Half a Century Later

tcs_tonsils_

J9q-Tv4Vj6ubUiam029aLZL9sfoKs3eNWIRh9ujWdTcql_KB3WKK34lyaeOTZZdY1CCmkLF2sQmGsrdFhzK3XIgSRh1XUNR4BVZkyRJw0wfFtzEfqZoGcBA70X-j_iAvKa3ZcxDpkbf26_m8tm8VDN_DRW3WtZPXekTwvU4wsOEqUyy6Wn_JCgMi7sCjZA

Half a Century Later

By

Borris Iver Kortrevich, KML

ON THIS 8TH OF VYZMEY AG HYFF, 461 E.S.

lsiMTJXQ7C-q2jyv8-HOdcicXJjoeonbFdESO2SpU_2nGJGT-AyDCzrkh-lTh24DbdWiqwPKSDbeoVM1z8ceJTjkyq7Nq4sgP-jhYYTiRMv141CqqYF_rQzjDY-mpzLJwQxjrJa2EU7hJmyU6yesHhAqRnfVoJEHaE9oucsEKJndR_t9j0mgdhNOZJIGKg

Short Introduction

Spanning back to the reign of King Sigismund III, I have been publishing poetry since I was but a child. When I was young, I was enraptured by Haeseni who had published their own works, not only poetry, but paintings and writings. When I peered upon the works of the late Van Jungingen and Feodar May, I was taken aback by how words could be woven into such beautiful pictures. It led me to a passion for the lyrical arts. I followed suit, hoping to make the same words come off the page with a breath of life. 

I wrote my first poem, Gone, in 411 ES. By the next year, I had written three more. I published my first work titled A Selection of Poetry from Borris Iver Kortrevich - Volume 1 on a very rainy day in 412 E.S. Since that time, I have had the pleasure to write time and time again, not only in a personal capacity, but in an official one. I have been able to write many times for the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, for the Order of the Crows, and for the Royal Courts. However, through my lifetime of writing, I have never been more honored than when I was able to write for my Kings. 

In fifty years, I have published 169 pieces of poetry. That is about 2630 line and about 23,500 words. Yet there is room for so much more, and I shall take the time to convert those thoughts into words upon paper.

lsiMTJXQ7C-q2jyv8-HOdcicXJjoeonbFdESO2SpU_2nGJGT-AyDCzrkh-lTh24DbdWiqwPKSDbeoVM1z8ceJTjkyq7Nq4sgP-jhYYTiRMv141CqqYF_rQzjDY-mpzLJwQxjrJa2EU7hJmyU6yesHhAqRnfVoJEHaE9oucsEKJndR_t9j0mgdhNOZJIGKg

Poetry

Volumes of Poetry

Volume I………Published 412 E.S.

Volume II……...Published 413 E.S.

Volume III…….Published 414 E.S.

Volume IV…….Published 415 E.S.

Volume V……..Published 416 E.S.

Volume VI…….Published 417 E.S.

Volume VII……Published 418 E.S.

Volume VII.VPublished 419 E.S.

Volume VIII…..Published 420 E.S.

Volume X……..Published 422 E.S.

Volume XI…….Published 423 E.S.

Volume IX…….Published 421 E.S.

Volume XII……Published 425 E.S.

Volume XIII..Published 429 E.S.

Volume XIV.Published 432 E.S.

Volume XV...Published 435 E.S.

Volume XVI…..Published 436 E.S.

Volume XVII....Published 439 E.S.

Volume XVIII...Published 443 E.S. 

Volume XIV.…..Published 459 E.S.  

Volume XX.…...Published 459 E.S.

Volume XXI.….Published 460 E.S. 

Collections of Poetry

THE HAESENI PAPYRUS: VOLUME ONE

THE HAESENI PAPYRUS: VOLUME TWO

The Silver Crows Anthology

The Iron Crows Anthology

Anthems of Brotherhood: 

War of the Whigs

Anthems of Brotherhood:

Songs of the Sword

Singles

I Hate You 

Simply Joy 

I Love You 

Union of House Carrion

Oede va Koeng Sigismund III 

The Dawning of a New Day

The Tale of  Johann Barclay 

Call of the Weary 

Ballad to the Haeseni People

A Call to Crusade

Light's Faithful Triumph

Oede va Koeng Karl III

SIGNED,

HIS LORDSHIP, Borris Iver Kortrevich, KML

Battle-Bard of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, Knight-Bard of the Order of the Crow, and Court-Poet of Hanseti-Ruska.

Spoiler

OOC:

It has been such a fantastic year… I honestly never thought I would write this much, let alone that writing being poetry. Before this, I wouldn't say I liked poetry greatly, but I have come to find solace in writing. I appreciate all my support over 2022 and look forward to writing more for the community as time goes on. 

Some Stats and Facts about the Works

First Piece: Gone

Favorites: Oede va Koeng Sigismund III & I Hate You

Least Favorites: Blight of a Fallen Angel & Blacksmith

Most Popular: I Hate You

Longest Piece: Death at Eastfleet  [450 Words]

Longest Anthology: The Silver Crows Anthology [16 Poems | 3750 Words]

Last Piece of 2022: Light’s Faithful Triumph

First Piece of 2023: Oede va Koeng Karl III

Average poems/week: 3.25

Average poems/month: 14.08

Dietrich Van Jungingen looks on from the Skies. He moves himself to tears through his contemplation of the beauty and power of poetry, through his awe of the written and the spoken word. He is awed by Haense's new Great poet. He sighs deeply, and smiles an old, bittersweet smile.

Speechless man... I mean, holy smokes! All the times you said I was a decent writer; I have nothing on something like this! This is amazing brother! Proud to have worked with you in the past!

With awe, Alyona Godunov looked through the poetry collections of Borris Iver Kortrevich. Having only recently learnt to read and write in the last year, she felt the need to educate herself on the literary arts to further help her understand the world better. A dull candle's flame burned in the midst of the night. She flicked a page over in the nook of her reading corner, inspired. 

I love Alamo.

Eileen Kortrevich looked upon the collection of works with such a great expression of joy and admiration. The man that had stood by her, and she him, for decades was truly a master poet.