exogens

Discord:

exo#1552

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/a1c2581e4b729e9e95d4cd6697ea968d-png.jpg

What circumstances led to this ban?

It was 2 AM, when only 10 people were online pretty much. Me and my close friends, Dantory, MikhaiI and Arygon were goofing and messing around with each-other in Petra in voice chat. We decided to goofily roleplay by starting the 'love the arch-duchess' fan-club. A few roleplay happened midway which was sort of irrelevant to the ban. Fast forwarding to the important part, on where why we all ended up banned, I performed an illusion spell on Mikhail, which turned Arygon, who was in armor into the Arch-duchess in a Marilyn Monroe pose, then Mikhail out of the blue decided to f2b with the illusion as a joke.
From my side, at-least, I did not know that this would have been escalated instantly before it was too late that when the message was sent. I tried to keep, and I think I have kept everything in the line of PG. However, I am at fault for sure for being the 'motivator' of such silly roleplay. If I have not been there, or performed the illusions, none of us would be in this awkward position.
I hope this ban, despite how embarrassing it is, will be a lesson to every single person here on LOTC where they should always be professional, even when joking around your friends, and to always think about all future scenarios that will happen, before sending anything in roleplay, just to be safe that everyone in said roleplay will not get punished, and incase any of your friends say something, correct them on the spot, and advise them before moderation do it in a different manner.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I agree with every aspect of the ban. At the first few days, or well, week of the ban, I was oblivious as I did not see or understand why we were banned in the first place, as I thought it was just a simple childish joke. I also was talking to my friends on how I thought the management was not doing a good job in handling this ban as it appeared to be rushed, but looking back to all of this now, I know that we deserved to get banned and that we cannot blame anyone but ourselves. What I do not understand is, how would we harrass anyone when nobody but us we're in the roleplay. I mean, I know the illusion was of the player, tillydactyl, who was very disappointed in us for being that silly, but she was not offended by any of us. I also do ask/disagree on why did everyone get equal punishments within the ban? Like, I agree all of us were banned equally for being apart of that said roleplay, but some of us, like Dantory, was banned while he did not do much compared to the others.

Other than that, I do apologize to everyone here once again, especially to tilly and the moderation team on where I was blindfolded to the facts at first, before waking up and realizing my mistakes of being apart of said roleplay, even though my actions did not intend to harm anyone, nor make anyone uncomfortable. To those who know me already, they already know I am always genuine with my actions and I always goof off, and sometimes I act before thinking.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I miss being around my friends and doing my usual mineman jobs and tasks. My main motivation right now is the close friends who want me to return to have fun with them once again and to hang out with them in my free time. My motivations are also by helping the nations I am apart of, especially Petra and Sedan with their declining activity. I want to finish the things that I was working on pre-ban. I miss the server and hopefully when this ban is reviewed I have already became a better version of myself than I was a month ago, as the ban was long enough for me to think about my mistakes and to accurately judge myself, without being biased towards myself or without the sense of rush of thought.

Attach other relevant information.

Nothing else is really relevant except that I do apologize once again, and please, do not bombard the comment section of negativity if you were not around to hear the full story or see the logs yourself, as I have done a mistake, but not a grave one, where little to no harm was done except that I simply did the illusion and made myself look like a fool, win stupid games, win stupid prizes.

For Moderation: Feel free to lock the comments or make it private if the comments spam the forums, and take your time with checking the appeal, but please check it as soon as possible as I want to return to my friends before school starts again for them. Whoever reads this, thank you for your time, effort and consideration.

Edited by exqoisite

Free my brotha, he was a voidal mage but besides that he did nothing wrong

Not to spam, but speaking with Exo personally after his ban, he's definitely realized what he did was wrong and Tilly doesn't seem to be upset by the actions, which is important to note since it was HER character who was used in the roleplay. The comfort of other players, while important, shouldn't be a factor in this appeal considering no one was used in the roleplay except those who got banned and the player herself, Tilly. If Tilly comes forward with contradictory information about her comfort levels, only then should the ban be lengthened or refused appeal.

Repost of what I said on Dantory's appeal:

Here is my hot take, as this is heavily involves my character and members of the Petra community:

Before the bans were dished, I spoke to Mikhail, Exo, and Dantory in a private DM. I told them how I felt, which was just weirded out, and a extremely disappointed that they went against the LotC community rules & guidelines. By NO means do I feel like they're creeps, sex fiends, harassers, or anything of the like. They each apologized to me, and I continue to talk to them day to day in the hopes that, when the ban is lifted, they will return to LotC.

Here is the screenshot of me chiding my boys:

Despite the conduct these three displayed that night (in the middle of the night, in #q, bothering no one while being cringe in a VC between themselves), they have been core members of the community we're building in Petra; Exo who most recently was our mayor and surgeon-general, Mikhail being one of the Sons of Petra who was always so reliable, and Dantory who was our tavern-keep and kept the town poppin'. 

I understand that these guys broke the server rules, and I will be the first to tell them and the community that. As a nation leader, I have to hold the server's rules above all else in order to make this community a safe place for everyone involved - and that has been my goal from day one. However, that being said, I do not believe that these guys pose a threat to that safety. Yes, the RP they did was fuckin weird, it broke the rules, and for that they have been punished with a monthlong ban. I'm not sure what more I can say in hopes to reduce that ban other than that I have forgiven these guys, and they have promised to me that they will do better. I do not feel personally attacked, victimized, harassed, or anything of the sort in one bit. I understand that sometimes people get carried away in these situations with their buddies egging them on, take it too far, and end up facing consequences that either don't fit the situation, or do but they brand the 'offender' as a certain type person (pest, toxic, harasser, etc.). I do not want either of those outcomes to apply to this situation.

The rumor mill runs strong on LotC, so I would like to debunk this one. These guys, while not completely innocent, are not bad dudes or a threat to the community's safety. I think this situation sucks, but will teach them a lesson in what the community expectations are, and what acceptable behavior is. I hope that they can be integrated back into the community once their ban is up, and I hope that you, admins/moderation team, would consider reducing the length of this ban after bearing in mind the harm it could have done, and weighing it against the harm that was actually done (which was little to none.).

Best of luck, Dantory, Exo, and Mikhail. I hope this matter can be resolved here soon.

I know Exo and have spoken to him about this before. He truly regrets his actions. He’s not a bad guy, he can just be immature sometimes but at least he is learning from his mistakes.

Any repeat of this type of behavior shall be met with a far worse punishment. You're not off the hook. You will be kept an eye on. 

Unbanned.