

 

With this change atm the defenders don't have the counterplay available to make the process of breaching a city/fort dangerous and interesting so that's why I think some should be added in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ruh roh im gonna have to make my builds look shittier now 

 

edit: its called high skies because we gonna be building up to height limit against ladders lmao 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...