Respect

SirB0ng0

Respect

By Jonathan O’Kieran

What is respect?

The answer to the following question is not simple. Respect is the idea of accepting someone for who they are and treating them as if they were one of your own. Respect is the idea of treating others as equals no matter what.

Why is respect important?

Respect is important because it is the basis of society. It helps build relationships and allows those who do great things to be rewarded. Respect is not something simply gained, and it can be lost easily.

Why am I writing about this?

Earlier this day, I was encountered by a disrespectful man whom was walking about blowing smoke from his cigar, with no regard to those around him. Ser Leydon, and I requested him to leave. The man refused. It got to the point where Corporal Callista got involved, and yet the disrespectful man continued. I tried to keep my cool, but I nearly broke. The man continued to be rude to not only myself, but also the others in the area. He was blowing smoke around INFANTS! He was even yelled at by multiple people, yet he continued. The man’s name you may ask? Jonathan O’Cool.

I do not mean to bring slander among another man, but certain times call for the measure. I tried to keep my cool, but everyone has their boiling point. I hope all who reads this will understand the disregard of respect given by this man.

Yours truly,

Jonathan O’Kieran

callista now brings it in her daily routine to read these missives that her deer friend jon writes

Gregorius Roa sighs as he reads the missive "Those guys never learn… Even if its kids" 

"Don't right know what this man's problem is," Kris Darkwood said, his own cigarillo clutched between his teeth as he played cards with some of the people in the tavern. "Reckon someone his age should know the health benefits of a fine cigar. Keeps away the miasma of disease, after all."

Kor'garr the Clanless raises a thick brow in abject confusion as he reads.

"Rezpekt tu awl? Nub, Rezpekt iz given tu doze wyth Honor. Nub awl ar equal, nor ahr awl Honorable. Kor'garr wuld nub 'rezpekt' zum lying kowurdly voyd meyg ohr nubded darkzpawn, ang nubazh elze wuld ethur."

Like the cool dude that he was, Jonathan O'Cool, a lit cigar in between his teeth, would find the missive fallen to the the ground as he was kicked back and chilling doing his gate duty. Relaxing as read the paper, he would break out laughing and would think to himself. Respect? Does he even know what that is? I was just walking around smoking and then he and his friend accuse me of smoking as if it was some attack to the lady who was with them. I was just left there stunned like what? Lad... I was just smoking and exploring the beatiful city of Atrus! and ye were disrespectful to attack my cool vibes and ruin my smoke and instead of being nice about it! ye accuse me of smoking to create some harm! Where is the respect in that! As for keeping your cool, you nearly tried to fight which would be a bad idea on your best day and then call me an imbecile Which disrespected me so, especially as I chose to not return your disrespect! At least the others were willing to calm down and speak about it afterwards and we made a level of peace with it! Know respect before you preach it and learn the truth too! You can't say you have no intention to slander, but then proceed to do it! Where is the respect in that!

7 hours ago, Awesam5555 said:

Like the cool dude that he was, Jonathan O'Cool, a lit cigar in between his teeth, would find the missive fallen to the the ground as he was kicked back and chilling doing his gate duty. Relaxing as read the paper, he would break out laughing and would think to himself. Respect? Does he even know what that is? I was just walking around smoking and then he and his friend accuse me of smoking as if it was some attack to the lady who was with them. I was just left there stunned like what? Lad... I was just smoking and exploring the beatiful city of Atrus! and ye were disrespectful to attack my cool vibes and ruin my smoke and instead of being nice about it! ye accuse me of smoking to create some harm! Where is the respect in that! As for keeping your cool, you nearly tried to fight which would be a bad idea on your best day and then call me an imbecile Which disrespected me so, especially as I chose to not return your disrespect! At least the others were willing to calm down and speak about it afterwards and we made a level of peace with it! Know respect before you preach it and learn the truth too! You can't say you have no intention to slander, but then proceed to do it! Where is the respect in that!

callista thinks he isnt cool.

Spoiler

jokes