Dantory

Discord:

Dantory#5220

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/a1c2581e4b729e9e95d4cd6697ea968d-png.jpg

What circumstances led to this ban?

My friends and I had a inside joke about our archduchess Tillydactyl rpname Renilde the First. We worshipped her character irp during a downtime night at 2AM. My friend Exogens put illusion magic upon my friend Arygon. Arygon turned into Renilde the First. Led to meme rp and MikhaiI creating an ftb emote. Everyone involved in the rp was within a discord call.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I can agree that the roleplay is weird. I've been pretty far removed from community views on this server for some time. I'm not used to how this new direction LOTC has been going in. This meme rp would've maybe been acceptable back when I was playing, although now I see it's a negative influence on the server and the community I was apart of. As for the future, I'd just be mindful of bringing that kinda rp into the server. One thing I do disagree with, is how the ban was handled. I wish I could've received more insight on my ban, as I got banned mid-rp. I was left in the dark for the past couple days, and only just now learned I was banned for a month. I disagree for my ban-length, and severity.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I would like to play with my friends, and do tavern roleplay.

Attach other relevant information.

I do like minecraft rp, it's fun. I like playing my tavernkeep with my three sons, and two daughters.

Dantory and I have known each other for much longer than a brief few years. Throughout the years, I've known Dantory to have been one of my most genuine friends, always telling me shit straight up. He kept me in line, and helped me grow into the roleplayer, and community member that I am today. Him being banned is truly a grave injustice that shows a callousness high up in the staff team. I truly believe that Dantory's actions do not warrant such a ban

As one of the players involved within the ban, if you want my complete honesty, Dantory was pretty much one of the least people involved with such immature RP. Dantory and I have grew very close in a matter of weeks and knowing him well enough he would never be a harm to anyone, especially the community. If anyone here reads this, Dantory is a gem and he doesn't deserve to be treated by anyone like that. It would be appreciated if this appeal was looked over with consideration for a chance for him to get early unbanned.

Honestly, this is a disgrace. Me, Dantory and Mikhail are all veteran members of over five years in this community, we've been friends for longer than that. I agree with what Dantory said about the 'new direction' of the server and how back in the day when we were still new here that this wouldn't have been that serious of an offence. Even in the instance that this wasn't acceptable back in the day when all of us were still fairly new in the community, it would've been considered a minor misconduct at worst. One could argue with whoever decided on the ban that there have been instances of more heinous rule violations in the past that have usually concluded with a fast unban of the offender.

Which brings me to my BIG question, why are my dear friends banned and I'm not, I was just as involved in this as they were. Also, the thing that really gets my brain ticking, if we were all under an investigation ban why wasn't I contacted or asked a single question regarding the events that led to the banning of myself and my friends.

If my acquaintances are not unbanned than you should definitely ban me alongside them.

Warm regards,

Arygon

Free the lads brah. Was just some meme roleplay between friends. No one was hurt, no one was a victim. Everyone was communicating. Unfortunately due to activity checks, and everything else including the boredom of current LOTC. Theres not much to do and at times things get out of hand which should not deserve such lenghty bans.

11 minutes ago, DeusVult said:

Surely people who are commenting know the full situation and not LoTC telephone version

im replying solely with info provided by the ban-ee (the banned?)

turns out, even through the lens of a non-con fetishization apologist, and the dampening of generalized downplaying on their part

it still sounds horrific!

nice edit tho, my favorite punctuation mark is . too

Just now, thequeennadine said:

turns out, even through the lens of a non-con fetishization apologist, and the dampening of generalized downplaying on their part

I edited this post because it was out of pocket. We are taking attention away from the ban appeal, and causing unnecessary toxicity. 

Claimed

You will receive a response within 72 hours.

2 hours ago, thequeennadine said:

Taking into consideration your previous points and thought on the situation - I am unsure if it is right to regard an individual as a 'non-con fetishization apologist' if they had not directly done what you and many others deem as abhorrent. From what we know. While I agree that the length of the ban for Mikhail is justifiable as it seems he had done the FTB emote, I do not encourage making such a remark towards an individual who seems who have just been wrapped into the prior meme rp. I am unsure when they use the term "worship" If it has sexual or lewd connotation before the point of the FTB emote. But this is the primary reason as to why I did not make a comment originally in regards of this appeal. While I do not approve of the meme rp, I do agree that the ban was perhaps treated unfairly. 

Why? As established above one of the members who had participated in the roleplay are not yet banned, two of the individuals who participated just in the general meme rp - but not the direct FTB emote as we know - have the same ban length as the individual who made the emote, and the seemingly lack of communication in-between staff and player. 

Our information is very limited when it comes to this situation; we do not know the opinion of the player of Renhilde, we do not know the full context of the meme rp, we only know few facts brought to us. So, while it is reasonable to bring up the fact this is a red flag. Is it truly reasonable to go out of the way to regard someone as a 'con-con fetishization apologist' when replying solely with the info provided by the banned individual that doesn't convey full-bodied information but clarifies they were not the one who had done the FTB emote? 

I'd like your opinion on this. 

Here is my hot take, as this is heavily involves my character and members of the Petra community:

Before the bans were dished, I spoke to Mikhail, Exo, and Dantory in a private DM. I told them how I felt, which was just weirded out, and a extremely disappointed that they went against the LotC community rules & guidelines. By NO means do I feel like they're creeps, sex fiends, harassers, or anything of the like. They each apologized to me, and I continue to talk to them day to day in the hopes that, when the ban is lifted, they will return to LotC.

Here is the screenshot of me chiding my boys:

Spoiler

27fce98cdc69e1be7749f532f1d0859d-png.jpg

Despite the conduct these three displayed that night (in the middle of the night, in #q, bothering no one while being cringe in a VC between themselves), they have been core members of the community we're building in Petra; Exo who most recently was our mayor and surgeon-general, Mikhail being one of the Sons of Petra who was always so reliable, and Dantory who was our tavern-keep and kept the town poppin'. 

I understand that these guys broke the server rules, and I will be the first to tell them and the community that. As a nation leader, I have to hold the server's rules above all else in order to make this community a safe place for everyone involved - and that has been my goal from day one. However, that being said, I do not believe that these guys pose a threat to that safety. Yes, the RP they did was fuckin weird, it broke the rules, and for that they have been punished with a monthlong ban. I'm not sure what more I can say in hopes to reduce that ban other than that I have forgiven these guys, and they have promised to me that they will do better. I do not feel personally attacked, victimized, harassed, or anything of the sort in one bit. I understand that sometimes people get carried away in these situations with their buddies egging them on, take it too far, and end up facing consequences that either don't fit the situation, or do but they brand the 'offender' as a certain type person (pest, toxic, harasser, etc.). I do not want either of those outcomes to apply to this situation.

The rumor mill runs strong on LotC, so I would like to debunk this one. These guys, while not completely innocent, are not bad dudes or a threat to the community's safety. I think this situation sucks, but will teach them a lesson in what the community expectations are, and what acceptable behavior is. I hope that they can be integrated back into the community once their ban is up, and I hope that you, admins/moderation team, would consider reducing the length of this ban after bearing in mind the harm it could have done, and weighing it against the harm that was actually done (which was little to none.).

Best of luck, Dantory, Exo, and Mikhail. I hope this matter can be resolved here soon.

Mr. Dantory is the author of the single greatest LOTC news outlet, "The Metagame." If he is unbanned, it will boost $MTG prices.

Denied, please wait for your appeal date listed on your ban.