Eye of the Ocean

NLThomas

Spoiler

This ain't a event or anything, only my mad ramblings on the dream of my character. Felt inspired so thought I'll give a shot at some creative writting for once.

7e79c0450f1b853f5e8ba19319cb0da9.jpg

0Hm3A2J.png

There, where the river meets the sea, where the eternal city resides. the place where there are only secrets, & the citizens don’t frown so much, but they hardly smile either. Possessions are plenty and doors remain unlocked for there is no desire unfulfilled, for there is no theft where there is no desire.  Though, in the streets of the eternal city, there is a never ending fog. Within every drop, the water reflects all, glasses of water in the bedsides ringing the mumbled untold secrets of the denizens that admit their secrets as they sleep. 

From far yonder, down the roads of gravel and ash, from the puddles that lie quiet. They watch as disputes and Tales of love spill from their lips. From port and harbor, oceans lie quiet, listening to the clashes and disputes over the worth of the aquatic beings.

Yet those that hold no access to its omniscient visions, they remain unknown to its mysteries. For all they know is the bliss that has been granted upon the eternal city, the ever stale city where none is without their desires.

A wanderer, adorned in black cloth, wanders the streets of the eternal city. A citizen , questioning the state of the city he grew up in. But none of the other citizens dared or could answer such question. For why ever question the bliss the city has been granted. It was upon the beach, the wanderer stood staring out to the water. Ever starring and pondering upon the secrets of the town with many secrets. And it was then, the miracle faltered for a mere moment. The great hungry Eye peered up from the ocean, staring at that elf. Ever hungry that eye starred, and all the elf could do was yell:

These are secrets! My secrets! And my secrets are all I have!

From the ocean, dark shadowy tendrils shot out of the deep dark ocean to take hold of that ungrateful elf. Pulling and dragging them through the sand, far below the surface of the water where light dare not enter.

An eye. Massive in size, its gaze soul piercing, the all knowing creature of the depths stares up to the elf, ever hungry to know more. The creature that never sleeps, never falters and always listens and sees, its mind unjudging and ever hungry. Only hungry for knowledge, but what knowledge… all knowledge. Be it the food you had last night or memories of poor decisions. The letter you wrote but never sent or the letter you received but never did answer. The family you wish to create or that family you wish to cut out of your life like a tumor. It ever consumes and feasts upon the secrets of the denizens of that eternal city. 

It was there, the eye brought the wanderer. So far below the surface that the weight of the water alone pushes the air out of one's lungs, choking upon the water for that is all they could gasp for yet the wanderer could never die. And within his mind the booming voice of that eternal eye spoke, inducing a headache purely from having it projected into their thoughts. And the watcher, holder of all secrets and knowledge of the eternal city spoke out to the elf:

You ungrateful little insect. For what pretty things I have granted you. For what peace time I have given you. For what love I have shown you-

Two Eyes in the dark shoot open. The once dreaming figure now in a cold sweat, awakened from the nightmare. Heavy anxious breathing came from the elf, ever fearful yet curious of what lies deep beneath the sea… where light dared not travel.  

0Hm3A2J.png

Man this dream ramble is actually cool