A LACK OF GUIDANCE

Harald

72B0WKh1ulKZ_-G9OPGYTBa9iT4K3O3a-fhgV__8gD1vsx1BvyhE_jrr5ZRB_4Zj2sd8UCpMnIKqHYE7IHOxDxQcbaGySky8gQkFyA6zhdqPIo0rjenlE2-jefYiFMov9P7PsxhGrGsbInIiPn6dcwkBIYcW5ffjKpwigHU1Ow8HLjFD5YdIMcFxmk8xRw

Imminuta autem ductu

“A lack of guidance”

13th of Harren's Folly 1908

IhlAF6r0IlW5B0mEeIa860jH7Ib_arvre2ilEZ-f4YRG9d1ahqpEQ2ypQuOes8yhXU2ax4xrE9tKloc5k4MXtYBq3auV5p4AQ6D0f5y6tFv5mWlse24TIMAlkte-nWWG7Gj4b-mjMLwE852IlpqM4VhMar1R4m2KwGObN9t_Zg8eIAfyHvTjntXwZHbrVw

“Andrik Otto, the lone Acolyte circa, 1890”

72B0WKh1ulKZ_-G9OPGYTBa9iT4K3O3a-fhgV__8gD1vsx1BvyhE_jrr5ZRB_4Zj2sd8UCpMnIKqHYE7IHOxDxQcbaGySky8gQkFyA6zhdqPIo0rjenlE2-jefYiFMov9P7PsxhGrGsbInIiPn6dcwkBIYcW5ffjKpwigHU1Ow8HLjFD5YdIMcFxmk8xRw

It's been over a decade since I moved into the Commonwealth of Petra and during these years I have not seen a figure of the cloth more than once or twice. A lack of Acolytes in the gatherings of people. But is this lack of Acolytes due to a lack of faith or a lack of guidance? Because when it comes to the faith of the Petran people there is nothing lacking, they pray with one another, gather in their chapel, all without the guidance of us, the people of the cloth.

Having held a vote some years ago, the leaders of this great little nation asked the public “Would you want to see a more active clergy and faith in Petra?” To this, 78% of the votes were in favor.

The lack of faith in our home is no longer something I can sit and watch from the side. It's due to this that I have chosen to pick up the rags of the priests who came before me. My cross no longer hanging safe behind my armor but from this day clearly shown around my neck and above my robes. 

After all, are these not the most important duties of the cloth? Are we not to guide and aid the noble flock of GODs children? To keep them on a straight path, one in prosperity and joy? I believe so, as it is written in the Holy Scroll of Gospel, 

In the kingdoms of Horen, he mingled strange and corrupt practices with the wisdom of holy men.” 

Scroll of Gospel, 5;34

Take on these words as it is our duty as the shepherds of God under the guidance of his elected Vicar to rid the world of strange and corrupt practices with the wisdom of Him as his holy men and shepherds of the flock.

Written by,

Acolyte Andrik Otto

"Well said! Perhaps this will encourage the so-called clergy to climb down from their ivory towers,"

Sir Arthur remarked, following his reading of the missive.

A Hobgoblin emerges from the shadows of a forge, covered in soot and wounds from difficult work. 

"Ghoraza will aid the faith of the cubs of Horen." 

The loud churning of metallurgy and forging echoes from the jungles of the Horde, and the great work begins.

"What we see and hear are sometimes most different. We see missives whining about the lack of clergy AND the presence of foreign clergy, some strange fiction about priestly palaces, but we hear insults, levied towards the Church and the High Pontiff himself in person. We also hear NO words from the Petran flock, no requests for clergy, no requests for guidance, no requests for us to lend an ear to them..." Cardinal Viktor sighs "It seems to be an issue of the Petrans pushing us away, and then being surprised when we are not within reach. We would welcome them into our arms and embrace them, if they would choose to do the same..." Cardinal Viktor sighs, praying that Petra choose to attempt to open the door to the Church, before complaining that the Church has not yet entered

Cardinal Viktor also prays for Acolyte Andrik Otto, hoping that he will be welcomed by the people of Petra and do the good work many other Clergy were pushed away from doing

Ledicort Vuiller sits his office, watching outside as the hardworking Balianites rebuild their city. He would look to his dog after reading the missive, uttering unto himself "Once Balian had a lack of true representation within the church, for we had no cardinal actively working in our community. However, once Cardinal Teodosio took up the cloth and actively worked to make our lands pure and holy once more, such changed." The man would shrug looking for his cane to stand himself up, continuing his thinking out loud "Perhaps if Petrans sought out church members to become acolytes of the church and worked hard like Cardinal Teodosio, this would not have been an issue."

Teodosio would read over the so-called thesis chuckling to himself, "Ah ai... Guidance. Would of been a lot easier if snide comments were not constantly being made towards the church. Sets a bad example fer the population when it's leaders and so called Canonist Prince is making these remarks. Rubs off on the population and makes the church feel unwelcomed." He sighs continuing to read over the thesis and comments to himself again, "I fer one am happy to assist in developing an active clergy if the Petrans allows me. They do need help. I would like to set a good example unlike the little help I got given from my superior when I first joined the church in Atrus."

The Vicar of God, High Pontiff abroad in Formosa, to rest his weak old bones took a moment to comment on the thesis

"Canonist theses' purpose is to publish ones research into the faith, and develop ideas and ones findings. Not to lodge complaints or even compliments, for the exploration of the faith.

But acolyte raises a valid point: where is the clergy in Petra?

We have made it clear that we seek prospective acolytes to become priests, for without them the Church will surely die! Yet when myself and Cardinal Viktor went to Petra some years ago to do exactly that, we were not welcomed at all, in fact we felt ill treated to say the least and unwelcomed.

This event does not mean we have a disdain or hatred for the good Petrans, in fact we wish to improve relations and settle priests there. But the fact of the matter is that we will force no priests to a place they do not want to be, and allow them somewhat to choose their own mission. And so far we have no priests willing to settle in Petra, wishing to tend to the Canonists elsewhere. We have learned however that there are two new acolytes from Petra. They shall be watched with great interest

We gladly accept constructive criticisms and wish to improve the religious health of all Human princedoms."

Upon wrapping up dinner with his family, Louis would be approached by an aid whom bought him a copy of the theses.“Wise words are written upon the page before me.” He would glance towards his wife as continued, “It does bother me truly that the Holy Mother Church ignores a Canonist state in our own, I shall hope that it change in rapid pace.” 

"This is all we want," the archduchess claimed before her council after scanning the missive. "We do not wish to throw stones at the church, good people; we wish for our homeland to be accepted and no longer ignored by GOD's disciples. Why must we venture to Aaun or Haense in search of a man of the cloth for a simple wedding, only for that man to be late and deep in his cups? We've been made a mockery of here, and it is constantly played off as us 'pushing the church away', and straying from GOD."

Renilde sent down her fist 'pon the table, causing the glassware to shudder. Eyeing each one of her councilors with a fierce glare, she continued in an even tempered voice. "I'm afraid, however, that it is the other way around. We've been first ignored by GOD's alleged loyal servants, made a mockery of, and then targeted by this inquisition of theirs, each victim they traumatize being close to the heart of Petra. At what point will it all stop? At what point will they allow us to worship Canon just as we've been asking to for the better part of the decade? All we want is to host mass for our people and to have a reliable, Petran cardinal to confide in. We must press on, for our ultimatum is not out of the question."

That steely gaze met each Round Table Councilors' individually, and deliberately, before she demanded of her assembly as a whole, "Are you with me?"

Aye.” Replied Renilde’s Mistress of the Wardrobe, herself the illegitimate great-niece of the Pontiff himself.

"Rather ironic, Petra want to pick their own clergymen but start crying when they realise there is nobody for them to choose." remarked Arold.

With the Chapel of Saint Emma, the Princess of Sedan sat in the pews, a low murmur was given in prayers. She signed the cross of Lorraine and rose from the pew. Her gaze settled onto the altar at the center of the chapel and the cross beyond. "May you guide us when others will not. The scrolls are where we find our answers, where we find our light and ensure we do not stray from the path of virtue. The path of the Petra, the vision of Temesch et Moere, a virtuous path in the web of existence."

1 hour ago, tilly said:

"This is all we want," the archduchess claimed before her council after scanning the missive. "We do not wish to throw stones at the church, good people; we wish for our homeland to be accepted and no longer ignored by GOD's disciples. Why must we venture to Aaun or Haense in search of a man of the cloth for a simple wedding, only for that man to be late and deep in his cups? We've been made a mockery of here, and it is constantly played off as us 'pushing the church away', and straying from GOD."

Renilde sent down her fist 'pon the table, causing the glassware to shudder. Eyeing each one of her councilors with a fierce glare, she continued in an even tempered voice. "I'm afraid, however, that it is the other way around. We've been first ignored by GOD's alleged loyal servants, made a mockery of, and then targeted by this inquisition of theirs, each victim they traumatize being close to the heart of Petra. At what point will it all stop? At what point will they allow us to worship Canon just as we've been asking to for the better part of the decade? All we want is to host mass for our people and to have a reliable, Petran cardinal to confide in. We must press on, for our ultimatum is not out of the question."

That steely gaze met each Round Table Councilors' individually, and deliberately, before she demanded of her assembly as a whole, "Are you with me?"

Cardinal Viktor and the rest of the Church will sit and wait patiently for a Petran to join the clergy, as they have been for the better part of the decade