Report (Monkelives, Laeothan_, Sug_, Sam33497, dreameater145, XxXRiderXxX)

lemonke

Player(s) Involved

Monkelives, Laeothan_, Sug_, Sam33497, dreameater145, XxXRiderXxX

Explanation

So, first and foremost, I would like to address that being an unfamiliar player or a child shouldn't be an excuse for bad behavior. Yes, we ought to be lenient, but there is a limit when the aforementioned new player becomes a problem for other people, forcing them into uncomfortable situations. This is why I will make this report in the hope he'll get warned and GUIDED to a better way of roleplaying. I'm not staff, so I can only talk to him. Even though this is a CT's issue where new players are not taught how Lotc's culture works and are simply thrown in. The report is for Dreameater145 and XxXRiderXxX, they have done some poor villainy but as what I explained below, the villainy is not the problem itself. For the record, this forced-conflict happened in a time where for some was late and for others was early, so bear patience for everyone involved, please!

So, It begins with my character being rude to dreameater145's character. Once again, it's all IC:

[26mar2023 10:20:10.360] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [Ava Ranaleth] ': “I don't think so. Scars don't make your eye look like you shoved an alchemical symbol into your eye.” The Ranaleth pointed a steel finger in the direction of her own scar, before continuing to mander into the tavern.

[26mar2023 10:13:48.048] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [Red & scar eye] Nethrenduil Mornethiel ignoring the coments of basic *****es.

[CHAT] [Red & scar eye] Nethrenduil Mornethiel can't hear the wurds of wyrms.

I can find my second insult but it was not in [!] so It was clearly my character. But it's the reason why he emoted the second remark, wurds of wyrms. I can always look for it in the logs, if needed.

As you can see, my insults IC were met with actions that were mostly OOC since they were not actual dialogue or subtle insults, but outright remarks that provided nothing(Aka actions in **). This is not the issue even if it's a minor thing though. The issue comes after a little while when the rp was done and I went afk:

[26mar2023 11:05:23.109] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [!] two bloody huge men aproaches

This was the emote I saw after they hit me mcly to be sure I would unafk and join the rp. Dreameater with Rider(who I believe is his brother ooc) approached me with two different characters(like not the character Ava insulted) while one of them mcly walked behind me, in an to cut my escape routes and surround me. Both of them were fully armored with their weapon out right away. I regarded them about the walking behind me while I was afk and had a small conversation about it. For the record, they weren't giving me time to emote:

[26mar2023 11:05:50.976] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] You are now talking in: Roleplay (20)
[26mar2023 11:06:31.782] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] monkelives: oi, don't walk around me. You need to emote approaching first, in front of me
[26mar2023 11:06:44.124] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] XxXRiderXxX: we did look
[26mar2023 11:06:53.698] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] monkelives: yes, but you just mcly walked behind me
[26mar2023 11:07:16.061] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [drenched blood] Honored Warrior WALKS BEHIND THE WOMAN.
[26mar2023 11:07:25.959] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] You are now talking in: Roleplay (20)
[26mar2023 11:07:34.543] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] monkelives: and you need to give me time to emote lmao

With the clear intent to take my blood or murder my character even though; if after other people joined at my side, they lied IC about their intents(which is fine to me). The problem was they switched(Rider was already on that character, i believe he just came online to do this) character and went into Celia'nor in order to seemingly find me and do this roleplay with their cultists character.

[26mar2023 11:23:27.971] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [drenched blood] Honored Warrior: “Enough, talking” lifts his war hammer above his head for a downward slash at Avas body.

After several warnings IC to simply depart they chose to attack us, WHICH once again, it's not the problem. However, it is how the fight went since most of their emotes to our hits were ignored or in general faced with such type of emote: image.png 

(this was when I hit him with my hammer on his head and precisely the second time). For clarification, they are young and new. I don't expect super quality roleplay, since I did similar stuff when I was younger but when you're forced into this kind of roleplay and you see these emotes, we all may get a tad distressed. This is another problem that I hope this report will address and whatever team contacts this player to help them out with a more firm hand. There are a lot of these emotes in the fight but moderators may check them with their command or I could give the logs, if needed! 

There was also a problem of being 7 ft humans but that is not worth to be adressed here completely since it got resolved. Just a minor issue.

[26mar2023 12:09:05.241] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] dreameater145: onhestly sam egged this battle it was suposed to be a donation mission
[26mar2023 12:09:12.327] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] sam33497: what...
[26mar2023 12:09:49.939] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] sam33497: when someone DARES u to fight multiple mages... should one accept
[26mar2023 12:10:03.375] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] dreameater145: bruh, you said pleas
[26mar2023 12:10:04.551] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] monkelives: Okay. I'll be kinda straight, you seemingly engaged this fight with questionable ooc intents, you are now slandering someone who invited you depart than fighting and are constantetly powergaming. Continue like this and I will contact a moderator
[26mar2023 12:10:35.909] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [Shout] [Hot Stuff] Garedyn The Green: “That doesn't look gud.”
[26mar2023 12:10:39.358] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [Shout] [Hot Stuff] Garedyn The Green left.
[26mar2023 12:10:49.595] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] sam33497: that is untrue
[26mar2023 12:10:58.378] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] sam33497: mr dreameator i did not utter that word
[26mar2023 12:11:13.762] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [C] Laeonathan: doesnt matter... like, idk what to tell you guys. Your character gets hit with a heavy hammer several times, charges in one direction, turns out of nowhere to block an attack (?) and than there's like, um, your character completly opening their  and getting out without a scratch.
[26mar2023 12:11:19.247] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] dreameater145: well, lets just get this over with and bezerk is more of a description of behaviour hes not stronger
[26mar2023 12:11:39.541] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] Aravir Laraethryn's blade instead swooped, as the armored man moved to readjuct, the elf thus feigned a high attack and sought to slice the torso of the Silent Warrior now that he was on the defensive and seeking to regain his balance in plate. The longsword sent low, probably moving along the gap between plate chestplate and leg area.
[26mar2023 12:12:17.555] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [LOOC] [VIP] monkelives: You were still distracted fighting Sam's character and the emote before you got hit regardless if it was your back or head, it would do something.

This is a conversation about them pointing fingers at Sam for baiting them into fighting, which is not the truth. I must also add that Sam was not very lucid at the moment and his words got twisted by them but overall he was very helpful and patient towards them, while I was not, Sam's character dared them to fight multiple mages and people but it was a IC problem that was made OOC. There's also a small discussion that adresses some people's concern such as Laeonthan's. (In the last message where I said you got hit because he emoted to get hit obv. I attempted my best to use "attempts to and try" in my emotes, out of safety.)

You may find in the logs messages from Laeos to me where he said that I should d40 because they need to learn their lessons and I was like "Yes, I'm evil" for the record, my response was jesting even though I made Dream d40, not for wasting my time or his roleplay but for his conduct out of character, which did not improve at all.

"Did you have a chance to resolve things? Share any evidence of their response."   <It can be clearly seen in this part of the report.

Fooldude#7120 my discord, if needed. I don't want the guy banned but to leave me alone, I'm not a staff member. I can help him only thus far if he does something bad. I'm a human being too regardless of him being young or a new player. But please, help him out. 

My main issue is how the player did such action and type of roleplay in order to gank me and enforce this narrative that was quite toxic, not their emotes and the like. Furthermore, their conduct outside the server and on the various discord, involving people who've nothing to do with it and open up an argument was in general stressful for me to deal with. A new player should not be excused for his behaviour, especially when it may afflict other people. I can endure it, obviously but what if someone else would not, everyone's a human here... not just the young new player (This is what I told him the conversation in our dms but I was properly ghosted).

More had been said throughout the conflict, both from them and from us. It's a lot, so stuff should check the logs in game, but if needed I may give the logs I saved too! There's just a lot, really. 

Relevant Material

Evidence

Everything's above! Also, check the evidence of uncooperative conduct to see the conversation with him in the other chats.

(x, y, z) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1076226944284233830/1089586299712843809/image.png

03/26/23

Evidence of uncooperative conduct.

Evidence

https://imgur.com/a/PG1fibC This is after a few hours when I talked with him. He continued to be rude due to the post I made and after being muted, he brought it into another chat(LOTC ST's one): https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/224590-the-bloody-menacewarning-post/?tab=comments#comment-1972712

https://imgur.com/a/ImovGka My first conversation with him.

For the record, three people tried to talk with this player but he continued to be rude and bring this problem in other discords.

Before posting on this thread, please review the Report Rules.

I'll weigh my opinion here briefly. Although it was conflict, it appeared that neither of the new players understood the system of give-and-take, much less how the functionality of combat works. I hope that perhaps what can be learned from this interaction is a review of combat systems, how to roleplay, and perhaps general server rules necessary to be reviewed before playing the server. Aside from that, the only involvement I had was in an RP context so I can not provide any insight into the aforementioned discord chats. Hope this helps! These new Tiktok players just need guidance is all this really means, perhaps a better CT tutorial covering combat and general how to roleplay instead of just the rules and mechanics.

Thanks.

I'm of the opinion that though their behavior obviously was not ideal, they were really just operating from unfamiliarity here. They're engaging in subpar villain rp as noobs and that's obviously not the best thing in the world to do, and they expressed some ooc frustration with it.. but compared to the norm on the server for 'toxic' crp, it wasn't particularly that bad. I believe this report is super unnecessary. To become frustrated with new players for poor performance in combat situations is completely unreasonable, though I will note that dreameater145 has done this a few times. I am with Sug that there should be something discouraging new players from villainy, as I have seen a lot of new or unexperienced players fall into this trap of trying to be the bad guy and ending up in a spot like this. I wouldn't mind if a CT or someone spoke to this dude, but he doesn't deserve a punishment for this.

Regarding dreameater's statement that I baited him into it, it was not unfounded. I was under the influence at the time of this rp and unwisely got involved in rp due to someone being attacked in the Celia'nor square. I did make some statements towards dreameater in jest daring him to attack fooldude's character, but with the quantity of people around, I did intend for it to be sarcastic jest, but... that bait was still there. A new player can't be expected to parse through all the trolling done by LOTC players. I personally think this dude is just trying to have fun and the whole process with how this has been handled is kind of upsetting to me. This guy should be being taken under someone's wing or helped out, not having a report filed on him. He didn't engage in any excessively belligerent or harassing behaviors or anything worth punishment for, and I regret that this is gonna become rather publicized. Please someone just talk to him, I will also be doing my part to help him figure shit out.

22 hours ago, sam33497 said:

I'm of the opinion that though their behavior obviously was not ideal, they were really just operating from unfamiliarity here. They're engaging in subpar villain rp as noobs and that's obviously not the best thing in the world to do, and they expressed some ooc frustration with it.. but compared to the norm on the server for 'toxic' crp, it wasn't particularly that bad. I believe this report is super unnecessary. To become frustrated with new players for poor performance in combat situations is completely unreasonable, though I will note that dreameater145 has done this a few times. I am with Sug that there should be something discouraging new players from villainy, as I have seen a lot of new or unexperienced players fall into this trap of trying to be the bad guy and ending up in a spot like this. I wouldn't mind if a CT or someone spoke to this dude, but he doesn't deserve a punishment for this.

Regarding dreameater's statement that I baited him into it, it was not unfounded. I was under the influence at the time of this rp and unwisely got involved in rp due to someone being attacked in the Celia'nor square. I did make some statements towards dreameater in jest daring him to attack fooldude's character, but with the quantity of people around, I did intend for it to be sarcastic jest, but... that bait was still there. A new player can't be expected to parse through all the trolling done by LOTC players. I personally think this dude is just trying to have fun and the whole process with how this has been handled is kind of upsetting to me. This guy should be being taken under someone's wing or helped out, not having a report filed on him. He didn't engage in any excessively belligerent or harassing behaviors or anything worth punishment for, and I regret that this is gonna become rather publicized. Please someone just talk to him, I will also be doing my part to help him figure shit out.

I do believe you jumped on the post without reading the actual content. My main issue is not with their style of roleplaying, nor the villain even though, as you said, is subpar and they didn't emote many things correctly. The huge problem is how they approached the situation and for x reason. I'm pretty sure Dream is not stupid or a 4 years old where someone must hold his hands.

Not other than but my conversation with him in dms, was my approach and likewise, this report is to be sure the player should be warned and eventually forcing an actual CT to wake up and assist them, because that's not my job, even though  I tried it several times. This is not the first time he does such type of villainy either or that some other people/myself doesn't try to help him. Because we did more than once, for as i said... this is not the first instance. One of the reasons why his main character is around Celia'nor after committing bandit rp, to give him a chance and a community. If the hand is held forward and he didn't accept it, it is quite not our fault

The problem remains how he went around in the other discords in order to throw shit without any explicit reason and geniunely causing me to get upset.  Regardless of the reasoning, what he did was not nice and I don't want him banned, as I said in my post.

The player clearly hasn't learned those times that people tried to explain them anything, be it being to not do this kind of villain or to not emote x. You may guide someone away from playing with fire but if they return there when you aren't looking to touch it, is quite so their fault. Again, I don't want him banned.

EDIT: Yes, what Sug said is right. There must a change on this whole system and someone ought to help these players. I would also like to add that Sam and them using as a excuse that he baited them out was a last resort. In my conversation with Dream he said my character pulled a weapon out so it must have been resolved through combat due to their culture(when my char didn't but they did it first, so it's whatever). Sam did nothing wrong.

Moderator Comments:

Spoiler

I will be handling this report and will be in contact with both players reported to go over their consequences. This thread is locked and considered handled.