"GOD HAS MADE ME FOR THIS DAY" | Minitzian Patriotic Song

NCRhskbbbeJRsmWjteXKfAw10ayr0FFkuvT5meGmUKBp0Zj8qD5bI2IzzW988BZ3CdKlSwB008gwQEZcewApgQBxOnBKKLYpwwAc-_s6P0pceHbdUuxfoHR59xZpqETAR6IjV2J_yUBFDJzvn5UmJ8g

“GOTT HAT MICH FÜR DIESEN TAG GEMACHT”

“GOD HAS MADE ME FOR THIS DAY”

Minitzian Patriotic Song

Composed in the year of our Lord 1917 by Ludrik Katzak

1fLZqaHUO3BWK_KLC3RYDpOIDedyqtjjlvMJ7HT2fLhanc7vNVwLcjlyu67likljRQZRtLJpvPrCoyaLb4E8Y2yvmYZd4AYT38xlnjknOF5vFtLpgMHeZVPSOfpxpne_Tb_Sa1vmiu1J8X-IzOut3yQ

Composed by Chieftain and bard Ludrik of the Katzak tribe after the battle of Rolly’s Hill, the following song tells a tale of perseverance and the Reinmaren love for Fatherland. Despite the defeat against the Adrian and their mercenaries, the Warriors of Minitz returned home with their heads high and with smiling lips. The sight of Neu Brandthof, their home, warmed their heart, their loyalty and honour made them victorious even in loss.

Many rushed to their mothers, sisters and children, those without family enjoyed the company of their brothers-in-battle. They returned home with their Herzog, who had fought valiantly on their side. So sang the tavern of Minitz that night:

U8C-RQxpoDLEqkJGK1M66xqvE32wmUyG68tBBClaVU6DQ4ECpZjB5ithRgJyYGfEtPZfShemv2i_BNzJb32X0ws_QtQlk7rd2S7IO9Rngi5vxlccjfGsNOkAec3Locl2Xxoe8LqoihDmFKGnNxF_HfU

Depiction of the Minitzian Warriors gathered around their Herzog, Brandt “the Wise”, before battle.

Thus are the translated lyrics of the song, originally sang by Ludrik Katzak in the scarce tongue of Old Reinmaren:

Once again my face I mark with blood

Once again I took the mountain roads

Heeeey! Heeeey!

With a step I pass through Hussen

To tell my mother her son is alive!

Heeeey! Heeeey!

The hour feels like three hundred years,

Without visiting you, Brandthof.

To kiss your old castle,

For there is no other place for me!

GOD HAS MADE ME FOR THIS DAY!

MY CHEST WILL TAKE ON LIGHTNING!

MY HANDS WILL RAISE ONE FLAG!

The sunrays kiss my forehead,

Saint Johann is in my heart.

Heeeey! Heeeey!

Songs of Freedom I write with blood,

Giving my life doesn’t feel enough.

Heeeey! Heeeey!

Petsch Herrlichkeit, the Sun above the Minitzian plains

melted the snow above the mountains.

Heeeey! Heeeey!

His footsteps are heavier than the mountain,

He gifted strength to my heart.

I don’t need my voice,

if I don’t call for war,

Heeeey! Heeeey!

Gather all the birds of the plains

To sing a song for Brandt the Wise

Heeeey! Heeeey!

I don’t need my eyes,

if I do not see the Kanun alive.

Heeeey! Heeeey!

If I don’t go to Minitz,

to sing the Reinmaren song!

1fLZqaHUO3BWK_KLC3RYDpOIDedyqtjjlvMJ7HT2fLhanc7vNVwLcjlyu67likljRQZRtLJpvPrCoyaLb4E8Y2yvmYZd4AYT38xlnjknOF5vFtLpgMHeZVPSOfpxpne_Tb_Sa1vmiu1J8X-IzOut3yQ

OURS IS THE NIGHT’S BOUNTY,

Ludrik Katzak von Katzanik

Chieftain of Katzanik, Lord of Riverrock, Father of the Katzak, Lord of Arms of the Band of Banners

rDpdpHUWOkT7EPFA5XSIrsHrKZ9n4ZKXFdSRd8rmGaMdIw4uKibdDHDTICKMPjcKGyiwSM-yR_tu_TAZ425RBVgDGedOjosUlryFIjUBiiO70BZ_vu9WbM6l25JClNBgSWE9pjUbbABDA10QBt6kuZo

"God be with the Minitz people. The truly honorable and courageous." Robyrt sighed in defeat today, but was optimistic of the future. Though not related in blood, the people of Minitz were his new family. Forever may he stand with them.

"GOTT Mit Uns!" Yvian would exclaim, battered and bruised from the fighting as he lay in recovery.

"Wer Rastet, Der Rostet!" Sir Ludolf was unable to draw his blade high; as he'd sustained wounds in the Lower Petra, but he surely would've..

A wounded Waldenian chieftain would begin to hum this song alongside his tribesmen and retainers in the aftermath of the battle. "It is but one battle, kinsmen. There will be many more. Wer Rastet, Der Rostet!"

A woman hummed the ballad to herself as she wiped down the bar, finding the tune rather catchy despite her affiliation.

Hali Black clung to his resolve to repay the debt to the home which had given him so much. Though fear and gloom threatened to overwhelm his spirit, the ember of hope would not go out this day.

An injured Barclay lad raises a fist high after the battle, muttering the lyrics to the tune in pride as he laid in recovery. "GOTT EST GUTTE!"

Brandt Barclay listens to the thief compose the song as he goes to work about repairing the MOOT HALL!

"Oh, that'll be why there's a random ******* chair in the middle of the road," Stanimar scratches his head, looking at the painting.

1 minute ago, argonian said:

"Oh, that'll be why there's a random ******* chair in the middle of the road," Stanimar scratches his head, looking at the painting.

Manfred Barclay raised a brow as Stanimar made note, all of it suddenly making full sense.

"Oh. That explains it. Well, mystery solved."

Petsch von Minitz would smile from the seven skies, "Don't worry lads, Minitz is even favored in the heavens." He would feel eternally grateful that he was remembered by his people "GOTT LOVES MINITZ".

Wilheim smiled to himself as his works within his own Reinmaren lands continued, a bard reciting the work to him. "Even in times of war, Minitz never fails to make ein gutt tune."

Eloisee von Minitz would go on with her daily post-war life, humming this song every so often.