THE PRECARIOUS CASE OF DU LOCIAN SLIME

warlord of filth

Spoiler

[!]

Found amidst the gelatinous goop that grew within the center of the Lordship of Du Loc's city square: A crumpled letter, next to a bucket helm.  Both rested upon the surface, waiting to be investigated by the most curious of Descendants. The fields outside of Du Loc wilted, and petals began to fall free from flowers. A horrendous smell invaded nostrils: Smelling of rotten vegetables and eggs, and flies swarmed fields and littered them with maggots. 

fIq3AOh.png

THE DU LOC WATCH

1st Quarryville Killers Patrol

THE LUCKY THIRTY-BRAE, DU LOC

From:  Deputy, 1st Quarryville Killers Patrol, The Du Loc Watch

To:  The Office of the Lord Eternal, The Eternal Lordship of Du Loc, Almaris

Subj:  THE PRECARIOUS CASE OF DU LOCIAN SLIME

Encl:  (1) Artist's Depiction of the Slime Covered Square

1.  Good morrow my lord. Although this letter may be for naught, as our Lordship decays before our very eyes. I understand as the Lord of Du Loc, you have a very busy schedule: Fret naught, for I, Deputy Sorden Bord, have took it upon myself to inform you of a recent event befitting investigation. Upon my many patrols of the quiet streets of Du Loc, I took my standard route to the front gates. Although the buzzing of bees have subsided since the Lectorate's departure, a rotten smell blew in from the Southern wind. It smelt of decay... Ash... Mine gaze fell upon the once illustrious fields: Dead. The wheat had wilted, fallen flaccid, and the soil was ripe with maggots. A drought, surely: Perhaps from the strange occurrences surrounding that 'Wizard King' and the Gravel Pyramid... I suppose it's going to start raining frogs next, eh? I digress my lord, what was strange about this occurrence was it happened instantaneously: Nearly in the time of one full patrol around the city.

2.  As I made my way back inside the city, I had spotted a trio lingering inside in the city's square: At last, suspects! The three of them had gathered around an unexplainable anomaly-... Although, many things in Du Loc are quite unexplainable. A poignant smelling, slick, bubbling mass had grown on the surface of our very dirt roads: Weaving in-between the cobbled bricks of Kaer'Lassar... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This goop, or, slime, bubbled with translucent boils: It was maddening. It smelt horrendous, though despite it's odd nature, it didn't look like anything that didn't come out of the sewer before. It's appearance during the outbreak of whatever sickness is ravaging the North is what was odd to me: Surely, a worthy Alchemist could figure out whether they were connected. Attached to this correspondence is an artist's depiction of the slime-covered square: They insisted on this cubism style, claiming it's their real perception of our world. Nevertheless, take a gander when you've the chance my lord. 

3.  Do inform the Lectors that I believe they left one of their strange metal-men inside of their former Temple. It is quite eerie to hear that surreal voice box during the graveyard shift, always droning on about "Daisy, daisy...", It makes the hair standup on the back of my neck. 

(1.)  Artist's Depiction of the Slime Covered Square

3ZsM72T.jpg

The metal Lord of Du Loc frowns as he reads the report. He begins penning a response from his sleepless existence within the walls of Lectorgrad (he checks his mail in Du Loc every few days).

DEAR Deputy BORD,

I find your report MOST troublesome. Slime? Du Loc does not export slime, so where is it coming from? We surveilled the area upon staking and found no such deposits of the sticky substance. Though we nearly had a run in with that schizophrene trying to construct the Underloc with walls caked in the slaeme.

Nonetheless I digress. I will be assigning the men of the 1st Ramsfield Caveborne Troop to begin discerning the location of this slaeme (they failed last year's physical fitness test, and as such will be punished). Inform double-yefreitor Schneider of the Ramsfield unit that him and his men are to be sent into the Underlok to find the source of the slaeme. Your unit will watch o'er the surfactory of Du Loc until I can make arrangements to arrive myself with trusted volunteers souls individuals.

Keep me apprised of the situation as it develops.

Thank you for your diligent service as always, I think a promotion is in order.

Signed,

Lord Eternal of Du Loc Q.C. Brae

Edited by Shorsand

"SLIME?! In OUR Du-LOC?!" The wizard king sees the slime, gazing through his orb from the top of a tower... "It has not been less than a dozen years since the last time Du-Loc has had... Such danger... Such HIGH-ADVENTURE!" The wizard's eyes glow with FURY as he arms himself, staff and crystal ball, to traverse the land and find 'Willing volunteers' BRAVE ADVENTURERS! To join his FELLOWSHIP OF HEROES  for a CLASSIC Du-Loc adventure!